Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Goodmorning February 15,2010

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: Goodmorning February 15,2010

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 am

Good Morning! Vivian said it all!! Minimum of 7"..probably more by tomorrow. I wanted to go take a picture outside, but the snow is too heavy and blowing..I am so happy to be retired!!

Lois, your quilt is beautiful! One day I will attempt the Carpenter's Star...I couldn't believe how many pictures are in that thread!!

Chriss, your son is adorable! Is his girlfriend's name Ashley?? My memory is terrible! What a sweet thing for her to do for him! That Fireman's fabric is really cool.

Chrissy, I'm sorry for your loss...and don't stress too much over the fabric choices! I will love whatever you choose..

I can't believe that Spring has arrived in California!! Seems strange..is it normal?? Q7 I can't believe you are digging weeds!

After today and tomorrows snow, they are saying MORE on Saturday!
I'm not going ANYWHERE! LOL!

Grammie Judi, I don't want to hear about trying on summer clothes girl! You all are just killing me...weeding in the garden, daffodils blooming, almond pollen, summer clothes...dang!

macdor Dorothy, that was one lonnnnnggggg race! But I was glad to see them finish on a green flag instead of the caution...I hated that! We're not into car races much, but it was exciting to watch. I think all sports are better in person.

Cindy, the workers in our state are minor offenders...mostly DUI, non payment of child support, non-violent offenders..etc. But when I worked at the Sheriff's Office, we had them cleaning our building alot. We had to make sure we didn't leave any personal info laying around, like if you brought in magazines..you needed to mark out your address on the label, stuff like that.

Karlene, I had visions of your daughter "stalling and chugging" with the standard shift! LOL! All of our kids learned to drive a "stick" shift. I drove them all, column, floor shift, push button, and automatic. Not WELL, but I drove them! lol! You are a brave soul to host a teen girl sleepover!

Kathy, blue, yellow and white are one of my favorite combos! I also love purples..and greens..oh well, I just love them all! lol!

Chickie, I don't know if our snow is coming your way or not...it's a "clipper" whatever that is. It is beautiful, though!

Well, I still have the head cold...it's worse at night but I'm just doing some laundry and resting today...Oasis posted a chicken and salad dressing recipe and I'm trying that in the crockpot..Earl will probably hate it...he isn't crazy about chicken in any form, but he'll just have to suck it up! I've run out of ideas!

BBL
Joanne

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:31 am

Good Morning Brenda!! Haven't talked to you in a coons age! I've been reading, though..hang in there..maybe your problems are just a "glitch"..

hugs,
Jo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:42 am

Good Morning everyone -

Just waiting for a e-mail from my son - so I thought that I would stopped by here -

Not much doing around here except more sewing - we still have a few days together and much to get done -

Cindy - go look at EmbroideryDK.com website - it is a subscription website - way cheap and tons and tons of patterns to download for your embroidery machine - best value I have seen - easy to use too.

I hope that all the quilts made from the swap get put in the pictures - I would love to see them all

Well have a great day and stay safe and warm

Jana

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:14 am

I have today off since it is President's Day, in fact I had a 4 day weekend we were off on Friday too...but I have been sick with this cold so I have not enjoyed it!
the sun is shining in the window and I can see that my Iris are about to bloom the jonquils are almost done and the Tangerine Tree needs to have the tangerines picked before they all start falling off and rotting. Many of my students told me they were going to the mountains to see the snow this weekend, for many of them this will be their first snow experience.

Well..have a wonderful fabric filled day I think I will curl up on the couch with some tea and KNOCK this cold. I got the borders remeasured and ready to sew. I hope to get that done later and loaded on the frame. I want to have it quilted by next weekend.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:26 am

Tea break,

grannie...Yes! Yes! We thank you! It sure has a special excitement.

Dorothy...since we didn't have to bail you out we have $$ for more fabric. How many cute men did you get to hug?

cindyg. isn't 33' & 20' cold for you? Happy you have a new machine to explore and play with.

Karlene...sisters are always there to 'help' each other out. Sounds like the sleep over was a success.

gmaann....that was my yard last week minus all the wonderful trees. What are all those lines in the trees?

Miriam...shrimp boil sounds fabulous. Sorry I missed it. Glad the chicks got to enjoy it.

