Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday February 16,2010

Daily discussions.
scrapquilter48

Re: Tuesday February 16,2010

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:56 am

Next time, your in fabric shops, check out fabrics carefully, feel like my head is going to explode from all these beautiful ideas for my next wall quilt.

Hope winter lasts AH! WELL! another 6mths. Might finish al my UFO's at this rate.

I search harder for PT-TM work to feed my frenzie, and save my head from scattering about..Take of mortgage rate changes on TV. I am past that and very lucky..

LONGARM QUILTING, QUILT WORKSHOPS, SERGERS, RETREATS, QUILT SHOWS, BOOKS, COMPUTERS..

northbound

Post by northbound » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:21 am

Good morning! Home with the flu today. I usually don't post here (boring life) but wanted to let Chrissy1 know that I put up some links in Chit Chat (What's it like at ______?) to get some info on conditions at Little Rock. HTH--
Sharon C.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 am

Good morning to all! What a busy bunch we have here today! Way too many to answer individually, if you're working, hope the day is uneventful & you get home safely. If you're sewing, hope Mr. Frog stays far away, I think he's taken up residence here lately. Thank goodness the snow has finally stopped here, I drove to the gas station for a Diet Mt. Dew, we ran out & I know I'm addicted. The road in front of the house is ice covered and drifting, but that wouldn't stop me. I was happy to get back home, no more venturing out for me today. Hope everyone gets a chance to do some sewing today! I'm headed in there shortly.

macdor

Post by macdor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 am

Morning everyone. It is a cool day here in central Florida, but the sun is out. The cats are following it from window to window, they love to sock up the sun.

Going to go threw my stash today and pick fabric for the autograph swap. Then get the fabric cut into strips. Have a afternoon chiropractor appointment. After guess I have to think about supper.

Everyone seems busy today. Spring is almost here. Hope everyone has a great day.

DorothyM

PS I just want to let you know that I posted some pic's from Daytona if you are interested.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:16 am

Chriss - I can't believe you stood me up last night!

karpet

Post by karpet » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:31 am

Nice to have you here today, Sharon, although I'm sorry that it is due to the flu - hope it is mild for you.

Cindy - glad to hear your computer is getting fixed and backed-up. Nothing more frustrating than when you are used to something working and it stops.

Vicky - so are the cat and bunny friends or have they just made an alliance to save themselves from the dogs?

Mary - so sorry to hear about another loss.

We have had our usual 'puff' of snow. We actually got above freezing yesterday! I cut out my next project last night, so I can start sewing today, although I really should do some laundry too.

Looking forward to spring!

Karlene

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:33 am

Good morning - Oh how I enjoy your posts!!

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood - I have spring flowers, my gardeners are cutting the lawns right now and it is sunny and getting warm - and I live in the North!! California that is - LOL

Working on the fourth quilt - designed by Kyna - still having construction problems with it - EQ draws them great - but leaves it to us to figure out the assembly. We have half of them done - just 15 to go and then the top is on the LA!!

Got my uglies done this morning - so I am off to sew

Have a great day

Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 am

I ventired out today after I checked in here. Went to the mall to get some new "upper topper flopper stoppers" Found 2 that fit and are comfortable. Bought some new jeans on sale and a couple of shirts. I am set for vacation now. I need to get busy in the sewing room. Bought a couple of bubble envelopes to mail my swap blocks out. they are not done yet. But I only have 5 to go. So they should go out this week. I also have a few uglies to do now. BBL

northbound

Post by northbound » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 am

Karlene, its just the 24 hour type, so not too bad.

Chrissy1, I should have posted links for you here, but apparently the Arkansas DOT doesn't have traffic cams. There are weather cams, however, and here they are:
http://www.weatherusa.net/skycamnet/sho ... ansas&id=1
http://www.weatherusa.net/skycamnet/sho ... ansas&id=4

and forecast:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 2.3541&e=1

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

Done some olympics of my today! Pull out 2 baby quilts, thanks to you ladies. Made sleeve and are now hanging in my living room. Were in my suitcase, set aside for craft/yard sale. Scores 7/10, good for bronze or 5th place I see some uneven seams, well regroup for next olympic reaching for Gold's of 9 over 10 scores.

What a great idea! Now the other wall looks bare, working on it!

Return to “Sew ins”