Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Satisfying Saturday, May 22, 2010

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Satisfying Saturday, May 22, 2010

Post by TeresaK » Fri May 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Good Morning all -

It is a beautiful crisp Starry Night outside. I met the acquaintance of the fire department a little while ago. I smelled strong smoke near my house and they came to check it out. Wow where they a handsome lot. Oh if I were a little younger. It's a good thing it was dark, They couldn't see how old I look. LOL

I got all the lattice on the Winning Hands and now I just have all 3 borders to do. I mitered so I will strip them all before I attach. Then I am DONE!!!!! YEH!!!!

I love Debbie Macomber. I am eager to start "Hannah's List" but want to finish the quilt

Grammie - My prayers will be with you at the funeral for comfort and peace.

Jules have a awesome day with your sales and meeting some terrific people.

Grey's Anatomy - Wow was that intense! Whew

Well I am off to bed - You all have a great morning enjoying life however you are spending it and I will BBL

Teresa

P.S. BANANA NUT BREAD is with the Recipe page. ENJOY!!!

suzette58

Re: Satisfying Saturday, May 22, 2010

Post by suzette58 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Good morning. Hope you got some sleep Teresa. I have one side left on my brother's quilt. I am so glad it will be finished in time for his wedding. So I will be working on that today as well as cleaning and doing the wash. Also, I may go to the new Joann's to see if they have the fabric you make leotards from. Our great neice tried out and made a competition gymnastics team. So I offered to make her practice leotards. Have a great day everyone.

Suzette
Suzette

macdor

Post by macdor » Sat May 22, 2010 12:54 am

Morning all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa...Hope you got some good sleep. And, the rest of the boarder goes on speedy.

Suzette...Happy to hear that you were able to finish the quilt before the wedding.

I have been quiet this week. A lot going on here. My neighbor doesn't look good for her. Have a feel from the way her DH talks that they will be taking her off the vendorlator this coming week. Prayers for her and her family. She has two girls, one 18 and the other 16.

Still having trouble with my car. Not going to go into all that has been done. I'm at the point I want to have it fixed. Have not touched the sewing machine since last Sat. So I think that is what I will do today. I have all my autograph blocks so can finish the last row. Think I will get my stash out and see what I might have for the boarder. I need to make one block for the sew along.

Grammie - A very special prayer goes out to you and your family.

I have read most of the posts. My prayers go the ones that need special prayers and to everyone to have a very special day. May it be filled with everything that is special to you.

Hugs Dorothym

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Sat May 22, 2010 1:35 am

I'm up drinking my coffee. Will jump in the shower and then it's off to meet Cindyg and we plan to shop the day away! Have a great Saturday!

Judi- Thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer.

Sue

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 am

Good Morning, I am truly blessed to have all your prayers, My little sis is holding up well. I just wanted to share a little item about my DBIL. Chrissy here walked for the cure last week. Here in Detroit area we are having our "Race for the Cure". It is at Comerica Park where the Detroit Tigers play. My DBIL Brian had registered to walk today....My sis jumped up and down and said he shouldn't be around all those women, he would be mobbed. So she also signed up, Today we will bury him instead. God Bless you all. I will BBL

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sat May 22, 2010 3:04 am

My dea r sweet friend, Judi, it is such a betwixed and between day for you. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take a tiny little ribbon, put your brother in law's name on it, tuck it in your pocket, and where ever today takes you, you will be walking with honor for him. Myles wore a ribbon with Derek's name on it.

Teresa I will go in and get that recipe. Thank you so much for sharing it. It sounds wonderful.

Today is our high school's junior prom. Mo is going with a great gal that has been his friend for years. If I may ask for a tiny little prayer that they all have a wonderful time, keep their heads about them, act responsibliy, those that are driving, drive safely and that others driving tonight keep an extra eye for safety.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
I am off to spray those nasty little green afids with some soap soloution grammie told me about.

Prayers and positive thoughts going out to all of those in troubled times

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 22, 2010 3:45 am

Good Morning...

