Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

TGIF February 12 ,2010

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

TGIF February 12 ,2010

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Goodmorning Everyone

Yes today is friday and I do have to work because I am off on monday for the holiday.

It was a little rough getting there yesterday but I said a couple of prayers and had some company in the car my Sister inlaw works there also and she lives nextdoor.

Today on the way home I will stop for some Konna cotton so that I can start my blocks.

I Hope Everyone has a wonderfull Day and stays warm.
Lois

momof6quilts

Re: TGIF February 12 ,2010

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 am

Good morning all! We are still very cold and the snow is just hanging on on our back road.
We are going visiting today but yesterday I got out my sewing machine and put the binding on Emily's quilt so she can finally get that finished. She is taking an Art History Class and last time they talked about quilts and she told them about me making quilts and that she has made one so they want her to bring it to next class......how cool is that :-)
I also made a birthday block that had 44 pieces! What a block to ask for! But it turned out nice it was black and cream with a bunch of brights.

I hope everyone has a nice day and stay warm.

Vicky

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 am

Good morning everyone. Not a bad weather day here. Just kind of central ny in winter. It is 21 already so that is a good sign.

I want to thank everyone that posted information on Mickey Mouse cookie cutters. I am having fun trying to decide which to get her.
I am not real good with decorating cookies so I might get her one of the red metal ones she can hang up in her kitchen and then get her one of the plastic ones with Mickey on it. Time will tell :)

Have a great day everyone.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:39 am

Good morning everyone. We are still digging out. Last night the plows came through and widened our road. Up until then it was like living on a one lane country road. Yesterday evening my neighbor's husband got stuck and I was trying to help him. A guy in a pick up stopped and offered to help for $20 bucks. He sat there and waited and when he got in the driveway the guy backed up and left. Hopefully today I can work on quilts for both my brothers. One is the wedding present and the other is a memory quilt wall hanging for my other brother that is retiring from the fire department. I have pictures of the fire stations that he has worked at. I started printing them last night. Gotta go. Have a great day.
Suzette58
Suzette

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:43 am

Good Morning everyone! Cold, cold, cold here and lots of snow piles!

Lois, so glad you joined in the autograph block swap! How about your sister?? And Chrissy, I don't remember seeing your name on the list...PLEASE join!!!!

Vicky, did you join? Glad you are here!! I missed you! That is really cool about your daughter's art history class..and a B-Day block with 44 pieces! I'm glad it's not ME making it! lol!
I would love to have a autograph block from all of the "sew-in" people!

I'm up early this morning...little Ryan is catching the bus from our house...his dad has to work day shift at the school today. He's playing Wii. Grampa set the alarm and will go outside with him...

Q7, I wish you had posted your tip on the autograph block before I put my centers together!! Dang! What a time saver!! I've done 12 completely so far...But, I still have to sign them..and that takes me awhile. This will be so neat!

Well, gotta check out the rest of the forum..BBL

Joanne

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:43 am

Vicky, it's great to see you... and I am glad you got some sewing done... great news about your DD's art history class and her quilt... come back often.

Chrissy,I like the hang the cookie cutter on the wall idea...sounds neat... have a warm day.

Lois, I am so thrilled you joined the autograph swap... Maybe you could nudge Dolores??? There are only two spots left....

Kathy, enjoy your day off....

Suzette, I would love to see the wall hanging.. hope you post a picture....and if you need a break from those two jobs there are still two places left in the autograph swap.....

I will be making my blocks this weekend... I need more Kona fabric and will steal Carol's idea of making strip sets for the center part of the block...and I will steal her other idea of making the rest of the blocks 6" so they aren't too small...

hope you all have a super day,,,

Chriss

Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 am

Good Morning! My last morning for four days. We're leaving in a few hours for our long weekend getaway. But for now, DH and the dog are still in bed.

LOIS - glad you got safely to/from work. Hope you do it again today! And also very happy to see you in the Autograph Swap.

VICKY - so happy to see you joining us! That is very cool about Emily's art history class asking to see her quilt. I'm sure you're very proud of her. And is there a chance of us seeing a photo of that birthday block?

