Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 12th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday July 12th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:03 am

Alina is on facebook...she moved to Arkansas for her DH wMork...He has something to do with the military, Her name is Alina Polta on Facebook if you want to talk to her, Her boys are getting big now...I talk to her every now and then Her
Mil was on here too, really sweet ladies.

mellomayking

Post by mellomayking » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:55 am

Good morning girls,

We have an overcast, cooler day here in the Great PNW. Had some sprinkles on the way in to work this morning. Got home last night to a sweet little face....seems like his Daddy decided to let him spend a few more days at Gramma's house! DGS was sooo happy. He just hugged on me a papaw and every 15 minutes or so he would look up and say "Gramma (or Papaw), I Love You!" Don't know why he was in such a lovey mood, but I sure enjoyed it.

I have jury duty tomorrow and Thursday, so I will be off-line for a couple of days. I sure miss all of you when I'm gone! Maryz, I drive in to Seattle, but after I get to the hotel, I pretty much stay put---I DON'T drive around Seattle! If I can't get there by walking, I stay in the hotel! LOL I thought about taking the bus up after work, but I just don't see myself hauling a suitcase on the bus!

Jules--How lovely for your friends...I can feel you smiling all the way over here! Hope you have a fabulous day of sewing and catching up with you quilty friend.

Lois--Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Hope you at least get to sew a little today!

Suzette--you will have that binding done in no time. Prayers continuing for Wyatt.

Teresa--Can't wait to see your DDs afghan.

Vicky--hope the shopping trip goes smoothly and that you all have a lovely lunch together.

Chrissy--mmmmmmmm, cinnamon raisin bread sounds delish!

Chriss--hope you get that relaxation in today!

Kathy--HI

Grammie--Sounds like you will have a great trip this weekend. As a "working"girl", I don't feel like I get anything done! It's all I can do to keep up with my swaps and the Lotto blocks! Oh well, I am enjoying those.

Maryd--ouch! Hope the ankle feels better soon. A good lunch and a FART sounds just the thing to make you feel better!

Cindyg--The strawberry jam sounds yummy! The Houston quilt festival sounds like fun...wish it wasn't so far away.

Carole--hope the blood work turns out okay. Have fun with all that hand applique!

Tina--Yay!!! Rain!!! Bet things smell wonderful there. I always love the smell after a good rain.

Sharona--don't feel bad....I do lots of stuff in my mind! LOL Hope you finish up the wall hanging today.

Karlene--boy, bet you are glad to see the end of those swatches!

Maryz--you are way ahead of me with the swaps. I haven't even finished my Chriss-Mas swap blocks! Have a fun day with your SIL.

Maryq--Hope you day at work flies by!

Chickie--boy, I don't see how you handle that heat! I'd never be able to leave the house--the air-conditioned house!

Well, folks are starting to trickle back in. Looks like the work-day is about to start with a rush. I hope you all have a fabulous day. I'll be back on Friday!

Hugs,
Mel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 am

Good morning - It is raining and I have a big thunderstorm!! YEAH!!!

We have not heard from the home builder yet - they don't open for another hour or so - this is nerve wracking!!

I have found five new quilt stores in this area! This will be hard as we are taking a pay cut to retire - so I guess I will have to teach to support my habit! LOL

We should have the little truck back today - we are waiting for that call too - last of the hanging fire items - then we will go back up to see Sarah again before we go home.

We are going to have to extend the rental car a few days and probably leave on Sunday to go home to California.

I must go now - I have a few uglies to do around here to help out -

Hugs
Jana

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:59 am

Good afternoon from warm, semi sunny....Do you believe, yesterday was in the 90s, unheard of in these parts, lol.....Today is 80s and the humidity is up and I'm sure a few rain drops in the future....I'm hoping it holds off until my things are done drying on the line.....I did have Nicky on weather watch but he's now sitting at the kitchen counter, eating, again!

Yesterday was also a very long day....That was doctor and surgery day....Jim 1st went to have his eyes checked and new glasses ordered...The doctor was so pleased with the outcome of his cataract surgery and so is Jim....We left there and he checked into the surgery center at the local hospital and everything was perfect...He woke up fast, passed all the after surgery tests and was able to come home about 3:30....He said, he hated being a baby but would take a pain pill before he went to bed...This morning he needed a tug to get him up but he's been outside walking and even tying up some of the tomato plants....I think I might have to hide the key to the shed, he keeps eying up the grass.....But, we have enough kids to help with things like that.....

Teresa, I agree with having a ghost in the house, there has to be one or 2 living here....
I'm really anxious for you to be done with that afghan, can't wait to see a picture....

Chrissy1, let me know when the cinnamon bread is ready...That has my mouth watering just thinking about it.....NIcky told me, he want's to make more sticky buns and wants to do it himself, this time....He made an eclair pudding desert that is fantastic (which he is eating now)...

Thinking of you all and wishing for nothing but all good things, fast healing and better days.....

You all have a great day.....

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 am

Good Afternoon. I got 2 loaves of bread baked and the uglies done. I ironed some shirts and have a few more to go. we are going to bring the camper home tonight. I will clean and start packing tomorrow and be ready to go friday. Boys want to bring their bikes so I need to make room for then too. I also went up to target and picked up some new crayons and color books incase it rains. My sis has a tube of glow sticks if it doesn't. We are prepared/ My friend is bringing the kids sized picnic table for the kids to eat at. This weekend it is all about the kids.....well out the door again......BBL XXXOOO/

Rose92

Post by Rose92 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 am

Good late morning:

Another little sad day. Today is the birthday of the my only child, a daughter, that I lost many years ago at age 5. She would be 44 today. And the birthday of my BFF, her aunt, and my heart's sister, who passed away 5 years ago. I know loss is part of life but even after all this time, the empty hole remains.

Trying to keep myself busy with worms, tomatoes and carpets.

Linda

mellomayking

Post by mellomayking » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 am

Linda, so sorry for your loss. I can't even fathom the pain of losing a child, especially at such a tender young age. Hope the day has some good memories of you daughter as well as your BFF. May God give you comfort on this day.

Hugs,
Mel

womster

Post by womster » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 am

Linda - my heart breaks for your loss. I've sent up a prayer for you. I hope Speedy gets his big tub of worms today.

Sharona

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:06 pm

We shopped ALL day, I have a very happy MIL :-)
She bought our lunch and got me a nightgown (which I'm hiding until my trip with hubby) and Emily a jean jacket she has been wanting.... she kept saying you look too, this isn't just for me... well it was just for her as neither Emily nor I are real shoppers. But over all it went very well. I did get to take her Hobby Lobby as she had never been there and we had a blast in that store, we walked up and down 75% of the aisles. I do have to say I'm pretty tired tonight.

Vicky

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Linda, I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though it's been many years, a loss like that isn't one we get over. We just learn to live with it. You have my thoughts tonite.

Return to “Sew ins”