Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Daily discussions.
vivian1970

Re: Sunday, June 13, 2010

Post by vivian1970 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:37 am

AFternoon, I was always under the impression that Sunday was suppose to be a day of rest. Someone forgot to tell all of us that don't you think? lol

I got the beans planted and my tomatoes are not doing good. Will go back this week and maybe see if I can revive them. It was almost too wet to plant the beans but had to. Brought the cucumbers home with me to plant. They are on the side of the house. Hope that bed is big enough for them.

I am going to post a pic of DH resting in the backyard. He helped with the garden today.

Well gotta head back to my DS's for the night. Internet and phone are being installed tomorrow there. Someone has to be there to let them in, thats my job.

Try to relax the rest of the day and have a good one.

Viv

I posted DH's pic in the photo section.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Cookie, enjoy your green yard...

Miriam.. your description of the frogs and birds makes me want to be there.. I didn't have any floral fabric and would have had to go 30 miles to JoAnns... a real fabric store is an hour away.. so I just boringly added another border... it is sandwiched and basted and the binding is made.. I need to get some thread and quilt it then I can send it off.hopefully by the end of next weekend.

DotothyM.. I saw your blocks in the sew along section.. they are great... I got half of my undone blocks cut out had an aunt come by to see if grandma and I wanted to go to lunch.. I would have rather been left to sew but such is life...your autograph quilt is great too...

Maryellen.. sorry you are making a plain brown purse... my aunt makes purses too...you know.... if DH does get stuck in the mud you could put a garden hose in his hand and call him a fountain..... hope he didn't get stuck...lol

Kathy, I love that you call them "the summer people" sounds like " the zombies" or "the ghosts" or something... glad they are only there in the summer....

Jana... we had a couple of fires around here yesterday... I heard one was an arsonist the other was caused by some idiot tossing a cigarette out... ugh... did you see the link I posted the other day to the Santa Clara quilt show? it's a cool one...

Lucie, I haven't been to a buffet in a long time... hope you enjoyed yours..

Carol, hope you have fun at the shop hop.. the one around here is spread out too far to go to all the shops...there is one in the San Luis Obispo area that is way too much fun.. my sis and I have done it in a weekend.. it's in June and is only 15 or 20 shops.. oops, it's June now... maybe it's over with...glad the graduation went well... any cookies left?

O'Dorothy, I am so glad you had a neighbor with a gun.... my gosh that could have really been a deadly step for you to take... when we kill snakes we always bury the head.. it has the poision in it and we want it no where near the grands... Where was Ted when you needed him? when I was a kid my grandma always told us to look for snakes as the weather warmed up... I still look down when I walk....

Jacquie.. sounds like a great peaceful day...

Viv.. I am off to see your picture... have fun at your son's tonight...as for Sunday being the day of rest my Son thinks it is spelled Sonday.. where the son is in charge and gets everything his way... if he wasnt' bigger than me and still lived at home I would beat him...lol

hope you all have a super rest of the day... I may be done sewing but would like to clean the machine and maybe treat it to a new needle... it has been working really well lately...
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi all

Just checking in the day went great went to Kohls didn't find anything for myself but bought the future bride 2 nities realy got a good buy on them they were 50% off then I got another 30% on top of that .

Then I went to Joanns and got some interfaceing and another batting for my sons throw .

And before I did all of this I sewed a remote for a Lady at work for her husbands recliner on which she will pay for tommrow.

All in all I had a productive day.

I Hope everyone is still haveing a wonderfull day.

Lois

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Way to many to respond to individually but.....Irish - O M G a rattlesnake all the way up there in PA????? That's terrifying. I would be petrified to even stop out of the house until the dead of winter set in and the snakes were put up for the winter. Are you cats OK?

Farmchick - our A/C is holding out for the moment. The freon he put in yesterday has allowed the house to cool down. I'm just praying that it doesn't all leak out before tomorrow morning. I purposefully have not watched the news because I don't want to hear that it's 95* with 90% humidity - LOL.

We had a wonderful day. We went to a different church where our friend is the music minister. They celebrated his 40 yrs. in church work/music. He use to be at our church and we just love him. We sang with thier choir today in 2 services and then had a luncheon/reception for him and a roast. We had a great time. I ignored my diet today and pigged out. You know how good church ladies cook - lots of choices and they were all good. Came home and took a nap and got up and began the laundry. It's cool enough in here to do it. I think I'm going to sit on my hiney and hand-stitch binding tonight.

If you haven't already, I hope you get to fondle fabric today.

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Stopping back to see what everyone has been up to.

