Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday July 16, 2011

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Saturday July 16, 2011

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:52 am

Morning..

I don't know what happened...the alarm rang, I shut it off & took a stretch...the next thing I knew it's 2hr/15 mins later!!! I am not happy about that. I now feel tired & grumpy. I'm counting on strong tea to fix me up.

The usual for me to day uglies & public radio. If I get the measurements from DD2 I'll start DGS's robe if not I'll start me terry robe. That should make a mess of the house....LOL

Lori.....that's a good "??". For me there is a point when a WIP slips out of my mine & it becomes a UFO..I remember a discussion on the topic...dose anyone remember what we called projects that we have all that is needed but we never started. I have a lot on those.

Jules....good luck with your revaluing & mortgage moving. Then you'll have a clean house..(:(:

Mel....have a wonderful day with your little buddy!

Teresa....prays for DS. If we have to wait to see the afghan Aug 10 not to far away.

Suzette...wishing you a successful yard sale..$$$$$

Grammie...I'm happy for you & your heavenly wonderful day.

mary...good for you I wish I could fit more storage in my sewing room. Can there be enough??

Joann...happy shoping...did you find some thing for quilting?

Tina...wishing good luck with all you have to do...you sure are busy!!

Well I'm feeling more awake...need more tea..

BBL, Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:04 am

Good morning, it will be a fun and wonderful day today... I figure if I start the day out positive it will help the day stay positive... it seems to be working for the most part...

Jules, if you finish that spring cleaning I could use you and Charley here for a little touch up.... hope you have a marvelous breakfast... did she find any more mice?

Mel... I think DH's go to those work related things to catch up with old friends.. bet he was very handsome... give your boy some smooches from me...

Teresa, hope you're all caught up... looking forward to your pictures.

Suzette, hope you make a million on that yard sale

Judi, the smell of cooking sausage should get everyone up... I rarely have an empty lap anymore either....cool isn't it?

MaryRose, your sewing area will be wonderful when you are done... I am so excited for you....

Joanne, you have a great life.. I love your front porch sitting... and the Mamma's grill for dinner... I would love to visit your town...

Tina... it will get done... I hope that after this weekend your time is all yours....

Kathy, come to the state fair with us and you will be un-grumpy... and no uglies... what more could a gal want?

Lori, all of my QIP's are UFO's and visa versa...

today is state fair day... it should be decent weather and we will have fun... tomorrow Marilyn is excited about going to Sunday School... there is a little Baptist church up the road and I am hoping she likes it there...

here are pictures of the dress I made for her, she wanted it long... and she loves pink...

you all have a fantastic day.

[/img]

[/img]
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Jules

Post by Jules » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:04 am

Phew I'm done for today........all the downstairs is done, tomorrow we will do our bedroom and bathroom, spare bedroom, DH's office and Chaz can do her bedroom and bathroom, so not too bad.......am now on the sofa with my feet up a coffee in my hand and a new book to read, I think I've earned it :)

Jules

Post by Jules » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:11 am

Joanne - how nice that Vivian might pop in today, hope you get what you need at Joanns

Tina - hope you get finished at DD's and can finish moving your sewing room

Kathy - I hate it when that happens, I always feel a late start throws out my whole day, hope you get all caught up with yourself :)

Chriss - nope there was no more mice, just a rogue one that had got in I think, while she's home the agents are sending in an exterminator to check and Chaz has left post it notes pointing to where she thinks the mouse might have got in, so by the time she goes back in a couple of weeks it should all be sorted and the memory of it will have faded for her LOL love the photos of Marilyn in her new dress - aren't you clever :)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:30 am

Good Late Morning!

Usually I'm up by 5;30 and DH sleeps until 6:30 or 7. This morning, we turned things around. Not sure what happened there!

LORI - and here's another question: If you win blocks in a swap, or find swaps at the Goodwill, etc, do they automatically vault into the UFO box or is there another box for "scores"? I can see I really never have read the rules of quilting very thoroughly.

JULES - as long as you're on a roll, perhaps you could pop over here and give me a hand?? Oh, and bring your gardening gloves, too, would ya!

MEL - we got to go to a Military Ball at Fr. Lewis about 4 years ago as guests of our friend who was a colonel at the time.My DH never even wears a tie, let alone a tux. But we found him a beautiful one at the Goodwill for $15. And we were seated at a table for eight I was surprised to see sitting across from me was MaryAnn L. who I went to school with 1st grade thru 12th! I knew her instantly, but she didn't recognise me at all. Have I changed that much since 1st grade??? The ball was fun for us, but our friend didn't look like he was having fun at all, with all the rituals, pomp, and ceremony.

TERESA - glad you got all your problems worked out! I knew there is a top side and backing side to Warm & Natural. I called the company and asked. The bumpy side (hardly discernable, but it is there) goes next to the backing. When I did my DGS's fruit/veggie quilt I quilted it by merely "writing" foodie terms all over it, interspersed with "Nonnie loves Alec", and "when you read this, give me a call and I'll give you $5." It was fun! He never found the $5 bit though until months later I told his mother about it. Five minutes after that he was on the phone crying, "You owe me $5, Nonnie!"

