Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 12th

Daily discussions.
Jules

Tuesday July 12th

Post by Jules » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Morning girls :)

Well it's Tuesday, quilting day for me at Chris's although today I am making a bear for Charley LOL this is the last one this week, after this one I must get back to some quilting :)

Looks like it's gonna be an overcast day today although still warm, DH has gone for an early round of golf and I need to get in the shower, am meeting a friend for a coffee before I go quilting.......and I am so happy today, a really good friend of mine got married yesterday, she has been with her partner for 16 years, they were both married before but he was determined to never get married again, was very scarred by his first marriage, but the sneaky pair FINALLY decided to bite the bullet, and they sneaked off yesterday just with their kids, they each had a child from their previous marriages and got married.........I'm so thrilled for them both, they've nursed their hurt for far too long and am so happy that they have let that go and are embracing a new happiness......can't wait to see the photos and can't stop smiling when I think of them :)

Vicky - I think also it's hormonal, I'm in a pre-menopause state I think, and suffer the same things, forgetfulness, irritable, clumsy, extreme exhaustion but also can't sleep well......I feel like I don't know my own body.......hope it eases for you soon

Wishing everyone a good day, cooler temps for those suffering the heat, dry days for those in soggy areas and lots of love and prayers for you all x

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday July 12th

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Good Morning Jules

Today I will be home I have a UTI so Im home today and if I feel better I will go back tommrow when you get this it is so painfull.

So when I get ready today I am going to sew .

Jules so nice thhhat the couple finally let go and tyed the knot I hope your day at Chriss' is a great one which kind of bear did you decide to make for Charley.

Well I Hope Everyone's Day Is a good One.

Lois BBL.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Good morning everyone.
I am still plugging along on the binding to Wyatt's quilt. He is doing pretty well. He is staying with his father who does not share information. So, I really don't know much about what course of treatment, etc he will be going through. Tonight after work and after hubby goes to work I will probably stay in the house cause it's supposed to be really hot and work on the binding. Have a great day everyone.

Vicky - I haven't given the quilt to Wyatt or his sisters. They each are getting one and my neice asked that they get them all at the same time.

Suzette
Suzette

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Good morning Pals
It was a busy day yesterday. Weekly shopping in town and i had a 50% off coupon for Joann's and picked up 10 yrds of Warm and White Batting. Should keep me busy for a bit :) I also picked up some wonderful glossy blue and a verigated blue thread. can't wait to use it.

Vicky and Jules - Listing those hormonal joys makes me feel I have kindred spirits with me. I was beginning to feel like I was starting alzhiemer's when DH said I said something and I know I didn't. Did you know there is also a ghost in my house :) The things it does is amazing! So rest assured you are definitely not alone. A number of years ago I told DH that I would warn him to stay away when I was hormonal and I would let him know when it passed. Seems to keep the peace most of the time.

Last night I worked on the borders of DD's afghan and have just the purple ones left to do. I worked on them while watching Anne of Green Gables on BYU station. Lots of great shows.

Well I am off to bed. Hope you all have a FABulous day.

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 am

Thank you for all the reassurance that I'm not losing my mind or control of my body... This to shall pass :-)

Yesterday did get better, we went up to Shannon's to return their truck and ordered a pizza and chilled for a while.

Today is the make up shopping trip with my MIL (I'm wondering if it really will happen today) Emily really, really doesn't want to do this but I need her to push the wheel chair. We will be going out for lunch too, so that helps.

I got to get myself around I have to drop Caleb off to this man at 8.

I'll be back later to check in.

Vicky

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:09 am

Lois I hope you are feeling better soon. THose infections are so painful.

Suzette prayers continue for Wyatt

Jules enjoy your day, I will be anxious to see what the next bear looks like. They are all darling. I saw some darling breast cancer fabric last night and thought, what a nice bear that would make. I am definitely going to look up that pattern.

It is going to be a muggy one here today and possible showers. Hubby is getting ready for the street rod show this weekend.

Well I have decided (along with my niece Terrie Lynn) that I have not baked any kind of decent (or any) bread lately so I am going to try and figure time to make that cinnamon raisin bread BEFORE the weekend is over hehehehe.
Have a super day one and all
prayers and positive thoughts being offered up for all in need
Don't forget to wear something pink today
Chrissy1

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:27 am

Good morning, it's going to be a marvelous day.....

after work I have no plans... so I hope to get to sew a little...

it's been a busy long weekend here... glad to get back to work to relax...

you all have a splendid day.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:38 am

A fast hello....I'm running late

"HELLO"

Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:47 am

Good Morning, I will do the uglies today, I did some yesterday, We will go to my Sis and get the 5th wheel home. It has been at her house since the 4th and the yard sale. I will clean it and pack it for the trip this weekend. Today I will run to the store for camp goodies. DD send over some stuff for the boys to take. After we take the boys we will be going up north for 5 days the following weekend, Then we will head south for the Machinery Show in Ohio and another visit with Jo and Earl/ Such is my summer plans. I need to get the quilts I have quilted and 2 more tops done. So much to do so little time.....how do you working girls get anything done.

Vicky Menopause is a bummer but it will pass. I took HRT for a while but found it didn't do much except make me gain weight, So I tuffed it out. Lasts for a while but seems to be worse at your cycle time. I think there are plus side to being post.....I have never felt better. XXXOOO

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:00 am

Morning girls. Yesterday was a tough day. I fell Sunday evening and twisted my ankle. When I got up yesterday it hurt too much to be up on it, so my "TO DO" list for getting "spring" cleaning started went out the window. It is feeling much better today. The only plans for today are to meet up with my friend Lahoma and drive up to Durango for a "FART" and lunch. Have no idea if either of us will actually pick up any fabric, but the shop moved to a bigger location and Lahoma wanted to see how nice it is with everything all spread out where you can actually see it. Although I can't really afford a new machine right now, I am thinking of checking out a new machine while we are there.

Chrissy, do you know if the cancer scarves are made in different sizes, or if they are all the same size? Cinnamon raisin bread sounds so good.

Jules have fun at coffee with your friend, and your quilting day with Chris.

Lois sorry you are under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.

Suz, I am so sorry that Wyatt's father is so stubborn and selfish, that he can't/won't share info about what all is happening with Wyatt. Prayers that that will change. Continued prayers for Wyatt.

Hello Teresa, Kathy, Chriss, and Judy. Hope your days go by smoothly.

Vicky, I ditto what the other girls are saying about the menopause. Hang in there girlfriend.

Well, I need to get my shower, get dressed, and get the dishes cleaned up before leaving, so I'll check back in later. Everyone have a teriffic day.

Maryd

Return to “Sew ins”