Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Thursday, June 3, 2010

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36 am

Good morning, all! Hey! No rain! We have blue sky!! Amazing! And I'll say right now good morning to Cindyg because I'm probably typing over her. Or wait! Maybe SHE'S typing over me!

TERESA - I would think with all that whirling dervish activity, there'd be no dusting to do! You are an energetic lady!

LOIS - isn't it fun to get started on a new project that you've been planning! Enjoy!

SUZETTE - hope you get that painting done. Will you carpet the floor? tile? paint? Enjoy the wedding. I KNOW your DB and SIL will be stunned with your beautiful, loving gift!

KATHY - Chrissy is right about your headache. Sometimes problems can arrise a while after the injury. A doctor visit here wouldn't be amiss. And I thought you said Georgia wasn't a crier. You didn't introduce her to Owen, did you?

CHRISSY - I dreamed about you last night. You were about 5'5" tall, perfect weight, long dark hair accented with a few beautiful silvers pulled back at the top and flowing down your back, and you were bustling around busy with something, but it wasn't baking. I was disappointed there was no cake in my dream. I kind of feel like you owe me a dessert now!

CHRISS - glad you don't have to go to that memorial, but sorry you dont' get new clothes. How's the baby quilt? I saw one last night in a magazine in the colors you are using - yellow & raspberry. It was cute with yellow rubber duckies applique'd in the raspberry squares and the outlines of the duckies quilted into the yellow squares. Squares were charm-size.

JUDI, you, too, are always so busy. I haven't touched my yard in forever. But either it's raining or I can't tear myself away from sewing. are you for hire???

Yesterday I got 3-1/2 rows (out of 10) sewn together on my current project. With the sashing. So today I plan to continue and hope to get the top finished. Hopefully, it will go onto the quilting frame by the weekend. The LQS in Tacoma is having it's semi-annual 40% off anything on a bolt sale Saturday. And I happen to have a $50 gift certificate burning a hole in my purse! I can't wait! I usually stock up on fabric in June & November.

Hope your day is sunny!
mary

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:47 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Teresa – Congratulations on getting the quilt finished. It must be hard to do a quilt the way someone else wants it done instead of the way you would do it. Please take good care of your eye! You need to slow down a little so you do not fall again. How are you feeling this morning?

Lois – You have such a great plan for the aprons! Enjoy making them! It sounds like a quick project that will be fun to make with your NFL fabric.

Suzette - I sent you a pm. I would be happy to have an Autograph Block from you. Take care painting today and enjoy your DB wedding!! It will be rewarding to see the couple open the quilt!

Kathy – So sorry you have a headache! Sorry the babies are crying! Is your helper back from her leave yet?

Chrissy – Prayers for your cousin Jimmy and for Myles.

Chriss – We are supposed to get warmer weather over the weekend. It has been sweater weather so far. I plan on roasting a chicken today so hope it will not get too warm today.

Judi – Yes, I have too many quilt tops that need to be quilted! I need to send the large ones out to be quilted! Should we count the tops we have and compare? I would dread it!

Sue – Congratulations to your DGS! Glad school is out for you and you get your time back for yourself. Glad you got some rain!

Cindy – Glad to hear you got the rain you were hoping for the other day! Hope you get to the sewing tonight!

Mary – You are a whirlwind! You just got home from vacation and you are already sewing a quilt together? Wow! You are speedy!

If I do not get a call to work today I will enjoy a day to myself, sewing, exercising and maybe a little gardening.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Carol