Suzette, bet you are thrilled to be on the home stretch with the brother quilt... how cool..

Dorothy, sorry to hear about your neighbor and your car... maybe you need a new mechanic? hope it all gets better and that you enjoy your sew day.... can't wait to see your auto quilt.

Sue... please take a camera and get a picture of you and Cindyg.... hope you gals have a blast....

Judi... prayers are with you and your family today... I can't be there for you so I am here for you.

Chrissy... I am pictuing you with a spray bottle in a terminator suit... you go get those aphids and show no mercy girl... in the famous words of Buggs Bunny... " this means war"....lol...

it is really chilly out there this morning.. there is even frost on the roof of the house... it is supposed to reach 60 today but Ihave my doubts......last night DH talked about going to garage sales but hasn't mentioned it today... I don't know if I want to do garage sales or sew... garage sales would include breakfast out... so it's really a hard decision...

We watched Avitar on PPV last night... it was a neat story but I was a little dissappointed... with all the hype I thought it would be better...

hope you all have a super day.....

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:10 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Teresa - "Grey's Anatomy" was way too intense! I had to leave the room several times. Finally, I sat next to the cat and scratched her ears while I watched. She was in heaven! I really don't think they need to kill off the characters at the end of a season!

Susette - Congratulations on finishing your DB quilt! You have been really intense on finishing!

Dorothy - Sorry you are still having car troubles! It is not fun! Sewing today sounds like a nice antidote however!

Sue - Give Cindy a big hug for me and have her give one to you too! Have a wonderful time!

Judi - Lifting you in prayer today!

Chrissy - Hope you conquer those aphids!

Chriss - Will it be sewing or garage sales? Enjoy and have a great day.

I think I need to do something with all those lemons! I gave some away yesterday, but really need to get them off the kitchen counter.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Carol

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat May 22, 2010 4:50 am

Morning,

I just read that a 13yr old boy climbed to the top of Mt. Everest!!! I have always been fascinated by that mountain. What a girl!!

Well it's cool & a little cloudy out maybe about 70' today. I'm doing some uglies. Then we'll see what happens.

Teresa...did you find out what was the cause of the smoke?
Mitering & stripping is the best way to do boarders, I think.

Suzette......we'll all have our own little parties for you when the quilt is finished. How wonderful it is to be ready for the wedding!

Dorothy...I'm sorry to hear your neighbor is not doing well. Her children are so young...will send prayers.
So happy to hear about your AB. I'm going to press & square mine today.
Oh....that car!! Maybe you do need some one new to look at it.

Sue...I just know you & Cindy will have a great day, shop, shop, shop!

Judi....my prayers will be with you, your sister and your family on this very difficult day.

Chrissy...Jr. prom & aphids you are having a interesting day. Sending some prom prayers.
SO you're going to wash the aphids away. I wish I knew that when I had roses.

Chriss...Did you go to any garage sales? There is one across the street in the circular driveway at the school. I'm not going I have enought stuff.
I want to see Avatar.. it seem you either like it or you don't. Sunday from 7 to 11:30 I'm going to watch the crazy ending to LOST. I have too many favorite shows.

Off to ugly...Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 22, 2010 6:23 am

Good morning everyone -

It will be just a quiet Saturday around these parts - it is still cold in the mornings - in fact the heater is running as I type!

My DS2 and his family will be here the end of the week for a few wild and wooly days!! He has a lot planned for the time they are here - me - I would rather just watch my little grands play!

I got the June wall hanging done and bound - today will be July's and then the Birthday one. Birthdays are coming up shortly and go for the next several months - so that one is a need to get done.

I am also making some caramel popcorn to share with my Sunday School class tomorrow - I bribe them with treats every once in a while!! This recipe reminds me of the popcorn that we would get in San Francisco when I was little girl at Playland at the Beach - it was called Yum Yum and this is!

Off I go - Have a great day - and prayers are said for those in need -

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”