Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Goodmorning February 15,2010

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Goodmorning February 15,2010

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Goodmorning Everyone

Today I have the day off going to spend it sewing and doing a few uglies but doing mostly sewing.

Im watching the news and there saying that dirty word for the weather here.

I Hope Everyone Has a Wonderfull day doing whatever.
And for the ones who have to work may you have a fast and safe return home to sewing.

LoisBBL.

PS if you didn't get the chance to see my carpenters star please look in photos under the directions.

Chrissy1

Re: Goodmorning February 15,2010

Post by Chrissy1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 am

Good morning Lois. Just a dusting of snow expected here today. I have to work, hubby has it off. He has the grandsons this morning as Sis and Mo have a lacrosse tournament to go to.
Fot those that are doing the autograph quilt, are you using mainly primary colors, etc.? No darks right? This is way too much fun.

After work calling hours for a friend who passed on the 12th, pizza with the "gang" (young kids that always meet us there on monday) and then back to my autograph blocks. Oh yes, okay Kathy, and a call to the Dr. this morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hopefully the snow will bypass everyone.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 am

Lois.. I am so glad you had me look under the directions to see your quilt.. it really is pretty... I love the choice of colors you used...and it made me see taht there are other pictures in that thread... my sons girlfriend quilt4lovedones is new to quilting.. the quilt she added is her first and the pillow she made has my son on it with his very dirty face.. he had just fought a fire.... how big are the squares on your quilt after you sew the HST together? it really is the perfect size..

Chrissy, you can use any color except for neon's in your blocks.. the white will pull it all together and make it look great.. enjoy the pizza...

My allergies are acting up.. it's the almonds in bloom.. happy spring.... I need to get my lunch togehter and have some kind of breakfast... I hope you all have a super day...

Chriss
Psalm 91

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:46 am

Well today is another me day.

I am working on my carpenters star too.
It is NOT as hard as I thought it would be

We are expecting some more snow(dirty word)

How much more of that stuff can we handle.
There is so much snow around it was plowed against street signs to get it off of the roads. Now it looks like the stop sighn are sitting on top of the piles.

I will not complain because I did take off today. I have a foot doctor appointment. It will be interesting to see what he has to say about the pain in the ankle.

Chriss I posted Lois's picture there and don't know how I did it but it is BEAUTIFUL

Chrissy I am using pastel pink for my blocks.

Lois I will call you.
Enough about that.
HAVE THE VERY BEST DAY
Dolores

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:53 am

Good Morning all, Well the snow didn't bypass me. We have about 2 inches and are expecting 6 - 10 inches by midnight tonight. Its times like these that I feel lucky to be unemployed. At least i don't have to go out today. I am going to make a pot of chili. CAn't think of anything better for today. Even Northern Kentucky University is closed today due to snow. My DS is in columbus Oh with his firlfriend and I texted him to tell him to stay there. It has already snowed heavily in Northern Kentucky with a lot of businesses closed also. Its just not schools closing.

Anyway after I put the chili on I am going to work on the other three swap blocks for February so I can get them in the mail this week (if I can get out). News just said 1 to 2 inches perHOUR for snowfall until midnight. YUK!!!

Everyone stay in and stay warm.

Vivian1970

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:19 am

Good Morning Everyone!
I am happy to be so early on here today!

Lois - I looked three times for your Carpenter Star yesterday and couldn't find it, so thank you for saying it was under the directions. It is beautiful! I love your choice of colors! Congratulations on finishing it!

Chrissy - I will try to post pictures this morning of my autograph blocks. I will wait for the sun to come up though.

Chriss - The quilt with the firefighters was done by girlfriend of your son? It is wonderful! Sorry your allergies are acting up. I notice the flowering apricots are in bloom here. The real apricots and peaches are not blooming yet though. Daffodils in full bloom.