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:08 am

Good morning! I've missed everyone, have read all the posts, so am keeping up with all you've been doing. BUSY!!! I read what everyone has going on, and I only think I've been busy. Guess I can only blame age, fatness, and the heat (over 90 every day now with humidity to match).
Monday was working cattle in the morning, then making a big cherry cobbler and chocolate chip cookies for a big cookout that evening. I made a big decorated cookie for a DGD turning 17. There were loads of family and friends at the cookout. A good time was had by all.
Tuesday, DH and I put a steel roof on part of one of our rentals. DH was up on the roof and I was the "ground crew"--I handed up the 14'x3' pieces of steel to him and went up and down the ladder with tools and drinks. It was sooooooooooo HOT!!! We were both wiped out. You've heard of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"... think chubby hubby on a hot steel roof--I thought he was going to melt away. When we finished that, we went to visit MIL, then we went to another rental and put siding back on that had blown off in a windstorm. Too pooped to do much except fix dinner when we got home!
Yesterday I went to Joplin for my dental apt. I stopped by Pittsburg and took DGS with me. We had a blast hanging out together. Did a little shopping at JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby but didn't get anything. I used my 40% off coupon at JoAnn's for a teflon pressing sheet that I need.
This a.m. I went to let out the chickens and picked two gallons of cherries. Now I have laundry going. Will work up the cherries for pies and freeze them. Need to clean the floors as I haven't gotten them swept for several days--they look like it! Also need to comb my hair and find a face to put on; the one now is pretty scarry. LOL
DH has been working at the mobile home and seeing what needs to be fixed before we can move in over there.

White Dog a/k/a Buddy is now officially ours. When I came home last eve, the ex-wife of the owner had stopped by. She said her ex- had abandoned him (a friend was supposed to get him and never did). She had moved to town and couldn't take care of him, and the ex- had moved out of state. Now, if I can just keep him out of mischief and not shot until we can get moved to the farm... Another dog was shot on Sunday and died in our yard. It belonged to an older couple and was a really sweet doggie. Apparently, but we don't know for sure, one of the guys in town gets real p.o.ed if a dog does its business in his yard and it's grounds to get out his gun. I can't wait to get to the country!!! We've been trying to get Buddy to ride in the trucks voluntarily, but it's not working too well. He likes the farm once he gets out there. Lots of exploring to do! He has met our DSs' dogs and gets along with them. One is a Lab and loves the water. Buddy will go get a little wet, but he's definitely NOT part Lab! LOL!

I have a table runner pattern to test for a designer and am on a time schedule for it, so I won't be on too much for a few days. This is my first time to do this, and I'm excited about it. Can't give any details yet until she publishes.

Sorry I can't answer everyone right now. Will try to make it back on a break later. Lots to do today...

Vicky--I love the dress pattern!

Chrissy--prayers for Myles and Jimmy!!!

Kathy & Teresa-- hope your heads are better!!! Kathy--hope the babies are good today. Teresa--congrats on finishing the quilt!!! Did you take a photo?

Hello to ALL... Hope everyone has a great day! I'll try to BBL...

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:20 am

Good morning from slightly cooler, overcast, SW. Pa...We had a couple of bad storms in our area last night with some people getting flooded...Of course, 2 miles away, my sister had no rain at all, weird!

DH went early this morning and had his stitches removed but needs to keep it bandaged for another couple of days...It's on the side of his neck and keeping it covered has been a challenge...The doctor is DH's cousin and while he was taking care of DH he had another cousin in the next room...It's always like a family reunion in his office...When I call to make an appointment and give our last name, which is the same as the doctor's, they laugh and say, here we go again.....

This afternoon, DH is helping with the elderly bingo and I think I might do some food shopping plus stopping at a "junk" shop...There is nothing I need but I've never left the shop without buying something...I pulled a dumb one yesterday....I had gone to the foot doctor, gave me a stronger shot, (OUCH, big time), then I went to Busy Beaver for mulch and a couple of other things...I checked out and in looking at the recipe, thought they had charged me too much for the mulch...She explained where it was taken off and told me to pull around the back to pick it up...Well, guess where I left my bag with the stuff I had bought, right on the counter....I called when I got home, we had a good laugh and I told her DH would pick it up today...Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Chriss, glad to hear you don't have to go to the memorial, but love to hear the "joys" of your shopping...And you're right about the little girls clothes...It's disgusting to see the outfits...A friend and I had been to the mall and we both said, in looking around all you see are ads, posters etc., advertising sex, to put it bluntly....Look at the expressions on the faces of the poster....Ok, off my soap box.....

