Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

sunday,august 22

Daily discussions.
kittymom

sunday,august 22

Post by kittymom » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:01 pm

It's after midnight,so officially Sunday here. We're playing hooky from church for granddaughters arrive in the morning. A full week of playing and McDonalds and whatever they want to do ! Probably not much quilting while they are here.
I've wasted so much time today searching for a bunch of fake mums. They seem to have taken a walk-about. Drives me crazy ! I'll buy more and know they'll turn up then. Never fails.
It makes me hungry to hear about the good things being canned and frozen!
Randi

Jules

Re: sunday,august 22

Post by Jules » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:47 pm

morning randi....or should i say good night

its 9.45 UK time

i'm not playing hooky from church as i have officially left my church.....so i think i will take a few weeks getting my head together before i go scouting out a new church for us

my poor legs still haven't recovered fully from the quilt show but i have uploaded all my piccies of the quilts on display, well not all of them, there was hundreds, but the ones i loved the most....and later i will get out my purchases, and show you what i bought...it wasn't loads i'm saving myself for November.....while we're in Las Vegas, DH has said he'll drive me to QIAD and I can spend a day in there getting what i want.......so I'm very excited and saving myself for then LOL

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:29 pm

Goodmorning Randi and Jules

Well I am up because my DH had to work and I always get up with him.

Today Im going in my sewing room to clean that up and sew on 1 of my quilts.

My DH is starting the Living room tommrow afterwork we have decided on the Hillside Green.

Yesterday we went to my BIL birthday the food was excelent the drinks were good and the cake was scrumbsious.

We had a great time.

Have A Great Day.

Lois BBL.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Good morning Jules & Randi and those that follow.
Well, I dropped off my sewing machine at the "doctor's" office yesterday. Boy did I hit a good sale yesterday at Joann's. I had a scratch off coupon and got 60% off, had a 40% coupon and my 10% off card from AQS. I never get a good discount on those scratch off things. So, today I am going to cut the rest of the fabric for the quilts for Ronald McDonald house and finish quilting my stepdaughter's quilt. Have a great day

Suzette
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:00 am

Good Cloudy Morning!!!

I think it might really rain!! Confounded weather man just said 'rain showers off & on' that means no real rain.

Today I'll finish up the pillows cases & work on the butterflies for DGD's quilt. I checked my peaches I have enought for cobbler.

Randi...Happy you got to open today. How true you fine the item you're looking for when you buy a new one..LOL
How wonderful your DGDs are coming...where do they live?

Jules...I left me church also and I just found one just a few miles from my house. I knew the little red brick church was there. I just didn't know it was active. Can't wait to go.
I'm off to look at your photos. Wish I could go to QIAD..............

Lois...happy quilting.

Suzette....you deserved a "good" day at Joann's after having to leave your machine off for repair. What did you get with your 60% coupon?

See you later...Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:45 am

Good Mornng...

I am off to work today... yes on Sunday... I might have to work a weekend here or there for about a month or so then I am bck to monday throgh friday....

DH and Idecided that with the millions I am making working overtime we will go see the USS Hornet which is docked in Alameda, Calif.....it's an aircraft carrier turned into a museum.. I know he really wants to go through it so this will be fun for him... and we can do it in a day...

hope you all have a super day.

chiss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:27 am

Kathy that is so funny that you are gonna do peach cobbler. I have been thinking all week of making the SF blueberry pudding cake recipe but using peaches. I think I really NEED to make that today.
Rain off and on predicted for today. The boys are a little restless so I have them painting little wooden birdhouses I bought years ago.
Have a great day everyone.
Travel safely
Prayers and postive thoughts to all in need
"Pink Warriors" you rock!!!!
Chrissy1

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:32 am

Good morning everyone. I slept in this morning, woo hoo. After I have coffee with you, I will get ready for church.

Randi, it is good to see you got to be first this morning. Enjoy the DGD while they are there. If they are old enough, maybe you could give them a few cutting and piecing/quilting lessons. When they are young is a good time to get them interested in this art.

Jules, how long are you going to be in Las Vegas? Hope you have the time to make the trip to QIAD. It is a wonderful experience to go meet everyone. Do your homework on distance/days travel time. Find out which day El will be working in the San Marcos shop. It will be fun.

Lois, Hillside Green sounds pretty. We need to paint, too, but I just can't get motivated to do it.

Suzette, when does your baby get to come back home from the "doctor's visit"? Wow, it sounds like you hit the jackpot on your shopping trip..

Kathy, enjoy the rain if it comes. I'll be right over for some of that cobbler.

Chriss, hope your day at work goes quickly, with no bumps. A trip to see the USS Hornet sounds like fun.

Everyone enjoy your day, be blessed, keep a song in your heart.

Mary/Rosebud

Checkers

Post by Checkers » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:16 am

You all have to try Aunt Ruby's pie crust recipe that Farmchick put in. It is the best I've found and I keep looking. I even made it in the Cuisinart which usually is not kind to pie crusts and it still came out great.
Thank you so much - my search is over!
Mary

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:59 am

Good Morning everyone! It's overcast a little warm and a little humid, but not bad. The humidity is supposed to drop today into tomorrow..good news. Kathy, the rain wasn't much here...but some. We could really use a GOOD rain. The front flower beds are so full of weeds..some are waist high! Earl said we will pay someone to clean it out in the Spring. It's that bad! lol!

We had a nice pizza dinner last night at my daughter's house. My youngest son and little Ryan and Ashley were there, too. DD and I spent some nice alone time out on the deck talking. That doesn't get to happen too often!

My other son stopped by yesterday and I gave him Allisons repaired quilt. She has been sleeping with a sheet...she wouldn't use another cover! Her boyfriend just left for college on Friday, so she can really use her "comfort" quilt right now!

I'm back to hand quilting my son's Swirling Stars quilt again...it HAS to be done THIS Christmas! LOL!! I'm pretty tired of looking at it by now..it's been with me WAY too long.

Jules, how exciting! Vegas AND QIAD!!!! Whooo Hooo! I will never get to California, but if I could just "twitch my nose" and be there, I would! lol!

Lois, you all could come here and help with the painting that needs to be done around here!! Please???? LOL!!

Suzette, congrats on the savings!! Whoo Hooo! I love getting bargains!

Chriss, we visited the ship in North Carolina several years ago..it was cool!

Chrissy, prayers to you and yours!

Mary/Rosebud, good idea to check and see when El will be in the shop!!

Checkers, I know what you mean about searching for the perfect pie crust recipe! I did it for years and finally found a good one. I will try Miriam's recipe though...I LOVE pie!

Well, no real plans today...maybe a little laundry, some hand quilting, too.

BBL
Joanne

Return to “Sew ins”