Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

TGIF February 12 ,2010

Daily discussions.
scrapquilter48

Re: TGIF February 12 ,2010

Post by scrapquilter48 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:54 am

Enjoyed my quilt quild meeting, brought home some quilt books, from the quild library. Had anniversary, cake for a retiring lady who makes quilts for various needy people.

Time for me to plant those fabric flowers in the snow, and see people's smiles walking by, when they all of sudden see flowers in full bloom.

I seen a number of RV's(campers), drive by heading south for rest of winter..How lucky they are to witness longer summer, than myself..

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 am

scrapquilter48 what fabric flowers?????

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:03 am

Good morning! I hope everyone East is feeling the sun! He left here yesterday and was working his way East!!! DH and I tramped in the woods yesterday. He likes hunting for deer antler sheds, and day before he found a HUGE one. Yesterday I found a small one, and he found a small skull with three points on it. My little antler by itself had four, so he said I skunked him. I made Valentine cut-out cookies and decorated them, so need to pack them up and deliver them to all the grands. Think I'll mail some even though they won't get them until Monday or Tuesday.

I need to get busy packing up the cookies and cleaning up the mess. Everyone have a great day!!! Hello to one and all!!!

Scrap, one year we did have real flowers blooming in the snow. We got 12" on our daffodils at Easter time! What a crazy surprise! Your fabric flowers will bring cheery smiles!!!

I'm hopeful my Kona cotton will arrive today and I can begin my autograph blocks! This is fun!!!

BFN...

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:06 am

Good Morning Everyone!
It is 53* here today with no rain.

Lois - Glad to see you in the Autograph Swap. Hope your workday goes smoothly!

Vicky - Glad to see you this morning! Emily can feel very proud to share in her art history class. What is the name of the birthday block?

Chrissy - Nice idea to hang the cookie cutter on the wall.

Suzette - Be careful if you need to go out today.

Joanne - I cut 18 before I realized I could make strip sets! Why I didn't realize it sooner is beyond me!

Chriss - Happy Friday! Enjoy your sewing weekend. You can finish all of the blocks this weekend for sure. I made the centers and signed them last evening.

Kathy - Have fun sewing today!

Mary Ellen - Enjoy shopping today.

Carolyn - Enjoy your day off!

I have an eye appointment, so have been taking the drops this morning. I will not be able to sew until much later, however I realized I could press the blocks and pin the triangles on, so hopefully I will get that done today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carol

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:08 am

Good to see everyone up and running this morning, I was in the back answering emails and Pms. Read everyhing, Cannot answer all but will tell you it is cold here and gray and blah.

I too am excited about the swap with blocks from all my old friends here, It will be a treasured quilt for sure. I have made 12 blocks so far also. I really need to get them done before I leave becuase I don't work well under pressure.

Kathy your sister has made decisions based on what she was told by her Drs. So sad that she won't allow you to be part of it....Maybe you should just go to her and comfront her. Tell her you want to mend the fences. You know her better than we so I will pray really hard for you that you have peace with her decision.

Vicky so happy you are returning to us. Prayers for you too.

Everyone have a great day, I have some uglies to do and will sew a bit later, I just want you to know I love you all.

karpet

Post by karpet » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 am

Good Morning Everyone! (I still have 11 min. left of it!)
My DD passed her permit exam yesterday so she now has her permit! I think she will be easier to teach than her sister - she is cautious by nature where as her sister had no fear which resulted in what felt like near-death experiences while she was learning to drive!

I'm mentally preparing myself for a house full of teen girls tonight - she is having friends over to spend the night as part of her birthday celebration. I'll need to do a few clean-up things when I get home, and other than preparing food, I think my main job will be to stay out of the way. Good thing I have that binding to sew down by hand!

Just curious, where does the term 'frog stitch' come from to mean ripping out?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Karlene

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 am

Good morning from warm, semi sunny SW. Florida....Gin left early this morning and for me, so far it's been a lazy, lazy morning..Talked to DH, read the paper, did some laundry and that's about it....It's only going into the mid 70s today but I could get used to this kind of living.....

I just saw on the weather station, there is to be snow in north Florida! I'm starting to feel a little sorry for DH being stuck up north in all that snow...He said, now when you shovel, you don't know where to put it...He did tell me our DDIL's uncle passed away and she will be coming up from N.C. for the funeral...He told her she should stay home, it's just not safe to travel...

Yesterday in our running around, I found a Quilt shop that had just opened, not too far from the house...I was in heaven, being able to fondle quilting fabric...Gin isn't a quilter and probably thinks I'm crazy..She said my eyes glazed over when we walked in the door....Being so close, I'm sure they'll see me often even if it's just to get my fabric fix...
I did get fabric to finish the binding on the quilt I'm finishing for Gin's friend and how I wished I would have brought some of my "tools"...It's really hard trying to cut strips without the rotary...And since Chriss made me join the swap, I could be starting those blocks but guess I have to wait till I get home...

Now I'm going to get my cup of tea and try to finish reading all the posts...You're all so darn busy, it's hard to keep up with you....

Enjoy the rest of the day,
Stay safe

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:03 am

Hi All! I am sewing with a friend today and we are wanting to cut bias binding. I know I recently saw a video (I think!) demonstration of a special way to fold fabric so that you get extra long strips of binding. Anyone know where that is?? Sometimes I have CRS!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:57 am

Smoothie Break!!

My BOM's are moving along 'smoothly' or may I shouldn't say that.
Me quilter...get the errands done so you can sew!

Joanne...thank you for you prayers and kind words.
OH Dear! Make a cup of hot tea/coffee and eat your cookie. I'll make you an other one next year.
Glad you got your blocks signed. I'm going to check out my pens before I go to my LQS tomorrow.

scrapq...I miss my quilt guild. Glad you enjoyed you meeting.I'll say flowers this time of year will turn heads.

Mariam....thanks for the sun...loving every minute of it. I'm sure you grands will love your cookies. Gramma's make the best!~!

Carol...hope those drops don't hold you up too long.

granny...Thanks for you prayers. Eileen has always walked to the beat of her own drum. My other sister brings up my visiting. Eileen gets very angry. The last thing I want to do is upset her. If she says yes I'll be there in a flash~~~~~~

Karlene...congrats to your DD!! The sleep over sound like great fun and a all nighter..LOL
I never heard of the 'frog stitch'. Someone will enlighten us.

gmaann....I think you might be talking about 'tube construction'.
I use it but I could never explain it. I know someone here will know where to find it. I bought a laminated copy of at my LQS.

Back to the machine....Kathy

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 am

I am taking a short break I have today off. I just got a call from a Power Postal Center in Arizona and the Gingerbread Folks from the swap in November that belong to Deanne (crzyquilter) were FOUND!!!!! They are calling her right now I am so dang excited!!!

well back to working on my "stuff" for Dorothy!

Return to “Sew ins”