Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, March 22nd

Daily discussions.
mellomayking

Tuesday, March 22nd

Post by mellomayking » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Good morning,

I am just on my way to bed, so I thought I'd pop in and say "hey"! I have jury duty this week, so I probably will be MIA for a couple of days.

I got two more beautiful blocks in the mail when I got home Monday night! Thanks Jacquie and Joanne. This is going to be such a treasured keepsake when it is all done. I am taking some muslin strips to jury duty with me so that I can get some of the ladies to sign...a few of us have gotten really close and it has been a blessing getting to know them. It will be sad when our tour is over as we come from different places and will probably never see each other again. I can make some blocks with their strips and incorporate them in "our" quilt! All of the these ladies are, of course, quilters! Amazing how we sort of drift together, huh.

Well, I better get to bed. Y'all take care and I will try to check in from Seattle.

Hugs,
Mel

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

Jules

Re: Tuesday, March 22nd

Post by Jules » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Morning Melanie, or should that be good night :)

I love the idea of you taking some fabric to jury duty to get the women to sign them......I will get to your autograph block this week and have it in the post before the weekend :)

Today I am off to my Tuesday quilting day - yay......first off I'm teaching my friend to put an invisible zip in a cushion and then we're going to get to some more egg money blocks, I'm hoping we will get the Peony block done today and one other quick one......my friend is a very good quilter but lacks confidence and needs to be coaxed through every project and I just know she'll look at the Peony block and have a little panic because she thinks every thing is beyond her capabilities, but by the end of the day she'll be chuffed that she's done it AND hopefully another block too...

Wishing you all a good day ahead and I'll check in when I get home tonight :)

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Good morning and good night -

Melanie I have never heard of anyone having a good time on jury duty. i think the next time I get the notice I will go. LOL. Have a great time with the ladies. Any chance you might get together when it is all over for a cup of tea? I will get to your block soon. My apologies I forgot to put it on my list. I need a list. my memory is not good at times.

Jules it is so nice to know that you actually get to do some sewing with your group. When our group meets we end up gabbing more than sewing.

Vivian - I love your facebook page. What process did you use when you did the picture quilt?

Spools Block gals - Every time I think I am supposed to just let it go something pops up. I have a new lead so please pray that I can find some answers for everyone.

I have butterflies on the brain. I finished the 42" sq'd quilt in blues, greens and whites with flowers and butterflies. Normally I would not bind in white but because of the way I did the borders it is the only thing that looks right. So I will flip the binding and work on the Star Blocks ... when I wake up as I am off to bed ... well I have to read first.
Hope you all have a great day. I need to catch up on yesterdays postings.
((((HUGS)))))), T.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Good morning Jules, Teresa, Melanie & those that follow.
Well Dancing with the Stars is back on. Thank goodness for our DVR. I was surprised at Kirstie Alley. She is really good. I was thinking that the season wasn't going to be very good. I did not work on anything last night. Tonight after hubby goes to work I plan on working on the blocks for the Moda Quilts for the military. I decided to make more then one. I made reservations for our anniversary trip yesterday. Hubby and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in June. Every 5 years we do something special. this year we are going to Williamsburg, VA. I have already checked out the quilt shops down there. One even sells Singer Featherweights. Have a great day everyone.
Suzette
Jules - Enjoy your sewing with your friend. It's great you give her a boost when she needs it.
Teresa - have a great day
Melanie - enjoy your jury duty
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Goodmorning Ladies

Im just poping in for a few and then I have to get ready for work it's a short day today so I would love to come home and start sewing the rows for my nieces quilt.

I Hope Everyone Has A great Day.

Lois BBL.

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 am

I showed Tia and JR their quilt last night :-) She kept saying oh my, oh my, oh my! Then she said she LOVED it and they talked about which blocks they liked the best :-) I told her that it was going to her friend in KY to be machine quilted and that was a surprise to her too.

Not the best pictures but you get the idea.

[/img]

[/img]

jeri1950

Post by jeri1950 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 am

Good Morning all.

No plans for today. Decided on a baby quilt pattern......tomorrow I will let you know the pattern name...don't remember right now. MAY get a start on it today.

JULES....so good of you to help your quilting buddy...you're a good friend.

MELANIE....glad you've made some new friends on the jury. When it's over you can at least keep in touch electronically.

TERESA.......'butterflies on the brain'...I know that feeling....with me it was dots. I once did a quilt with all dotted fabric and I was seeing dots everywhere, especially in my sleep.

SUZETTE.....what a nice idea to celebrate every 5th. anniversary with something really special....gives you something to look forward to and plan for.

LOIS....hope you get lots done on your niece's quilt. Have a good day at work.

Stay safe.
jeri

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 am

Morning...

Vicky.....that is a breath taking quilt!!! So beautiful!!! I love the look on Tia's face.

I'm off to work mas usual, had a good day yesterday.

I hope to sew on my baby quilt...the baby is due this spring.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:18 am

Good morning everyone. I hope this spring day (well not here) brings everyone
sunshine and happy thoughts.
Vicky thank you so much for sharing the photos of the kids with their quilt. There faces say it all, how wonderful.
Quick update on our niece and then I have to call my sister, they did her lung biopsy but in the process nicked her lung which caused it to collapse. Hours later they put in a tube to inflate the lung with air. She and her hubby has to spend the night at the hospital and are still there. At some point today they will remove the tube and we pray that the lung will hold air. Biopsy results wedensday afternoon. That is all I know for the moment.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day. Two more days and Cousin Nate is headed to Afganastan, oh me oh my.

Teresa I hope you will post photos You do such beautiful work and it is always a pleasure to see what you are working on.

Prayers and positive thoughts to one and all, enjoy your day.
PINK WARRIOR stay strong, we will get through this also
Chrissy1

jeri1950

Post by jeri1950 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 am

Oh CHRISSY...so sorry to hear about your niece. Hope everything turns out well. Will pray for her.

KATHY....hope you get to work on the baby quilt.

Return to “Sew ins”