Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FEB 17, 2010

Daily discussions.
Chrissy1

Re: FEB 17, 2010

Post by Chrissy1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:38 am

6 more blocks done, pound cake in the oven, and now I need to call and check in at the office. The medication the dr. gave me yesterday made me feel a bit funky so it was a good reason to stay home. Hope everyone is having a super day

jcdeem

Post by jcdeem » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:52 am

good afternoon all,

well today has gone so far without a hitch, the boss yesterday made a special point to bring up that the warehouse had purchased 3 containers of coffee this past month, he didn't bother to mention that there was none purchased the month before, so me being the smart a$$ that I can be, I printed up some ration stamps for coffee and passed them out to the coffee drinkers, and left some next to the coffee maker, I hope that the boss sees them sitting there, everyone got a good laugh from that.

if they want to complain about the coffee, I will work on a plan that there will be no cost to the department at all.

the asst branch manager has stayed out of my office so far and he turns an walks the other way when I near by, he has been there only 3 weeks and has already started pushing the envelope with me, maybe he is starting to get a little bit of the message and that could be why he is avoiding me, I can be pushed only so far, and he certainly doesn't want to push to that point.

well my lunch hour is almost over and it's time for me to get back to work, good thing it's only a 8 minute drive.

have a good and safe afternoon all.

jay

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:21 am

Brenda....I pass Disneyland 2x everyday and Buttercup actually works for a division of Disney Travel company. Lori (zfatcat) and Carol (Quilter7) are also local. Lori, Betsy and I belong to a guild that meets less than 1/4 mile form the park so you CAN'T come to our part of the country without seeing us. I am going to post this in the sew along too so everyone can encourage you to contact us.

If you go to San Diego we can come see you there!

I sent you my regular e-mail

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:52 am

Good afternoon. I will be gone tonight babysitting my 2 grandsons, So you all have a great evening. and I will talk to you tomorrow. XXXOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 am

Hi, all,

Brenda, you'll love Disneyland. I haven't been since my kids - now all in their 30's - were young. But our entire family is going next Christmas. We already have reservations for an RV park. Even my sister's family is going! Only her family is keeping it a surprise from her so Shhhhh. I can't wait to hear all the stories you'll have to share! Does Becca know yet? I hope you're able to meet up with some of our So Cal pals!

DH just e-mailed me. He has the truck in for "wonky steering". The U-joint is bad, 2 seals are leaking, and the diff. fluid needed changing. $1,500. (probably only Jay really knows what any of that is, but I know it's expensive!) Our trailer repair will probably be in the $2,000 range. and I just realized that my broken tooth is the molar that my $3,000 bridge is anchored to. Please send any and all donations to PurrfectLady@needsabuck.com!

I got all my auto blocks finished this morning but now I can't find anything to mail them in! So tomorrow, it's off to the store to buy some big manilla envelopes.

Cindy - did you go pick up your machine?

Scrapquilter - are you thinking of starting a business?

Well, it's taken me all morning, but I have most of my chores done. One more little push after I visit with you all, and then I think a bubble bath, a cuppa, and a chapter in my book will be in order. I noticed lots of flowers blooming in my yard! forsythia! Violets! Crocus! and some shrubs! Only 32 days until spring!!

Mary

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:04 am

I got this book last weekend from 1/2 price books called "Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair". It is a based on the author's personal experience after her divorce and it was really good. I enjoyed it I think because I just broke up with Ron again for the final time (no more talking to him We are done done done)so I was kind of relating since I also have 3 cats LOL>

Brenda

jcdeem

Post by jcdeem » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:33 pm

wow mary, that truck and camper is turning into quite an expense.

those things that you said are wrong with the truck, yes I do know what those parts are, the rear differential is also known as the rear end and rear axle, the u-joints are in the drive shaft that connects the transmission and the rear end/axle, the leaking seals could be on any part of the truck, the wonky steering, well that could be caused by just about anything connected with the steering area, for example, tie rod ends, upper and/or lower ball joints, tires, shocks, springs, and just being out of alignment.

I also meant to mention that the differential could be a front one as well if you have a 4-wheel drive truck.

don't soak in that bath too long you will end up looking like a prune :))

well time for me to fix me a bite to eat and get me some more coffee.

have a good and Safe night all.

jay

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Where is everyone tonight?

Brenda

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Brenda...I just popped on and like you wonder where everyone went...oh darn...guess I will go cut fabric for the autograph blocks

give your kitties a hug from me!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Maryz - will you please stop tearing up your stuff? It's costing you a fortune!!!

I did go pick up my machine at lunch today. I hooked it back up but just sewed a tiny bit tonight. I need to cut more fabric for my next quilt. I've been on line looking for a good deal on embroidery thread. So far, no luck. I would like to have a 120 cone set but I'm scared to order that much in case I get it and then don't like it. Maybe it would behoove me to figure out a project and go buy only the thread I need. There is a place that is right around the corner from me (5 minutes) called Thread Art. I first saw them at the quilt show a few years ago and I bought some thread from them for quilting. The only problem is that they are only open during my work hours. Their prices are reasonable. This weekend I'm going to look thru my quilt notebook and some magazines and El's books and pick out a quilt to do that I can incorporate embroidery into. Then I'll order the pattern and go get some thread. Sorry, I'm rambling. Time to wash my mug and put my jammies on. ***yawn***

Return to “Sew ins”