Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Daily discussions.
toekeyotow

Re: Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Post by toekeyotow » Tue May 31, 2011 2:35 am

Prayers and special thoughts are being sent to you ShirleyMae and Tina. It is always sad to loose a loved one, that is when we pull our strenght from what they gave us while we had them close to use. Your memories will always live on in your hearts. Cherish those wonderful memories and their love will see you through these hard next few days. Prayers and Hugs to both of you, and your families. Joan

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 am

Good Morning Girls

First of all... my prayers and condolences to Shirley Mae on the loss of your Mother! May God bless you in the days ahead.

And to Tina... continued prayers for your DD and that God watches over her and doctors that care for her.

Vicky.... happy to hear that your MIL is doing so much better! Up and walking around!! that's great

Well, it's sure a different day here than yesterday! Yesterday was hot and muggy and windy! Today is cloudy and cool and rainy! but Jen and I planted flowers and tomato plants yesteday, so the rain is welcome! We worked our little fannies off this weekend! I'm almost glad to go back to work, so I can "rest" a little! It was wonderful to get so much done! I can actually WALK into my walk-in closet, the lawn looks beautiful, there's a few less weeds than before, and I finished a quilt top--all in all a great weekend.

Will be an easy work week for me this week. work today and tomorrow, have Thursday off, work Fri and Sat. Thursday I have more errands to run, need to get a passport card for our trip to Alaksa--have to have one of those to drive through Cananda. Need to go to the bank and see where to find money to pay off DEX. Stop at Kohls and find some summer pants. Since Jen and I cleaned out my closet, I need to fill it up again!! LOL. Maybe even sew a little. Since I'm having a new grand baby in August, I better get started on a quilt! DS and DIL won't find out if it's boy or girl... so I'll make it neutral!

Carolyn.... great to see you back again!! Do you ever talk to GeorgiaPeach... I wonder how she is doing.

Well, I suppose I better get butt in gear and get ready for work. Hope I can find my umbrella this morning.. I think I am going to need it!

Wishing you all a wonderful day
mary

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:09 am

Good Morning,

Shirley Mae: I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Its never an easy time but sounds like you were at least prepared to let her go. Just know that we are all here to hold your hand and give you support whenever you need it. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Tina: Prayers to your DD and lets hope the antibiotics take care of her ear problems.

Vivian

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 31, 2011 3:43 am

Good Morning on this birdsong-filled last day of May,

TINA - prayers for your DGD!

SHIRLEY MAE - my sympathies on the loss of your dear mother. Funny you said that the sound of her laughter still fills your mind's ears. That's exactly how I feel about my beloved mom, who died in 1989 - and how can we feel sad for our moms when we can hear them laughing? I am sending a hug your way!

CAROLE, JANA, SHARONA, MEL, TERESA, DELORES, KATHY, CHRISS, JOAN, VIV - good morning!

CAROLYN - You're back! you're back! Congratulations on all the wonderful events going on in your family! What an age - writing a dissertation while driving in a car and sending it instantly from a rest-stop! Amazing! Almost as amazing as you and your terrific family!

MARYQ - I need a nap after reading of all you got done this weekend!! Perhaps you do, too?? lol! What a great feeling to look at all you accomplished!

JULES - sorry your company wore you out, but how nice you can rest with your friend today while you sew.

LOIS - hope your new boss is all you are hoping for! Decades ago, I had a boss that felt free to dust off your bottom for you if he spotted a speck of dust. Now wasn't THAT gentlemanly!! That was before they invented 'sexual harrassement'.

SUE - you've been so busy! And that's the best thing to do with beets - give them away!! lol! Glad you got to see Cindy. Would love to see her new RV remodel.

JOANNE - no you don't HAVE to go sew on your totes - you GET to. After all, you could be out weeding beets!!

JUDI - seems you were just freezing and snowing and now you're "A/C-ing"! Did you have spring?

VICKY - so happy to hear your MIL is improving!

We have a pretty morning today, but it should be clouding up and raining later, perhaps even T&L, according to the wx-man. My plan is to get the rest of my lodge blocks cut out and packed into the trailer for vacation sewing. Then straighten up and vacuum the house. also, I'm meeting a friend at our LQS. She asked me to make a quilt for a fundraiser, and wants to go down and fondle fabric before she buys. Any little excuse and I'm down there! Oh, and someone needs to launder the dog. We'll be drawing straws for that!

have a sew-full day. Prayers for all your troubles.

mary z

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 31, 2011 3:54 am

SSSQQQQUUUAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I just replied to everyone and I LOST it. Oh, I get so mad at myself when I do that. Now no time to do it all again.

Shirley Mae - prayers to you and your family. You haven't lost your mother for you know right where she is and she and other loved ones are there waiting for you. Be careful on your trip.

