Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, July 28

Daily discussions.
FarmChick

Re: Wednesday, July 28

Post by FarmChick » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 am

Good morning, All!

First, I want to say a huge THANK YOU!!! to everyone!!! Chriss confessed to what she'd done, and I'm surprised and sooooo pleased!!! I never suspected a thing!!! I asked how I could help, and she told me a tiny white fib, and I sent my card and FQ to her! LOL!!! You are all my dear friends, and I missed you sew very much while I was off-line! It was just about a year ago I found you, and everyone helped me make Chrissy's Myles' quilt. You are all like family--actually, BETTER than family (at least mine), and I appreciate you all sew much!!! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!

Today is my DD's 43rd birthday--about 40 minutes ago!!! She was born in a raging thunderstorm and had the red-haired temper to match. She HAS mellowed! LOL!!! My DSIL won tickets off the radio yesterday to a concert by Steve Martin & Lester Scruggs in Branson (MO) tonight. Sooooo... my DGS is coming to spend the night with us... our first houseguest! His sister will stay with her other grandma. Branson is probably 3 hours from DD's house, so they are spending the night, if DSIL can get off work.

Chrissy--Happy Birthday to Mikey!!! Give him a special hug from Auntie Chickie! Yum.... beets! They do take awhile to cook, don't they!

Suzette-- if you come work on the brush piles with me, you won't have to work out at the gym! LOL!!! Have a super day!

Scrap--you have a peachy day, too!!! Enjoy your nice weather!

Cookie--tell us where you go shopping so we can enjoy with you!!! It's fun to go along with everyone, at least in words, pics and spirit!!! ENJOY!

Grammie--stay safe if it storms! A prayer for ME's safety!!! Hope you have a quiet day!!!

Chriss--You sly devil... That was the devil poking your arm with darts for deceiving me!!! LOL!!! Have a wonderful day, and thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Lois--all your hard work will pay off when you stand back and say, "It's finished, and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!" Enjoy your new room and the fruits of your labor!

Jules, your table runner is so lovely! Wish my machine did that wavy stitch!!! It's so complimentary to the stitch in the ditch. Your work is exquisite! Have a fun day!!! Make sure your DH is comfortable on the sofa, and have lots of videos for him to watch on the TV when he comes to see you and spend time with you and your new quilting frame!!! Do you have a mini refrigerator there to keep stocked for him (you, so you don't have to take time away? LOL!)?

Time to fix breakfast and get ready to hit the day. DH is still sleeping. I think he got as tired as I did yesterday. I'm not sure I ever worked this hard 20 years ago!!! LOL!!! Maybe it just SEEMS harder... know I'm definitely slower, and it takes more time to recuperate and takes more breaks!

Everyone have a sew happy day if you can!!!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:21 am

Hello, again... Kathy & Mary I tromped all over you!

Kathy--our DS3 broke his leg last week and is in a cast. How long will you have yours on? He will be off work several months as he's a paramedic. Know it can't be easy sleeping!

Mary--sew sorry another quilter beat you to the stash! Sounds like you have an eclectic assortment of "stuff". A Boys & Girls club might like the pony beads and crafting items. Are you going to wear the gorilla costume for Halloween???

This time, I'm really outta here... BBL...

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:51 am

Good Morning!!

Looking forward to a great day...DD#2 and I are going to M&L discount fabrics today. She wants me to make some curtains for her kitchen area using home decor fabric...I don't really think they have what she wants but I'm not telling her...I want to check out all the cotton...sneaky? I know..hehehe!

DH and I went to Oceanside on Monday, just to get away. It was fun people watching and the ocean air was intoxicating!

Have had to switch health ins. recently to Kaiser and frankly I'm impressed. I have an eye exam friday, and my first appt. with the Dr. next Wed. In the meantime the pharmacist has called me and the new member person has called me within the last week. I'm a diabetic and they might take me off insulin and put me on something else. They don't cover the insulin I'm on now...figures

Make it a great day everyone, Lucie

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:52 am

Hi y'all.

Suzette - you make me feel like such a slug! Going to the gym all the time.

Jules - LOL. Does your DH have a hobby?

Lois - will you post pix of your bedroom when it's done?

Chriss - I slept so hard that I didn't hear my alarm clock. Got up 40 minutes late which gave me less than 20 minutes to try and work a miracle and get out the door. I was only 2 minutes late to work.

Chrissy1 - if you go to www.quiltingboard.com and go to the tutorials you will find pillowcases......and lots of other stuff, too. LOL

Grammie - we've been having storms on and off for a couple of weeks but today is suppose to be the last day. It will dry out tomorrow.

Cookie - which quilt shop are you going to? I need to get to your side of town and visit the Quilter's Emporium and that shop in Richmond.

Scraps - are you saying you might take a nap???? Lucky you.

Maryz - you just did make me chuckle. You are funny. I got my hairs cut yesterday - she went wild with t hose scissors. I don't think my hair is an inch long. I can't wait to hear about your machine.

Kathy - sorry you are having trouble sleeping with that cast. How long must you wear it?

Farmchick - The reason we like this site is because we can pick our friends but we can't pick our family. We naturally choose people we have something in common with. I really miss y'all when I can't get here.

I'm at work blah blah blah blah blah. Nothing exciting happening here except that one of my men's cancer quilt recipients is having his surgery today. Last night I ate dinner and then worked on Hunter's Christmas stocking. It's to the point where I can pack it up so I can take it to the lake next weekend. Tonight I have to get ready for the cleaning lady to come tomorrow. That's it - boring boring boring. Well, there might be one little exciting thing for me but I haven't made up my mind yet so I'm not telling.

