Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, July 18th

Daily discussions.
Pilot2b

Sunday, July 18th

Post by Pilot2b » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 pm

You mean I am the first to post! Well, truth be told, have not gone to bed yet. My apt. AC hasn't cooled my bedroom yet, and fans just going back and forth. At least Fiona cat has found a cool spot. Was 100 here today and warmer on top floor facing SW. Even with new bamboo-like screen, that the wasps seem to like has probably helped, but I wold not lnow. Need to have another screen added, as this is not wide enough. Apt. sells and installs. Convenieint for me. Want to go to Joann's today and pick up a few 40% off things with coupons I got in mail and at store Friday. Found a simple purse pattern there on Fri. for $1.99 and need interfacing.

Well have a good day and keep cool. Think my Rockies loest BIG TIME, last night to Reds. That pitcher for the REDS was outstanding, they deserved to win! Going to try and sleep. Too noisey on couch by wall AC. Going to try and get a small AC unit for master bathroom window, so I can sleep.

Hugs

Helen, and Fiona says meow

shelly322002

Re: Sunday, July 18th

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:37 pm

sweet dreams helen!!
i was up till the early hours also, but for some strange reason i woke early this morning!!
mmmm, thats' not usual for me, i can tell you!! lol
i think i was soooo excited about starting to 'quilt' my 'interactive' top i finished yesterday... that's what it is!! i sat up late and pinned it all after sandwiching it together.
i really sounds hot over there!! how do you cope!!! it would drive me mad all that heat!
i think that's one of the reasons i love the british isles so much, the changing seasons. it's mostly cool here with a little heat in summer, then cold, cold, cold... and wet lol.
i love nothing more than to wrap up warm with hats n' scarves and take my fur baby 'fudge' out for a lovely long walk over the hills, with the wind blowing over me!
strange, but true.
well, i've waffled on long enough, probably bored you back to sleep!
off to my quilting!! yipppeeeee...
have a great sunday everyone!
love jacquie xxxxxx

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Goodmorning Helen and everyone who follows

Well we didn't get to much done yesterday so today I have to go get a few toats and finish emptying out the dressers now that the closet got done.

We went to Lowes for a celling fan but they didn't have what I wanted so we wound up walking down to the furniture store next to Lowes and purchased a new bedroom set what a beauty I think after 34 years it was time.

so today I will try the homedeopt for a fan hopefully I will have luck.

no sewing for a few .

Lois BBL..

PS Helen hopefully you will find some releif.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 am

Good morning everyone. Right now the temp outside isn't to bad. I got the Quilts for Kids in the mail yesterday. Today I want to quilt a quilt for a friend's grandaughter. The little girl's mom had seen another one I had made and wanted one for her daughter. Really to be kept as a keepsake. I used to bamboo batting for the first time so I am wondering how that will work out. We'll see. Have a great day everyone.
Suzette
Suzette

Jules

Post by Jules » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:52 am

Morning ladies........11.45am UK time and a little overcast, but not cold

helen - have fun at joanns and hope things cool down for you

jacquie - thought your quilt top looked lovely with the sashing you used, have fun quilting it

lois - good luck with getting a ceiling fan today

suzette - i have a friend who's switched to bamboo batting and she loves it, says its like sewing through silk and the drape when its on the bed is better than cotton....

we've just got back from church, didn't hang around for coffee afterwards, feel very uncomfortable being with hundreds of people, so now we are going to have some pasta for lunch and then me and Chaz are going out to the studio to finish putting her quilt top together, then i need to look for some fun backing........we've used Clementine by Moda so very bright and flowery, need to find something for the back that goes nicely with it

Hopefully will be back later

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:05 am

Good Morning....

I'm up and ready to go food shopping before it get to hot & too busy with summer people.

I'll be back later. DD is not coming over today she is still uncomfortable with the gall bladder thing..she will see the Dr tomorrow.

Keep cool....Kathy

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:59 am

Good morning everyone. I was up at 3:30 with the Mikey then fell back to sleep until 4:30 got the stuff packed for them to take to the street rod show and went back to bed until 6 when Myles got here. He is not up to going to the show at all so we are gonna hang out in the a.c., not a big deal although I do love the show, it is gonna be another hot one here anyway.
I decided to hold off on the featherweight. So much input and so helpful I stopped myself from impulse buying. Good thing as the pt is over heating (aren't we all) and the ct scan is tuesday. So it goes.

