Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 6,2010

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday July 6,2010

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Goodmorning Everyone

Just Breezing through sipping on my coffee and trying to get ready for work something I haven't had to worry about for the last four days.

Today I have MT Washmore to do and I will be mixing up cookies for cookie pops that I will be makeing for my nephews graduation party on Saturday.

Sewing will be later.

Everyone Have A Great Day.

Lois BBL.

suzette58

Re: Tuesday July 6,2010

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 am

Good morning Lois & those that follow. We are under a code red air quality alert today. So, I'll get out to my studio as soon as my son leaves for work and work this morning. I have to sew on borders on 2 sides of the quilt for kids quilt. I hope to get my sick machine back tomorrow. I am dreading if the phone rings today that it will be the repairman telling me it will cost more. Cross your fingers for me. Have a great day.

Suzette
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 am

Morning...

Lois I'm with you no thoughts or worries of work for 4 days...at least they have AC.

Got very little sleep...so tired.

Later ..have a 'cool' day....Kathy

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 am

Good morning everyone.
Kathy I agree, with ac at the office it will make the day tollerable. We have it here, but, well don't we all need a paycheck.
Grammiequilts, you are going to have such fun while hubby is on his fishing trip. I expect to see the trim done on the d & n quilt and also a baby quilt made!!!

Miss Mary is being put on the nutrition bag that Myles had . She isn't allowed to eat anything, or drink so when I took over a little prezzie for Mr. Bill to take her we took out the chocolates and the mints and Mr. Bill will eat them.

Cousin Jimmy might come home today, but MIGHT is a pretty big word right now.
Myles is a tough little bugger. Hasn't lost any weight that is concernable, but really cranky and uncomfortable.

Does anyone wear clip on earrings? I have several pair not even removed from the cardboard they come on that were in a box of things that were Grams. I would love to share them if anyone is interested. Also a few "retro" pins and a ton of fake pearls. Oh, silly me, faux pearls. I have a lovely three strand of pearls never worn (faux). If anyone is interested let me know.
I have a purple red hatters shirt with darling red hats on it in a size xlarge. Worn but in perfect condition. Also have a ton of those small plates people hang on the wall from different places. If anything sounds interesting PLEASE give drop me a line.
Prayers and positive thoughts
Travel safely and watch yourself in this weather
Chrissy1

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:21 am

Good Morning....I also enjoyed having a 4 day weekend and appreciate the short week this week.. It should only be 95 here today.. but it's a dry heat... and like you all I am thankful for A/C....

I had a fantastic day with my son and his girlfriend yesterday... we went to a couple of fabric stores...at the first stop my son slept in the truck but he did go into JoAnns and found a John Deere panel he wants me to make into a quilt... the panel is zig zag'd onto fleece so I will take it off and add borders to make a real quilt... we sang BeeGee songs, the theme from Grease songs and others all the way home, we make quite the trio and are bookable for weddings and other events.... Just PM me if you need a price list...lol...

today it's back to work.. and next monday we are supposed to get a new phone system at work which should be interesting...

Suzette, hope you get that machine back and that it needs no more tlc.... is a code red day for humidity or allergies???

Kathy, glad you had those windows opened last night, does that mean the summer people have tamed down.

Chrissy, prayers to yuo and yours.... have a cool day.

Lois... cookie pops sound cute...have a fun day

off to make breakfast and lunch.. time to get back into the diet/exercise routine....

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 am

Chriss I was just thinking I needed a trio singing group for a party. lol
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:40 am

Good Morning!

LOIS - you sound very ambitious - laundry AND cookies - after a full day of work!

SUZETTE - Have you talked to the repairman yet about what is wrong with your machine? If the cost were going to be more than they originally quoted you, wouldn't they call before going ahead with repairs?

KATHY - Hope you get some rest soon! A power nap at work! Just crawl into one of those cribs for a quick snooze!

CHRISS - sounds like you had quite a day with the kids! I'm not sure if we should lock you up and let you get out more! lol!

CHRISSY - Hope Jimmy gets to come home from the hospital. Any word on Mary's pathology reports?

LORI - that's one party I definitely want to be invited to!

I am very groggy this morning. Two dinner parties in a row are easier than spacing them out, but they are tiring. But there's no sleeping in around here - not on Kitty Riley's watch. Someone has to get up to feed her and it sure isn't going to be her dad!!

Our weather is going from unseasonably cool and wet (all spring!) to upper 80's in just two days this week. It's supposed to remain there for about a week. It will be a treat for all of us still wearing our winter coats!

Today I plan to finish my attic window top and figure out what to do for the backing. Other than that, maybe pull some weeds - maybe not. I'm going to be LAZY!

Hope you all, and everyone who comes later, has a terrific day!

mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:51 am

Good Morning, I am ironing today, and a little laundry. I will probably have to boys later while DD goes to her class. I really need to get to the grocery store but I have to wait for DBIL to deliver some straw for the garden, It will mulch in between the boxes and help with the weeds. Garden is going nuts with the heat plant wise but veggies seem to be down yet. need to get out and water there too.

I hope all of you have a great day. it is already 80 and will be in the 90s again. it will be a indoor day. We usually don't have this much heat,,,,don't like it much,,,more comfortable in the 70 and low 80s.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:55 am

Cool this morn, on way to dental appt. then few groceries on way back, if my paycheque arrives then some thrift store donation, and another paperback hopefully enough for yarn to make dishcloths and slippers.

If time permits another jog suit sweatshirt to sew this afternoon.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:14 am

Today will be more laundry...it never ends! It is going to 93 today...with a heat index of 100...HUMID. Tomorrow will be worse and no relief until Friday..then rain and comfortable!! Whooo Hooo....I can't wait!

Last night was the Bachlorette...love that show! Jake and Vienna were on...her mouth never quits and they are obviously NOT suited! lol! But we all knew that, didn't we??!!

My poor lettice that I grew in the long planters have died...I missed watering them for a day and POOF! It's really hard to keep lettice going when it gets really hot...

That straw will really help keep the weeds down in your garden, Judi..we used Earls wood shavings one year and it worked great. Does Ken store his shavings??

Well, off to the sewing room to turn on the AC...maybe I will get up there today..I sure don't want to go outside! lol!

Joanne

Return to “Sew ins”