I also better get off this machine and get something done....

You all have a good day.....

Hi Farmchick, sorry I posted over you.....Hope you have a good day....

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:17 am

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood!! The sun is shining and it is getting warm!! WHOO HOO!!

My family left already this morning - so it is now to pick up around here and see what they left - I will then put it in a box for us to take back when we go in July.

Farmchick - glad to read about Buddy - I was worried that someone would try to come back and claim him - he is such a good puppy!!

I agree with all discussions on the dressing of our little ones - it is a shame that they just can't grow up and be little girls without having clothes that make them look like hookers - OK - enough of my soapbox too!!

I have so many UFO's around here - some of them are getting to the age of being antiques!! (and I made them) DH is still waiting patiently for his quilt to get done - every time I go to put it on the LA - something needs to be done first - humm - seems I remember some Murphy's Law that goes along those lines!! LOL

Well I am headed off to the kitchen - to find all the missing or should I say misplaced kitchen tools - my sweet DIL puts things away for me and not quite where it goes - so it is a hunt to find them!

Have a great day
Jana

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:35 am

Maryz - WOO HOO a F.A.R.T. with a great discount. Ain't life grand?

Q7 - you are having my kinda day - do what you want when you want.

Chick - my gosh, you have been busy. Have you tried luring Buddy into the truck with a treat? That man that shoots the dogs for doing their doodie in his yare - he should be strung up by his little _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ toes. What'd you think I was going to say? LOL How long until you move?

Irish - do y'all get the family discount at your cousin, the doctor's? How about a finder's fee if you send him new patients? That would help buy fabric.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:19 am

Glad I got on the site, it took very long to boot...Time to vacuum, read my mail, make coffee pot, while it was burping to the page.

All you ladies are doing so chirper this morn. Great day for everyone. Kitten was little lost this morn, leaving door, "do I go left or right? Let's see, can't make me mind"

Farmchick luv your sense of humour, things you share on farm, just takes me back home, to my many wonderful stories afraid of telling, for fear some may not relate to unique lifestyle.

Our guild, has 2 young farm women, they drive the machinery..Hilarious characters, always pleasure to talk with them..

Outdoor work done for ths wk, rain for wknd. Well, that is since Tuesday I feel it is a Friday. We're Thursday Yeah 4fridays in a week.

What I to do bt next week?

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am

Well I got the weeding done...I did the ironing,,,,and I did the uglies around the house.

Mary If we lived closer, I'd come help you just for the fun of it. I am headed out to watch the DGS for a couple of hours. DD has to eave at 4 for her class and Sil will be home around 6. He will feed the boys when he gets home. So I just have to keep them busy. I will be back in time to sew on my comforter..a few more blocks and I need to piece the backing.

BBL

TeresaK

Post by TeresaK » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:44 am

WOW -
It took me a while to read how you all are enjoying the day and it seems that it is a great day for everyone.

I am moving a little slow this morning. Nice size bruise right below the inside of the left knee, one on my left butt when I came down on the Elyptical machine and my right side is real sore from finally bouncing off everything but nothing broken. Was a real clumsy move and will teach me to not try to cut fabric while standing between the elyptical machine and the end of the table with all the scraps on the floor. My feet got tangled. LOL

My project list is full but from the looks of the pictures you all are completing more than I am. There are times I feel really slow and some days tired when the Fibro kicks in but I am in awe of what you all have created and finished. They are just simply beautiful. I would love to work with a designer doing up there creations.
I am still trying to find the wedding dress and if anyone wants or needs an AB block let me know.

I'm sorry but my eye is getting really irritated from reading and typing so I need to end this, go put my drops in it and let it calm back down. I wish you all a great rest of the day. I will try to BBL or definitely tomorrow.
Blessings
Teresa

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 am

Teresa - Vicky posted a link to the picture of the wedding dress on Tuesday's Sew-In. Look there.

It's been an extremely busy day and, boy, I am so ready to go home. Gotta go to the store and pharmacy first - grrrrrrr. Might BBL.

Return to “Sew ins”