I hope you all get to fondle fabric today.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:30 am

Has anyone heard from TeresaK?

There is a bad fire sweeping through the desert above Los Angeles. 30 homes have been destroyed and evacutaions are required.

http://www.kerncountyfire.org/incidents ... php?id=418

I don't see that she has posted since she started the sew in on Sunday. I believe the fire started early Monday morning.

She is east of the fire in Tehachapi in California City bordered by highways 14 & 58. I'm not good with mileage from maps, so don't know just how close she is.

Linda
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:02 am

It sure is different getting up in the morning. This will take some getting used to. I have a charity sew in with my guild today.

Mary z glad to hear your new baby is home. Is she purring?

Lucie, I love M&L. They have a great variety of fabrics. Have fun.

Linda, she's on vacation heading north. She left on Sunday.

Cindy....what, what, what...I wanna know! hahaha
Lori 8-)

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:16 am

Good Morning everyone...I slept in a little, so I missed the last run of our garbage man...sigh! We get a new garbage service next week so I'll have to make it a point to be out there to see the new man! Lol! Earl and I sat on the front porch this morning, enjoying the nice weather and reading until after 9:30 am! So I haven't done anything except bring up the scatter rugs from the dryer and wash the dishes. And here I am!

Suzette, Lois, Chriss, Chrissy and Cindy have a nice day at work...thank goodness I don't have to go anymore! Although I do miss my co-workers.

Jules, I LOVE that tablerunner! Simple and beautiful. Is that wavy stitch on your machine as a decorative stitch??? It looks a lot like hand quilting...and it is a great replacement for the "stitch in the ditch" which really adds nothing to the looks of a quilt. It is such a cool look!

Chrissy, we have three granddaughters that are 13!! Well, two of them just turned 14, but close enough! We could hook them up when they get older! LOL! It is a neat age...they are still young enough to spend time with...they usually haven't found that their peers are more fun than their grandparents, yet...lol! I used to have a link to making pillowcases in my "favorites" file, but I cleaned it out and got rid of the link...figures, as soon as I need it I've gotten rid of it! But I know someone here can help with that.

Grammie, watch out for those storms! I saw that on the weather last night about the bad weather in Wisconsin...I didn't know that Mary Ellen was from there, though. Hope all is well with her! We are expecting some "pop up" storms today, but it usually doesn't happen...but tomorrow might bring some much needed rain here.

Mary, what a shame that another quilter got to go through that stuff first!! Dang! I know my SIL's stuff had lots of double knit and fabric for clothing too...yard sale stuff. Hope you find something to keep!

Kathy, I imagine it is really hard to sleep in a cast! You'd think that the Dr. would let you remove it at night...I hope you don't have any pain. When my shoulder hurt, sleeping in the recliner was more comfortable than the bed...in bed I kept trying to lay on my right side and it would wake me up. Sewing distracted my mind from my body, so keep sewing! Hugs to you!

Miriam, hope you don't have to do anymore hard labor today! Enjoy your overnight company. Chriss is a "sneaky pete" isn't she?! I have something to get before you get my "gift"..

Oasis, please keep us informed on the fires and Teresa....I'm not at all familiar with California...hope she is ok!! Opps! Just read Lori's post about Teresa! Glad she is on vacation.

Well, I'm off to do something, even if it is wrong....you all have a great day!!!

Joanne

macdor

Post by macdor » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:34 am

Morning everyone, I have to say it's almost afternoon here. It was one of the nights that I could not get to sleep. Wake till 4, so sleep in a little. Have read all the posts, looks like everyone has been busy.

Had some bad news this morning my LAQ will be gone till Sept. I have three quilts waiting for her now. So my quilts will be waiting for her return. I hope she has a great time and gets to see a lot of quilt shops.

Not much going on here, the weather has been hot. But, a lot of you are experiencing the same thing. Started working on the appliqued quilt yesterday. Just the quilt not the applique.

Chick I must of miss the card and quarter somehow. Know that if I had not missed it would of been with the rest. Happy that you are settled in and hope that most of your cleaning is done. I want to know what you take for vitamins. You sure get a lot done in one day.

Well, someone wants the computer so better go. Everyone have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!! Be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs DorothyM

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:24 am

Lucie - have fun looking at fabric. I don't think it's sneaky - a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to get to the fabric store!

Oasis - I hope Teresa is OK. I've sent up prayers that she is. How scary. Thanks for the heads up.

Lori - I should have read everything before I started typing. I hope Teresa has a home to come home to - but at least she's safe and out of harms way. I can't say what it is because I haven't made up my mind. Oh, that not true - I've made up my mind but I just don't know if I should let him do it.

Joanne - you are shameless - lusting after the garbage men! Didn't your mother warn you about the garbage men and ditch diggers? LOL LOL

Dorothy - sorry you couldn't sleep. I have that problem sometimes and last night was one of them. Last night I took my new quilting magazines to bed with me and was reading...then DH and I discussed something and I got all pumped and thought about it for hours before I fell asleep. And I woke up 40 minutes late this morning because of it. Sorry your LAQ is gone. Maybe by the time she gets back you will have another quilt for her to do.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:24 am

Good morning! The weather last night was bad, but thankfully the worst of the storms were about 50 miles north of us. I think we've been under storm watches almost every other day. We've had close to 9" of rain just this month alone. Have been able to get a few things from the garden but we'll probably end up going to a farmers market for some things. It'd be nice not to get muddy on the way back to check on it. If I could, I'd send the rain to those in need of it.
I'm kind of in a "funk" & just can't seem to find something to keep my interest. Maybe if I go through a couple of books, I'll be motivated? Hope everyone has a good day & thanks for thinking of me!

Return to “Sew ins”