SUZETTE - I'm wishing you good garage sale karma today. And your rule of not letting anything come back into the house is a good one. Sad to say, 3 yrs ago when we had our sale, we didn't have that rule. Too much came back in!

JUDI - Oh, I remember those days of stepping around the sleeping DGS's sprinkled around the floor of the trailer, trying to get to the coffee pot! Sounds like you are going to have a terrific weekend with your boys!

ROSE-MARY - I think working in your sewing room is the most acceptable of all excuses for not having time to post here! lol! Did I see those cubicle storage units on sale at Home Depot? What are you going to store in them? Fabric? I call those PBS sewing shows my "Saturday Morning Cartoons". It was actually a fairly smooth transistion from Bugs Bunny & Huckleberry Hound to this.

JULES - you know, you should probably spend some time 'cleaning' in your sewing studio, too, shouldn't you? *wink*

JOANNE - I love that Earl is so involved in the restoration of history! Wish we had something like that going on around here. Tell him I want to see photos when he's done!

TINA - Moving into a bigger, better, cooler sewing room or helping my daughter set up her new house? I'm afraid the girl would lose on that one! lol! You couldn't pry me away!! She's lucky I'm not her mom!

KATHY - lol! Same thing happened at my house! Not sure what went on there - I went to bed at 9pm! And how do you know you're grumpy if there's no one else there to grump at?

CHRISS - the dress looks like a princess dress to me. And I hear princesses are big at your house. Have fun at the fair! I want pictures of you screaming on the roller coaster!

I think since it's raining today, I will try out a sample block for my winter vacation swap. If that goes well - then I'll be off!! If not, then I'll move on to placemats & napkins for a birthday gift. Or maybe pull out a UFO - or is it a WIP??

Hope you all stay sew happy today!

mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:45 am

Good morning!

I will be glad when all these papers are signed! We have gone over all the documents with an attorney and worked out the details - I think we will be under contract by the end of the day - then it is home!

Sarah looked at many models near where she will be working - her company will help her with the move too - they are now making the decision on what they will do. Her DH has polished up his resume - I think that they will start their house hunting in earnest later in the year. She can continue to work from her house and only come down to the main office once a week for the time being. The CEO is our good friend - Sarah was always over at their house growing up - her BFF is the daughter - and Sarah is like one of their children too.

I am quoting Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz - "THERE"S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!! - then maybe life can return to normal! for awhile at least!!

Well a wonderful breakfast awaits me down stairs - I hope to be able to respond to all when I get back to Concord!

Lots of hugs and prayers
Jana

carole

Post by carole » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:57 am

Well it has happened to me ---- typed here this morning and whammy -- it is all gone. Hmm wonder where it went. Do you think it is hanging somewhere in the air and will just reappear sometime when we are least expecting it. So let's have another go at this-------

Jules - I agree with you - if you are waiting for something to finish a project - it is WIP. If it is put in that bottomless box - it is UFO. Hope your cleaning goes well today and you are not too tired.

Kathy - good for you - a sleep in. Wish we could have one, but good ole devil dog gets us up with his singing between 5 and 6 am. I would rather think of him singing instead of whining. LOL

Today is a very slow relaxing day for us. No plans - so I can see some sewing on the horizon and golf on tv for the dh. Tomorrow we head home in the car and will return Tuesday. Lots of laundry to do when I get home, doctor appts. and a hair cut is on the agenda for the next couple of days. (Or should I say hairs cut - that is so cute and makes you think - doesn't it)

Hope everyone has one fantastic Saturday. Good thoughts and prayers for each and every one of you.

Hugs,

Carole

PS Has anyone heard anymore re Shirley Mae?

womster

Post by womster » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:46 am

Good morning, ladies.

Just a quick hello - we are home from having our breakfast date, and now I have to get ready to meet my DS1 and his family to go see the new Harry Potter movie.

Kathy - I would also like to know the name of projects that have been purchased but never started. That is what comprises most of mine!

We had a great time up at my DH's ex's homestead centennial celebration. A beautiful mountain home - simply idyllic. If you've ever seen Cat Ballou - it was filmed up on their property.

OOOOPS - DS1 just called and needs a ride home from Big O. I'll BBL!

xoxo - Sharona

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 am

Tea break!!!

I've worked out all the grumpies by thinking of sewing after uglies.

Chriss...Marilyn looks lovely in the dress!! Good job! Oh, I'd love to go to a state fair. I've never lived near one. I know you'll all have a fun time.

Maryz....I'm tired if moving the sprinkler I hope we have rain..LOL
I know I'm grumpy when I talk unkindly to my self...

Jana....I hope all of this work goes smoothly.

Carole...I do wonder where all out lost words go. They must be handing out together somewhere.

Sharone.....LOL....I remember Cat Ballou. The property is beautiful.

can't wait to sew......Kathy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:52 am

Hi All

Just poping in to say Hi to everyone I made a huge mistake when cutting out the pillowcases to match the light house quilt so I had to go and purchase more fabric from Joanns because it's a 1 way print and I had all the light houses going sideways well that wouldn't due so Im back to the drawing board.

Well it's time to switch the wash around.

Lois BBL.

Return to “Sew ins”