Dolores - I am sorry to hear you are getting snow. My DH is leaving for a trip to D.C. tomorrow morning. I was hoping the roads would be cleared. I will worry more about him. I remember a link being posted to the Carpenter's Star at one time, do you still have the link? Would you mind posting it again? I really like these Carpenter's Stars all of you are making!

Vivian - Stay warm! Do stay in and sew! Sounds like too much snow to be driving around. The post office is closed today anyway so finish the blocks and later this week will be soon enough to get to the P.O.

I need to do some cutting, pinning and sewing of Autograph blocks today. I know I will need to go into the yard this afternoon. The weeds are coming up again, if I hoe the beds I think I can rid them of those things!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Carol

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:42 am

Big talk here is the Swap, I haven't heard this much excitement about a swap in a long time....I am so glad. I am so looking orward to this quilt. It is going to be something special. A big thanks to ME for getting it started.

I have uglies and a trip to the store today...Might try to get some of the summer clothes out. Need to see what fits.

I also hear the treadmill calling me...trying to get up to 30 minutes a day. Did 20 a day since we got it. Feels pretty good. Will BBL

macdor

Post by macdor » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:47 am

Good Morning everyone. I want to thank all the well wisher on my Daytona 500 race trip. And, I'm lucky to have friends that will take care of me if I got arrested for kiss all the men looking for Chrissy son.

It's was a long race and long day. (We left here at 6:30am and got home at 10:45pm) All except one accident was in front of us. The big crack in the track was to our left, we could see movement in that area that's about all. Until the sun went down we were nice to toasty. After the sun went down my very happy that I had all my winter coasts and gloves. And even with them I was cold to the bone, remember my blood has thinned out. Edwards was wanting the race to be over for his wife was in labor and he wanted to make it home for that. For Jr fans, he ran a good race. They talk about how he likes to hug the wall, I don't think you would be able to see daylight. As you can see I love racing almost as much as quilting. My son raced dirt modified in NY. As much as it is a wonderful experience, TV just doesn't show how fast they are going and how close they are. Once maybe twice a year is fine with me. Today I feel like one of the race cars ran over me.

I need another cup of coffee. I have had a DF in the hospital the last few days so need to check on her. Will be back later to answer all the posts.

DorothyM

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:48 am

Good morning, y'all.

Lois - I will definitely go look at your Carpenters Star. I just love that quilt pattern. Where are the directions? Lucky you to be off work today.

Chrissy1 - sorry about your friend who passed. Enjoy your pizza. That's what DH and I had for our Valentine dinner - neither of us wanted to go out.

Chrissy1 and Chriss - enjoy your day at work. Is that an oxymoron?

Delores - I hope the doc can help you with your ankle. You're making a Carpenters Star, too? I guess I'm the only one who hasn't made one of those yet.

Vivian - having chili and getting to sew on a snowy day sounds great to me!

Carol - I do my weeding with a spray bottle of Roundup. Actually, DH does it. He says the yard is his territory. I don't argue.

I'm at work. I'm here all by myself and there are county prisoners picking up trash out in front of our office. I always wonder what they did to get themselves put in jail. It's probably best I don't know. We have sun (YIPPEE) but it's cold. Was 33* when I left for work. It will be in the upper 20's tomorrow morning. That's cold for us. I've been watching the olympics, I started cutting out the Star Log Cabin fabric, did laundry, straightened up my sewing room and played with my embroidery machine a little bit. I'm still dumbfounded that that machine is in my sewing room. I need to figure out a project to do with it. I have my next two projects planned so it will be a while before I get around to really using the E machine. I need to go online and look at emb. patterns and see if anything jumps out at me.

I hope you all get to fondle fabric today.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 am

Oops grammie - I was typing the same time you were. I hear my dreadmill calling me sometimes. I ignore it. I'll be going to the store myself after work today. I'm such a procrastinater when it comes to the grocery store.

Dorothy - sounds like you had a wonderful time at the race. I saw on the news that the race was stopped because of pot holes in the track. I haven't been to a race since I was a teenager but I remember how much I loved the noise.

Return to “Sew ins”