Brenda...enjoy you day with Becca. Maybe you and Ron need more time to build on your relationship.

Joanne...Good Heavens!! The news said that there was snow in 49 states at the same time. AND no 2 flacks are the same??? Keep warm and sew.

Jana...enjoy your day!

BBL...Kathy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:48 am

Break from laundry!

Ok, all you tea drinkers out there....what is a good tea for a head cold?? I've got about every type of tea known to man in the pantry, so I'll probably have it! lol!

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:50 am

Kathy, I wondered if anyone would notice all those 'lines in the trees'!! My DH is a ham radio NUT - and those are all different antennas. In addition to those he has 4 TOWERS with beams on them. He never complains about my fabric stash!!

I know many of you have snow like this every winter, but this is fairly unusual for TN. We get snow, but not usually as much as we've had this winter. Had so much that the kids have missed so many days of school that their Spring Break has been cancelled. Temp is 19 degrees!

I'm like Joanne - so glad to be retired - especially when the weather is like this. Pretty to look at, but not so much fun to be out in it!

And then I read that Carolyn has iris about to bloom and jonquils almost done blooming! It must be beautiful! Hope you kick that cold, friend!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:38 am

Changed the sheet, Ironed some shirts, sorted through the summer clothes. Now It is time to get supper going...I will sew tonight ...Ken watches 24 and Idon't so I will sew for that hour anyway. Maybe more. Did the tread mill for 10 am going back to do another 10 in a few. It is bright but cloudy here...they keep saying we are going to get some more snow but none so far...stay warm all of you.

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 am

Snowy afternoon to all.

Well we have about 6" and it is still snowing. The wind chill makes the temp 5 degrees. I am staying put. Lqs is having their fq sale today and I have 2 gc from there and was going to use them but I guess I'm not. I don't think I need anything bad enough to go for in this weather.

I got 10 of my blocks done for the swap. It is going to be so much fun, can't wait to see them all. I went back to JOann's yesterday and got more kona in case I messed them up.

Vivian.. I am making chili also. I like it better the second day, for whatever reason I think it tastes better. Hope your son stays put. All the colleges and schools are closed here also. Even the malls are closing early.

Chriss.. I didn't see the pic of the quilt your ds got for Valentines. Where is it??

Kathy..I am not paper piecing for a while. It is too frsutrating!! But I did write down the right day that the bom is. No more suprises for me. Enjoy your beef stew, sounds yummy.

I'm going back to sewing.
Sharon

Chrissy1..enjoy your pizza. Sorry about your friend.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:19 am

Joanne-- camomile, mint, lemon teas--anything warm, probably! I even like chicken boulion if I don't have some chicken soup. I think the steam from hot drinks works on the nose. That and Mom's TLC!!! Think of me as "Mom" and drink up! Hold the mug close to your head and breathe deeply of the vapors! Don't send me snow--I'm so tired of it!!! Ours has FINALLY melted, and all the wind (icy as it may be) is drying out the roads so we can navagate them to go take care of the chickens. The ruts are hellacious!

Sharon, I vote for most stews, soups and chili on the second and even third day--if any leftovers by then. More flavorful!!!

Judi--sometimes I watch 24 with DH, but it is so all the same. I'll wait for "midnight" and watch the season finale when the action happens. LOL!

Ann--the ham operators talk together much like we do to each other. I used to go hang out in a ham shack when I was a kid--found it fascinating to hear him talk all over the world.

Oh, Carolyn! Tangerines on the tree!!! Lucky you!!! I'd love to have citrus trees and an avocado tree!!! Iris aren't even thinking about sticking up spikes here yet. Hope your cold gets better!!! Chicken soup!!!

Hi, Jana--enjoy your day!!! Have fun sewing! Hope you hear from your son soon!

Brenda--proceed with caution now. Is he afraid of committment? Take it EASY! I made a HUGE mistake one time--I didn't investigate enough. Life is good now--it pays to WAIT for the best!!! ((((HUGS))))

I'm going to go sew some more autograph blocks. 13 completed, 6 more cut out and started piecing... They are fun! I'm soooooooooo looking forward to seeing everyone's blocks!!! BFN....

Return to “Sew ins”