Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Goodmorning February 15,2010

Daily discussions.
karpet

Re: Goodmorning February 15,2010

Post by karpet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:58 am

We've had our usual 'puff' of snow here. I finished the binding and the sleeve on the golden dahlia quilt - just need to go snip all the threads and see who I can rope into helping me take a picture. My fingers are getting itchy to cut into the fabric for the next project!

I survived the teen girl's sleepover - it gets hard doing food for them with all the different diets from vegan to 'only american cheese & white bread'! DH took DD out for her first driving lesson - all of our vehicles are standards so there was a lot of stalling and chugging! She laughed so hard when her older sister was learning and she was the passenger, and was very confident that she would do better. I think older sis is ready to give some back-seat driving advice now!

Hmmm, don't have to worry about weeds in our garden - they are still covered with the white stuff.

Good job grammiequilts for sticking to the tread mill!

Almonds in bloom! Signs of Spring! We've got a ways to go for that - sorry about your allergies though.

Have a great day everyone.

Karlene

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:18 am

Good Morning!!

I'm happily home today. There are mandatory classes at work but because I took a 180 hour class last year I am off the hook. Happy, Happy, Happy!!

I'm going to clean up my mess in my sewing room, finish a little project, cut the blue & yellow for Autograph blocks and make beef stew. That sounds like a good bonus day off.

Lois... I can not find your quilt photo. I looked in Photos but don't see 'directions'. Help someone! I'm sure it's right in front on me.
Your day off sounds a lot like mine(:(: Yes! The dirty word is coming here too. I think we need rain to melt away the snow.

Chrissy...Happy you're calling the Dr. Sorry to hear about you friend.

Chriss...I can't find you son's GF's quilt either!!! I'm blind today!
Thank you for suffering so we can have almonds...I like them on my salads...lol

Dolores...I hope it's not a big problem with your foot. We really need them to be on good working order.! I'm praying for a little rain.

Vivian...I heard you are getting 'more' snow today. Spring will be here! Hold on! Chili sounds so good I haven't made it this winter...but I do have the things for beef stew.

Carol...have a happy day with your Autograph blocks. I'm so excited about this swap. I've picked my fabrics.. I must do my favorite blue/yellow/white.

BBL Kathy
Hi to all that posted while I was slowly typing...LOL

I found the photos. I never thought to look there. Thank you!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:21 am

Lois - I can't find it either.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:24 am

Go to photos, look at the very first thread "For new members help with posting photos"...

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 am

This is what I woke up to today! Now isn't this the perfect day to stay indoors and SEW??

Hope everyone has a great day!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:47 am

Good morning Everyone! You are all chatty this morning!

We went to the shrimp boil last night. There were 4 couples of us and a DGD of the "host" couple. The big round tables were covered with plastic table cloths, and buckets of cajun-spiced boiled shrimp, potatoes, corn (on the cob), sausages and onion slices were poured out on the table. NO silverware!!! They furnished bibs, paper towels, butter and salt & pepper. It was to die for!!! Totally delicious!!! I brought home a HUGE sack of shrimp tails and corn cobs for the chickens today. They are HAPPY chicks!!!

Good morning, Lois--enjoy your day off!!! Happy not to have to get out!

Dorothy, I wondered when you got home last night--knew it was going to go on forever when I saw all the stops for pavement repair. There is nothing like being there CLOSE, is there! My late DH's brother was killed in Tulsa in a stock car race in the 60s. His brother and two nephews also raced dirt track until just the last couple of years. I heard one of the drivers interviewed, and he said he raced dirt track at Yates Center, KS, which is not far from here. My BIL & nephews probably raced there with him in a different class.

Chrissy, a couple of my blocks are a bright purple, mine are all kinds of colors. I'll make some pastels, too. Enjoy your pizza! Blessings to you at the visitation.

Chriss--I enjoyed your son's DGF's quilt and pillow! I started to say something about the flames for a hot guy, then thought better of it. LOL! He's a cutie, even with a dirty face from the fires!

Lois, good luck with the ankle! Take care of YOURSELF!!! Rest and elevation, and lots of QUILTING! Take two fat quarters and call me in the morning!!!

Hi, Vivian--stay in and stay safe!!! So far, no more s--- here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's COLD and WINDY.

Hi, Carol! HAve fun in the dirt!!! Ours is frozen mud. Couldn't work it if we wanted to.

Hi, Cindy--yes, you probably DON'T want to know, but I'd guess a lot are drug related sentences. There are a lot of quilts that are using the e-machines to quilt the block motifs. Good luck!!! Sue Hausman uses it that way a bunch. You might check her website if you get bored.

Karlene--we had standard shift vehicles, and my DD never did learn to drive one. Tried and tried. She finally learned in college on a friend's automatic and got her license then. Isn't that a hoot! I taught my babysitter to drive on my VW, and was sure I could teach my DD as well. Not so!

Judi--you go, Girl, on the treadmill! I would never make it that long. I can walk outside all day, but forget the inside, even with TV or a movie.

Hi, Kathy--check the directions for posting photos at the top of the category. There are quite a few quilts in there. Enjoy your day!!!

Now to check out my day... autograph blocks for sure! BBL...

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 am

Ann, it's actually beautiful, since it's THERE and not HERE! LOL!!! It's definitely a stay in and sew day!!! Stay safe!!!

Joanne--Good morning! Have a fun day!!!

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 am

Well we have a lot of snow here in Northern Kentucky. I am off because Becca's daycare and school are closed today so I was taking off anyway and had it planned.
It is going to snow all day here and we will have 6-10 inches by the time it is over on top of the 7 we have on the ground all ready.
Well Ron and I are talking again so we shall see what happens. I sure do miss being able to talk to him.

BBL

Brenda

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:24 am

Graann - brrrrrrrrrrr that looks cold!!!!!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:28 am

Farmchick - that is one of my favorite meals. Yum yum.

Brenda - if you are happy about then I am happy for you. Decide what you want and need from a husband and if he doesn't fit the bill totally, ditch him. Anything that bothers you about him now will only get worse after you marry him.

Return to “Sew ins”