Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

7/26/2010

Daily discussions.
meagsmom

7/26/2010

Post by meagsmom » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Good Morning!!!!
I have the day off and my list of things to do keeps gowing, Just little non time consuming things but need to be done. I hope every one has a great day. My husband is going to play golf so I can have an uninterrupted day. Enjoy!!!!!
Maureen(meagsmom)

fabricgirl

Re: 7/26/2010

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Goodmorning Maureen and Everyone who follows

Well the goodnews is the bedroom is almost done and it's looking realy good.

So today I will consintrate on putting things away when I get home.

I Hope Everyone Has A great Day.
Lois BBL.

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:22 am

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Prayers and positive thoghts
Chrissy1

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 am

Afternoon everyone........its 12.30pm UK time

Am fighting off a headache this morning, so had a slow start, although I have sat and done some embroidery on my BOM........its still hot and muggy here although theres a drizzly rain outside too.......think my headache is due to the air pressure, it usually affects my head

maureen - hope you get through your list of 'to do' things

lois - glad the bedroom is almost done, have fun putting everything back

chrissy - have a lovely day yourself :)

I'd better get cracking, the uglies are done, I've had a light lunch and now I'm getting twitchy fingers so its time to start sewing, finished a table runner yesterday for a friends mum and might start a new bag today although I might just start hand quilting on my other BOM........think I'll just play around a bit, tidy up and sort out some new fabrics that have arrived and see where that takes me.......oh its so nice not having a deadline on anything :)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 am

Good Morning...

Maureen... did you get up at midnight or do you stay up that late... I used to be able to stay up late but now can barely make it to 9pm..lol.... hope you have a fun day

Chrissy, enjoy your day too...

Lois... I bet you will love your new bedroom...

still more training for me at work... ugh... hope everyone that follows has a great day...

oh, and there is a question in one of the other threads about basting spray... today I looked in all the other threads and there are new posters....

hugs
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am

Good Morning, well I am moving really slow this morning, I did get a large portion of the flower beds weeded and I moved 12 bags of mulch. yikes, I am sore, so I will move really slow today and concentrate on light indoor duty today. I never realize how old I am untill the day after my heavy work.

I will work on the appliques for the baby quilt today and since my sweet sis gave me 2 large zucchinis I might make some bread with it if I can find a good recipe. I want a really moist recipe if any one has one.....how bout it Chrissy?

Hope you all have a great day, BBL

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 am

Good Morning!!

MAUREEN - hi! Hope your to-do list doesn't keep you from enjoying some quality time being one with your sewing machine today!

LOIS - doesn't it feel good to be coming down the home stretch of a long project!

CHRISSY - hope your day goes smoothly.

JULES - hope your headache eases up. What fun to have choices and no deadlines!

CHRISS - How much longer will your training go on before they give you your wings?

JUDI - sounds like you really got a lot done! Maybe you could come over to my place and 'show me how it's done'. I've got an acre for you to work with!

Last night we watched "UP", the animated movie by Pixar. A cute movie that kids would enjoy, but I think actually written for adults. Yesterday afternoon, I decided to get a jump on the laundry. got it all hung out on the line but one load. Like a little surprise for myself. I'll just take it down this afternoon. So, much of my day will be working on my DGS's quilt. I'm HOPING the Bernina doctor will examine my patient today and give me a call, but I think the reality will more like Thursday or Friday. Still mulling over a vacuum situation. I want to see how much Bernie is going to cost before I make a decision on which vac to buy.

Wishing a great day for everyone!

Mary z

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:15 am

Good Morning from beautiful, sunny, blue sky, and low humidity SW Ohio!!!! Whooo Hooo! I will enjoy the day, even though it will be gone tomorrow..(sigh!)
The laundry is working..the bed is stripped..life is good!

Maureen, lucky you to have a day to yourself and hopefully not a LOT of uglies!

Lois, will you be able to post a picture of your new bedroom?? I'm so curious!!

Chrissy, in and out quick! Have a wonderful day!!

Jules, hope the headache goes away! I love it when I have some sewing projects that I can work on at leisure...no high pressure deadline. Enjoy your day!

Chriss, I saw the post about the basting spray...I believe it was "Leatherboy"...and you are right, a lot of new people posting! You have a easy day with the training...I always hated learning new stuff at work...we were under so much pressure to learn it FAST and it took any of the fun of learning something new away!

Grammie, girl when do you slow down??!! LOL!! If I do work like you did, it takes me two days to recover! I can do much more "in my mind" than in actuality. I just wish that we had got some rain over the weekend, because this morning I could weed...if the ground wasn't hard as a rock! My front flower bed is full of Iris, so the weeds are crammed between them...if the soil is hard and dry, you can't get them out. There are small trees growing! Lol!

I have about 6 recipes for Zucchini Bread, but I can never remember which one I use. If no one has a special one, I'll post one. I like it moist, but DONE. And that is sometimes hard to get.

Maryz, I think I saw that movie....animated with the characters in a hot air balloon...and the house attached?? Cute!

I'm slowly working on the appliques on Alli's old quilt...the stems are going on pretty quick..if I would just sit down to work on them! As soon as the stems are done, I can iron on the flowers and hand blanket stitch them. What do you want to bet that I won't have the right colors of thread for that??!! I have a zillion spools of thread for applique, but I NEVER have the "just right" color for the project.

You all have a wonderful day!!

Joanne

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:20 am

Hi y'all.

Maureen - those pesky little "have to's" - at least you have the day to yourself.

Lois - I have a bedroom that needs doing. Are you free after you finish yours?

Chrissy1 - wishing you a great day, too. No snags.

Jules - better take care of that finger twitch. No deadlines is a good thing.

Chriss - Basting spray - darn it. I forgot to get some when I was at JoAnn's last week. Good luck with your training at work today.

Grammie - I'm glad the rain stopped so you could get your mulch out. We washed the windows on the outside yesterday but I'm not sore from that. I hate manual labor - which is apparent when you see my lard a_s.

I'm at work today as usual. Didn't get any sewing done yesterday at all. I got too hot working outside in the 100* weather. We did go to the grocery store so that is done and the laundry is done. Maybe to night I'll sew some.

I hope you all get to fondle fabric today.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 am

Morning Cindyg! You deserve a metal for washing windows in 100 deg. heat!! We've been watching the Cincinnati Reds play the Astros this week...a covered stadium...and AC!! I would have thought that was a luxury before "talking" to you about the weather down there...that continues for MONTHS, not weeks. How many uniforms do the Astros have?? I counted at least three! lol!

Return to “Sew ins”