O'Dorothy how scary, I'm not a snake person either, in fact I'm scared to death of them. Being in Fl. I always walk with me head down. Make Todd keep the grass short. I think when I moved down here, it was maybe the first or second week. We were sitting out front and I looked up the road, there was this big and I mean big black snake going across the road. I couldn't move. Finally got the word out so that Todd knew what was going on. It almost stretched across the road. It's what they call a rat snake down here. I guess they are good snakes (if there ever was a good snake) to have around. I'm glad Dorothy you and the cats are alright. God love the neighbors.

Well, I did get some sewing in today. My machine is very happy tonight.

Everyone have a great evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs DorothyM

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Spent the entire day in bed, but I know this will get better with the Vit. D and B I am taking. Listen to public radio and the Colorado Rockies game. They beat--someone--HA. Fiona cat stayed with me, as per usual. Still raining, more tomorrow, but better Tues. Apt. complex turns off heat end of May and is chilly in here. They pay for heat. For the $860.oo I pay for rent, we have carpet cleaned one/year, draperies erey 2 yrs, light bulbs changed, AARP membership paid for. I doin't have one, tho. And the place is spotless.

Hope you had a nice Sunday.

HUGS - Helen

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Good evening! I picked enough blackberries for a cobbler, then I helped DH on the deck covering. It's not finished yet. Perhaps tomorrow. I took the 4-wheeler around to the other side of the pond and picked in what used to be pasture. The berries were huge black orbs--they looked like sparkly clusters of deep purple gems. Much better than in the thicket, which I've decided is overcrowded. The fish were jumping at insects, and I'd hear a "slap" and see the ripples in the water. It was hot as Hades, but just so beautiful out there! If I could sing, I wanted to burst into "Summertime and the livin is easy, fish are jumpin'...". I decided I needed to have a drink from my thermos that I was getting crazy from the sun! LOL I could see DH across the pond working on the deck roof, so when my bucket got full enough, I went back and helped him. We saw a big storm build up and heard tornado warnings for a couple of counties away. Then, as soon as it built up, it dissapated and was clear. It's interesting to watch the clouds billow and build up as the storm rolled by. We got no precipitation or even any cooling from it. Just the cloud visual.

Came home and fixed a late lunch/dinner of tacos. Need to go pick up tools and put them away when I go lock up the chickens and gather the eggs.

Chriss and everyone... Wish you all were here to pick your fill of blackberries! Dorothy and O'Dorothy I haven't seen any snakes but we do have them. Mostly black snakes that eat mice and rodents. They can stay in the garden, just NOT in my chicken house!!! They also eat eggs and baby chicks. They startle me, but don't scare me. In fact, I'm usually pretty curious about them and check them out closely before they slither off. I'll protect you!

Cindy, hope your AC gets put in soon. YIKES on the price!!! Our serviceman will be here tomorrow a.m. I'll bet the AC is original to the mobile home--13 years, so we may have to go a new unit, too.

Chrissy--hope you had a super day! I'm vaguely familiar with the Rowe pottery--almost a salt glaze? Gray and cobalt blue usually?

Hope you all have had just the best day! TTFN...

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Anyone ever make mini fruit pies is small canning jars?I just read on our cousins facebook that her daughter made mini peach pies that you pop in the freezer and then bake them at a later date. I wrote to our cousin for the exact directions. I started researching it and it looks so interesting. Can't wait to get all the directions. I guess you use the short squatty cannning jars that are a bit rounder than tall. I will keep you all posted. How fun would that be. We can even bake different minis for whomever. Okay, so I didn't bake this weekend but did do strawberry shortcake (no rhubarb pie) and also found this information on pies. Do I keep my queen of the QIAD bakery!!! sweet dreams everyone

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:59 pm

My Sunday ends nicely, where same yard sale relative who found 3 garb bags fabric, has now found me free a white singer machine, yet only part missing is the plug..Which I can transfer over to other machine..Only one machine works at a time yeah?

I must say last few days has been very troublesome, with neighbor on other side of wall, police had to be called to handle him..Resorted to help of good long lasting friend who tried her best to guide me through...Couldn't rely on family sibling, for he was more destructive than anything else with his ridiculous lies..Those poor people who think women believe everything they say...God will handle them his own way..Maybe his credit card will bounce back, or heart will fail, and be obliged to count on the trusty one..Sister..We all know people like, that..

How painful 2 days I endured, worrying..Hopefully, it is over now, and I can concentrate on sewing and fabric, while watching the Movie Channel.

Looking forward to that sewing machine..

1quiltinnana

Post by 1quiltinnana » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Hello all...enjoying our tour of Alaska....will be heading to Denali Natl. Park tomorrow....we've seen some beautiful scenery and wildlife...the shopping is good but more expensive here than at home. Bought some Fat Quarters with Wildlife prints and a Kit for an Alaskan quilt....of course, we have souvinirs for back home. Cindyg, hope you get the AC fixed tomorrow! I know how hot it is there. Enjoy your day whatever you do and I hope it is quilting!! Bye all.

Return to “Sew ins”