Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

FEB 17, 2010

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: FEB 17, 2010

Post by cindyg » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:40 am

Hi y'all.

Kathy - enjoy your sunny day.

Brenda - I feel the same way about coming to work......just another day in paradise!!! LOL

Jay - you're a good daddy. Give Dega a big pat for me. She has you trained well....our dogs have trained us well, too - LOL

Chrissy1 - that's a good idea to have a dual birthday party - kill two birds with one stone as they say.

Lucie - since you're up at 3:00 AM you will have time to do everything today!

Chriss - eggs on toast sounds good but I like poached eggs on toast. Do you? My Dh makes fried egg sandwiches all the time so we got him a little bitty skillet at the store the other day. It's the perfect size to make your egg fit on the bread.

Maryz - if I had any self discipline I'd be glad to share with you. I will do anything to get out of doing housework.

I'm at work - blah blah blah blah blah. My sewing machine is ready but the only day they stay open late is Thursday so I'll go over there tomorrow after work. Or maybe today I'll take a long lunch hour and run over there to pick it up. It will be at least an hour and a half round trip. Hmmmmm something to consider. Well, I'll go read more now and then get busy here.

I hope you all get to fondle fabric today.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:46 am

Grammie - I was feeling the gray cave, too, but the last couple of days has been sunny....cold, but sunny.

Traci - how fun to help your DD make a quilt. Neither of my girls is interested. Well, I take that back....Sherrie is interested but she has a full time job, a DH in school and four kids. She doesn't have the time.

Joanne - on days that I don't feel real bad but don't feel good either, I just sit or lay on the love seat and watch Eleanor. And sometimes she gets the juices running so that I'll get up and go sew.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:17 am

Well no sun here in northern kentucky and Becca's school was called off again because most of the rural roads are not yet cleared off so she is enjoying a day at daycare playing with her Nintendo DSI.
I am too ready for spring at this point.
We have been invited to California by my uncle and he wants to take Becca and me to Disneyland. I have never been and haven't been to California since I was a baby. He is paying the plane fare and we are staying at his house. I am way too excited right now. It will be a blast but I am having a time convincing Becca the plane ride will be fun.
He lives in Westlake Village. Is that anywhere near Quilt in a Day??
I would love to be able visit there myself.

Brenda

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 am

Another fun day, quilting again! Love Daytona photos..

Monday I'll spend at "Canada Business Ctr." they offer free Word and Excel 2003 seminars. Maybe, I could drop hint RE: photobucket! Bag a lunch, return home tired! A good tired.

-Canada Bus Ctr. = A free federal gov't resource ctr. for business start-up advice. They have library, equipments, and some grants avail for certain type of business.

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:42 am

School was called off yesterday at around 5pm. We were under a level 3 but they have lifted that and made it a level 2. As long as we are under a level 2 we probably won't have school. Just as well, the DGD's are coming home from New Orleans tomorrow and so far haven't missed any school cause there hasn't been any. They could not have picked a better time for their vacation.

Brenda: Don't know when you are going to California but enjoy it. Take in all that sunshine and bring some back for us.

Jay: The weekend will be here and gone before you know it. I wold like to go to Daytona someday but I think my favorite would be Talledaga. Those are always great races there.

Chrissy1: Have a good time with both those birthdays. Twice the fun. Can't beat it. Tell them both I send birthday wishes.

Lucie: Whatever you do today, have fun and if you visit a quilt shop fondle some fabric for me.

Chriss: We all here in SW Oh, Ky, and Ind can't wait for that 48 degrees. Even if thats the high of the day you can bet we won't be sitting in front of the computer. lol

MaryZ: We moved the van yesterday to plow the snow and when it was sitting in the road running, it overheated. So I am reluctant to go out and start it today.But I have to go to the store. So I will venture out later. Have a great day.

grammiequilts: Have a good time out running errands today. 35 sounds good to me also. I think we are all sun deprived but hoping to cure that soon.

Traci: Can't wait to see the pics of your quilt. Is this your DD's first quilt? I would love to go to a quilt show about now. There is going to be one in June in South Lebanon Oh that i will attend. Need to go to the one they hold in Sharonville also.

Joanne: I have some white muslin but not sure if it is Kona so I am just cutting out the other pieces I am going to use and maybe go buy sone Kona. We didn't have school today either. I don't think they could get a schoolbus down out street. Its barely big enough for two small cars to pass. Sorry you have a cold. I have been fighting this one for aobut three weeks. Don't go anywhere without my Kleenex. lol

Cindyg: Take that long lunch adn go get your machine. Work will still be there when you get back. lol.

scrapquilter: I don't think we have anything like that down here. Would love to do some classes but just don't have the money. What kind of business are you thinking about starting??

Kathy: Have a great day doing whatever.

Vivian

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:44 am

Good morning, All!

What is it about this week??? Crazy!!! We've been having issues with MIL at the nursing home. Her dementia has been working overtime--calls from them somewhere after midnight, doctor appointments, and today we go for a care assessment meeting. Plus, two flat tires on my truck! Murphy must be rockin' and rollin' with his "whatever can, will go wrong!" Laws.

On the good side, I've gotten all of my autograph blocks pieced--need to sign them and get them ready for mailing. I haven't put the freezer paper on them yet to help with stabilization... later for that. Some of my blocks are pretty wild. Not neon, but definitely bright!!! I was working on them on a really dark day. In the sunshine today, they are BRIGHT!

Did you hear that! SUNSHINE! Yep, it's a beautiful day!!! 17 degrees earlier, now 29, going for 45--and hardly any wind!!! Too bad we have to go to town for the assessment, or we'd be in the woods --we will be there if the meeting doesn't last too long.

I hope everyone has a good day--working, sewing, visiting... I'm going to go clean up my sewing room a bit... TTYL...

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:41 am

What is sunshine???? I haven't seen it in so long.

Brenda

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:42 am

I think we are planning on going to California the week of April 12 since it is Becca's spring break from school.

karpet

Post by karpet » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:03 am

Good Afternoon All! (the morning flew by again)
We are having our usual 'puff' of snow - it sounds like EVERYONE is ready for spring. We watched a little of the Olympics last night - they had the women's curling on. One of the teams called a time-out, and DH and I looked at each other and just burst out laughing! Not sure why it struck us as so funny, but it's not exactly a fast-paced sport! (of course we don't know much about it other than what we see every 4 yrs.)
I sewed 10 strip sets together last night and it was so enjoyable to just sew! I was too tired to start cutting the sets apart - didn't want to end up with a big uh-oh. Still need to do laundry and such.

Mary, I'd share any self-discipline for doing cleaning that I had with you, but I always seem short on it myself! And last week Cindy gave me some umph but then took it back when I used it for uglies!

Karlene

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:05 am

Good morning!!

Brenda - Sorry to tell you that QIAD is about 2 hours south of Disneyland - It is a beautiful drive - you see a beautiful part of California's Ocean on the way.

Thanks everyone for the chuckles this morning -

Stayed up last night - boy do I love El's method of making flying geese
We made 144 of them last night - the little ones - 1 1/2 x 3 inch size!! At least those are done - we are in the midst of redesigning on the quilt block for this quilt - we don't have the time to paper piece and get it quilted before Kyna goes home on Friday morning. We have already made the alternate block and this will be a minor redesign - I hope!!

Off to be chained to my machine!! Have a great day

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”