Tina - prayers for your DD, too. I bet she's in some kind of pain.

Sue - we enjoyed your visit to our campsite. DH had fun talking with your DH about trailer stuff, etc. Next time, hopefully, we can get out on the lake for a cruise.

Everyone else - it is wonderful to be a part of such a caring and loving group. You are all there when something goes wrong and you're there to help celebrate the births, weddings, graduations, etc. And the quilty help and encouragement is the best. I'm so pleased to be a part of this wonderful group.

We are home from our camping trip and I couldn't get out of that park fast enough - it is way too snakey for me. Now is the heaps of laundry to do - got two loads done last night. I am almost finished with my second applique block and can't wait to start on the next one. It is sure a learning process. Gotta get busy.

Y'all fondle fabric today.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 31, 2011 3:56 am

Maryz - hi. When are you leaving? Give Snickers a big hug from me while you are giving him a bath.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 am

Good morning!

I am up early - for me! LOL I had to call and cancel a dental appointment for DH this morning -

Shirley Mae - my love and condolences for your loss this morning -

I got a note from my BFF - her daughter was getting married in July, but the daughter and her beloved decided that the July date was too soon, so they have postponed the wedding. Kyna and I were making the wedding cake - so now that is off - and my BFF will have to find another baker for the later wedding - Kyna won't be here then.

The weather is sure strange here too - it snowed at Lake Tahoe yesterday and is cold and gloomy here today.

My sewing machine has a phantom operator in it - with me nowhere near any of the controls - the needle will move back and forth and the presser foot that holds the fabric moves down all by itself! It is a computerized machine so there must be a glitch in the software program since I just had it serviced - will call them when they are open today - you can insert singing the Twilight Zone theme here - LOL

off to find something to get into -

Hugs
Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue May 31, 2011 5:18 am

A quick good morning!

Condolences to Shirley Mae... and happiness, too, for your dear mother is in the arms of The Lord! You expressed exactly how I felt when my late DH passed... he joined his mother for Mother's Day, and I knew there was great celebration in Heaven and he was free of his pain and paralysis from his cancer battle...

Tina, prayers for your DD... know it's painful! My late DH also had the mastoidectomy a long time ago.

Way too many to respond to... guess I'm late or y'all are terribly early and chatty! Hope everyone has a good day! I'll BBL...

karpet

Post by karpet » Tue May 31, 2011 5:33 am

Sneaking in here with a late good morning!

Tina- please keep us updated on your DD.

Shirley Mae and Brenda - my deepest condolences on the loss of your moms.

Grammie - it sounds like you are facing that same point - may the time left be blessed.

Vicky - Glad your MIL is doing so much better. I keep wondering how your DD is doing with her jaw? and JR with his shots?

Chriss - I missed something - your DGD is now with her dad? It sounds like it is better? But I assume this means she is farther from you?

Carole - That heart diagnosis must have been a real surprise. I hope things go well w/the cardiologist and that you come out the other side of this feeling much better.

Dolores - Is June the month your grandson has his surgery?

So many challenges. I know I have missed many. Hello to Cindy, Mary, Mary, Kathy, Miriam, and all! Life is hard but God is good.

We had a jump start to the day - Elizabeth got something out of the car and when she closed the door the back window shattered. So I have been to the glass place to have it cleaned out and covered w/ plastic till the new glass comes in. I have to head up to the city for another maintenance appointment on the car. We had all of Elizabeth's art work in the back to transport to the school for her senior art show. The glass place told me not to touch anything - they would clean it up so I did not cut myself. Well, they broke her 2 big pieces. I knew I should have taken them out myself. Elizabeth handled it well. She said she has a week to repair them.

I'm hoping our humidity level comes down a little bit. I need to clean the sofas before all the relatives arrive in 3 weeks. I'd like to do the carpets too but they were just done at Christmas so they are secondary.

My poor Elliot kitty (yes, he is the hopelessly noisy one) has lost most of his hearing. I can walk right up behind him and he has no idea I'm there. I about scared him to death this morning when I bent down to pet him.

Well, I better get going. Take care everyone.
Karlene

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 am

Afternoon girls

Much love to you ShirleyMae, I felt the same when my dear nanny died, she was 90 also and had been a huge part of my life, I was sad that I wouldn't physically have her here, but so happy that she was at rest, free from pain and with the Lord......and I feel her so strongly around me all the time, plus I have a devore scarf of hers that still smells like her - well smells of hr face powder really - but every so often I hold it to my face and inhale deeply, and it just fills me with happiness.......prayers for you in the coming days and safe travelling to Nebraska xx

Too many to reply to as Charley has arrived home and is trying to clamber on my lap for a hug.....will check back later hopefully

Return to “Sew ins”