CHRISSY - I really like the idea of hanging the cookie cutter on the wall. But any/all of them would be nice. You just can't go wrong with Mickey Mouse, no matter how you serve him up!!

SUZETTE - I think of you every time I watch news and see Washington DC. Even my DH thinks of you now. How great that you are finally getting your fireman quilt underway! I can't wait to see it! Both of them!

JO - I was surprised that the directions for the auto. block centers in El's book didn't say to sew strips together and then cut them apart. Usually that's her M.O., isn't it? I've got 21 blocks finished. Guess I'll do the rest next week.

CHRISS - Happy Friday! Enjoy your sewing weekend. I'll be walking in the rain, standing by a weak, dismal, campfire, and sneezing. But I'll be camping, and therefore I'll be happy!

I'll be back next Tuesday. You all try to keep out of trouble while I'm gone!

Mary Z
edited because I hit the wrong "button" too soon!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:20 am

Good Sunny Morning!!

I have been on the phone with my sister(over an hr)talking about our sick sister. Not only is she not doing any treatment there will be no more Dr appointments. She is not telling anyone the results of the PET scan. Hospice is now in charge of her meds. As soon as she gets the meds she tells them to leave. Hospice has her on 2 meds and unknown to them she is still taking morphine. Please keep then in your prayers.

To day I am only sew & drinking tea. A me day! My BOM classes are tomorrow. I be picking up my Kona white then start my autograph blocks.

Lois...have a good work day so you can enjoy your Monday off. I'm off too.

Vicky....HELLO!! How wonderful your DD gets to share quilting with her class. Maybe the seed of quilting will be planted in someone.(:(:
Wow! What block are you making with 44 pieces. Amazing!

Chrissy...looks like the Mickey Mouse problem has many answers.
Please join in the autograph block swap.(:(:

Suzette...keep us posted on how much you get done on your 2 quilts.

Joanne...I've don this, press you finished blocks on the freezer paper and sign them, then peel it off. When I need to sign a small piece I like to do it this way.

Chriss...Good luck with your blocks..can't wait to see them.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

Mary...have a wonderful weekend!!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:21 am

Good morning to all! It's chilly here, 0* right now, might warm up to 15 sometime today, need to run a couple of errands later. I wanted to stop at Hancock and see if they had material for a sashing & border, but just might go to a LQS instead, it's much closer & they're having a Valentine's Day sale, too. Vicky, so nice to see you back here! Chrissy, 21*, girl you're having a heat wave! lol Suzette, I'd love to see a picture of that memory quilt, it sounds wonderful. Joanne, sounds like you're going to town on those autograph squares! Good job! Chriss, we'll have to give you the title of head cheerleader for all of your hard work in recruiting people for the swap. I'm so excited to see all of the blocks, want to come and help me sort them???
Oops, Kathy & Mary, I walked on both of you this morning. Hope you both have a good day!!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:53 am

Mary, I didn't check the book for El's directions...and that IS a surprise that she didn't do strip sets!! Have a wonderful time on your camp out!! Hurry back to us!! I'll miss your posts...

Suzette, that fireman's quilt sounds really cool! Will you be able to posts pictures??

Kathy, I'm so sad to hear about your sister...I'm sure it is so frustrating for the family, but you can only do so much..it is her life and her choice, but I know it is hard for you to watch. My prayers have been with you all along...take care! I can't bring myself to eat your beautiful cookie! I just keep looking at it! lol!

ME, it is really cold here, too! It was 8 deg. on our porch, which is always a couple of degrees warmer than the outside temp. I vote for Chriss as the head cheerleader, too! She could use boas as her pom-poms! lol!

Well, I signed all 12 blocks. I had a multi pen packet of those expensive Archival permanent pens that I always used for labels..they took forever...very thin line and not smooth to write with either! I'd have to go over the writing several times to get it to show up. This time I actually bought a Pigma pen--I believe it is .5. It is wonderful!! Writes smooth and you can see it!! I love it!

Joanne

Return to “Sew ins”