I am hoping to work on a project our two. MAYBE. But I know this messy kitchen comes first.
Kathy what kind of recipe do you want to make for your sister. DON'T tell me you are gonna make a cake mix hehehehe
Grammiequilts if you stop in here I hope you are having a super time, travel safely.
Farmchick, I am a tad confused, but then again when aren't I. Do you still have the same mailing address. Inquiring minds NEED to know.

Well Myles has 7 pills to take this morning and not cooperating so I guess I best go see how I can get him to take them
Have a wonderful day everyone
travel safely
Oh Miss Mary might come home this week. She will be on pureed foods and lots of rest until they decide the next step.
Jimmy's shingles are not so bad, he is lucky (if you can call it lucky) that he didn't get them worse.
Thanks about it for now
prayers and positive thoughts
Chrissy1

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:00 am

Good Morning all... it will be a warm sunny 103 here today... I don't think much could lure me outside this afternoon.. thankfully it stays tolerable indoors.. we had talked about getting a real a/c but these high temps don't last forever so we talked ourselves out of it.

Jacquie... because you posted a picture of your beautiful quilt it made me drag my interactive blocks out again... I made mine in different sizes and so now I need to figure out what to put in between.... I want to make leaves today and hope to play with the interactive blocks at some point...

Lois.. how cool to have a new bedroom set... guess you need to make a new quilt to go with the new set???

Suzette, happy sewing.. hope the little girl loves her quilt....which pattern will you use?

Jules... Pasta sounds wonderful... have a fun day.

Kathy, prayers for your DD...happy food shopping... do you remember that movie "The Fog" where they lived on an island and the fog was coming in so they had to go to higher ground??? every time you say the summer people I think of the fog and it cracks me up....

Chrissy, it's probably best you didn't buy the machine... how often would you use it?.... I would love a new machine... mine has little fits once in a while but it will be ok... WHAT??? you have a messy kitchen... couldn't be from all that baking could it???...lol

Helen, have a fun Joannes trip... hope you stay cool... if you get too hot sit in a cool bath...

well, I think some leaves what to be cut up in the sewing room so I am off... you all have a super day...... check out the projects section if you get a chance...

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:46 am

Mornin' y'all.

Helen - I can't sleep in the heat either. Have fun today with your 40% coupons for JoAnn's.

Jacquie - I saw your quilt in photos. It just beautiful and the sashing you chose is perfect.

Lois - LOL - my DH would say that your shopping trip yesterday is like our shopping trips turn out. You went for a ceiling fan and wound up with a bedroom suite. Maybe today you will have better ceiling fan luck @ Home Depot.

Suzette - I wonder about the bamboo batting, too, like how it does if it is washed and dried in the dryer.

Jules - enjoy your time with Chaz. Sewing together - that is so cool.

Kathy - I feel for you today. I detest going to the grocery store. Some women love it.

Chrissy1 - you have so much goin on with ill people. When my little Gavin needed to take pills I told him to put the pill on his tongue and then drink water as if he was really really thirsty. "GG, it WORKED!" he said. LOL Good luck with Myles.

Chriss - how do you stand being without A/C in that heat???? WHEW! Enjoy your sewing time.

I'm parked at the kitchen table again today working on stockings. DH is doing he prep today for a colonoscopy in the morning. He can't eat anything so I will be going out to Sonic later to eat by myself. I guess I'll take a book along. So I'm off to eat my brunch of shredded wheat and skim milk and then maybe do a load of laundry.....or not.

I hope you all get to fondle fabric today.

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:59 am

Sorry,I haven't been checking in here much lately. First, I went to visit DGSs for "June 18--TOY STORY 3, Meme". Before I could get everything put away from DH being here alone, the boys and their mother came to visit because my nephew she has not seen in 15 yrs. was coming with his family. He didn't stay here, but visited for an afternoon with three sweet little girls. Then, my cousin that I grew up with spent the night with me on her way to visit old army buddies. So, I've felt pretty busy.

Last night, I started a Tossed 9Patch that I'm going to teach in a Continuing Ed. class in August. I really prefer to have made the quilt before, but last time just had several blocks finished to show them. I finished my Dessert Time AFTER the class last time, then used left over 10" squares to cut up to make this 9 Patch. I may do the same and finish this one later, but I'll do a few blocks beforehand. We had the class members cut extras also, so we'll only have to worry about new people who sign up. We are an hour away from any fabric, except what Sharon and I have, so we try to help them be prepared in advance. I hope to get to work on it some more today. Nothing planned except staying cool.

Return to “Sew ins”