Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, May 28th, 2011

Daily discussions.
momof6quilts

Re: Saturday, May 28th, 2011

Post by momof6quilts » Sat May 28, 2011 2:25 pm

{{{Brenda}}}

Time heals but you will never fill the void from loosing your mother.
It causes you to take more time with your our children and treasure them more, at least it did me.

Vicky

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Brenda -
So sorry about the loss of your Mom - that void is never gone - but it can be a place for all the memories of the times you had with her. I lost my Mom over 11 years ago - and I find myself still reaching for the phone to tell her something - then I remember that she is such a better place and still watching over me - I just smile! It will take time!

Vicky - you look wonderful in that dress - too bad it is so pink! Tie-dyed headbands - I lived in that era - in fact right here in San Francisco/Berkeley area - where it all started - I am so glad that it ended those many years ago! LOL

Maryq - you have been busy and so has your pencil! Take a long rest!!

Well I have found some trouble - not really - got 4 flannel receiving blankets hem-stitched on the machine - ready for me to crochet a edge on them at night watching TV or something.

Off to find something to eat - I am starved!!

Jana

womster

Post by womster » Sat May 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Oh Brenda - I am so sorry for your loss. May you take comfort in all the good memories.

Sharona

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Good Evening, Brenda so sorry for your loss. I am here to listen if you need to talk. Pm me for my phone number.

Vicky your dress is pretty on you and it does not look like pepto bismo.

Well both the 3 year old snd the 10 mnth old are sleeping. Baby fussed a lot. She only likes her Momma, but I finally got her to sleep. Liam and Pa spent some time inthe work shop and then Pa gave hima bath and after a small snack grammie layed with him and he was asleep in 5 minutes. So all is quiet for now. We shall see how well the baby sleeps/ I have had my shower and DH(love the man) did the dishes. There is a special place in heaven for DHs who just know when to help out.
I am going to read a bit and go to bed myself. Tomorrow we will take the kids home and head to Elmore Ohio for a dinner of lake caught walleye and then we will go to a concert of "Filldirt and the Backhoes" (I am not kidding that is their name) they are a 50s band, So we will have another fun day, DSIL birthday was great and lots of good food. We had fun. By the way the dinner is at my quilting students home. She will show me her latest projects. Have a great night, Love to all

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Brenda I'm so sorry to hear that. My thought are with you. Lori
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Brenda, hugs for you. I am sorry your mom is gone, and know you will miss her. It is hard when they go, but just remember she is in a better place now and free of pain and suffering. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Well I finally got all the projects posted over in the photo section. Sorry it took so long.

Have a good night. I should have been in bed 2 hours ago.

Mary/R

Return to “Sew ins”