Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

good morning February 11, 2010

Daily discussions.
Quilter7

Re: good morning February 11, 2010

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 am

Good Morning Everyone!
I tried to post this morning and the link to the site broke temporarily.

Dolores, Lois, Jay, Chrissy, Kathy and Chriss - Drive carefully to work and have a great day!

Judi - Good Morning! Stay warm on a winter's day. Hope you get lots of sewing done!

Chriss - Congratulations on recognition from the bosses!

Cindy - Oh, oh! Hope your computer geek arrives soon to fix the problems.

Mary - You sound like you are ready for a weekend of fun! Hope the weather clears for you!

I would like to cut and sew a block today.

(((Hugs)))
Carol

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 am

Good Morning everyone! No more snow last night...school is in session!
Earl and I will be leaving soon to go get the taxes done...he usually goes by himself, but asked if I wanted to come along...heck yeah! I need to get out for awhile. We'll stop at the grocery for summer sausage..Earl and little Ryan LOVE it! And milk, and a few other things. We don't have too far to drive...and it's all straight and level ground..lol!
All of you going to work in the snow, be extra careful!
Chrissy, I'd try Disney.com too...that's a hard one to find in just any store.
Mary, it sounds like you're getting the next big storm that will bring us another round of snow on Sat./Sun!
Cindy, your computer problems reminded me...I went to Photobucket a couple of days ago and Microsoft had a big red screen that popped up saying it was an unsafe website...I got out FAST! I've been afraid to go back...
Gotta run! The car is almost clear and warm!!
See ya later!
Joanne

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 am

It's raining! Little stream running down the streets in the RV park. Have to take the dogs out....they are NOT going to be happy.
Might get the sewing machine out today.
Where's that global warming stuff?????

karpet

Post by karpet » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 am

Bright sunshine and in the 20's today which does make it feel like a heat wave! I must have gotten my umph back because after a hot bath and putting on my footie pj's, I finished the fmq on the quilt and even finished attaching the binding this am so now I can sew it to the back by hand. I'm itching to get on to the next project!

DD has decided today is the day to take her test for her learner's permit. I hope she does well. She doesn't want to start driving till the snow leaves so that will be awhile!

Have a great day everyone!

Karlene

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 am

Chrissy,
I found two sources for a Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter. Be sure to look at the size!

http://www.cheapcookiecutters.com/produ ... kie-cutter http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store ... uctDisplay

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 am

Morning to all! Just a quick hello, I'm headed into the sewing room to finish up the sashing and then put borders on a quilt. I am so ready to start the autograph squares, but am telling myself "no" until I get this done. Maybe I need some incentive to get this ufo finished and out of the way, huh? Hope you all have a good day, I'll check in later. It's 20* already, and no snow in the forecast till the weekend!!

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:36 am

Getting my bags organized for our Quilt Quild meeting this evening. Looking forward to meeting the ladies, missed last month meeting. I'll treat myself to taxi ride home. In meantime, reading my book collection delivered from doubleday book club by poste. Another month till spring!

Have to wait till end of month for Pay Day, to purchase more white on white fabrics, working on flying geese pinwheel, selected from Jelly Roll book, I purchased.

Wishing you a lovely day!

macdor

Post by macdor » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 am

Dropping in to say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!! and make sure that everyone is alright.

Is cool here in sunny Fl. Sleep in this morning, has been a week of sleep 4 hours then can't get back to sleep. Have a load of wash on the line and headed off to take a shower. Wanted to sew yesterday just wasn't in the cards. So today want to have the machine humming.

Everyone stay safe and warm. Spring is around the corner.

Have a great day where ever that takes you.

DorothyM

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 am

Good morning everyone -

The sun is peeking thru the clouds and we are to get around 60 today.

Yesterday DH had a good laugh at me - He told me that I had 20 minutes to get ready - I thought that we were going out somewhere so I got all dressed up and the the door knocked and it was the DISH guy - DH had fun!! Later he made up for it by taking me out to dinner. There are only two of us in the house and I have hook-ups for five TV's!!

Kyna's plane should have landed by now - I need to check and then she will take the BART train out here and we will start shopping - a LQS, and a couple of other places - then it is sewing for the whole week!! This trip is our BD present to each other - she was born on my BD - so I stopped counting at 24 - she then took over - she is now older than me!! LOL

Off to go get her - Have a great day and stay safe and warm!!

Jana

karpet

Post by karpet » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 am

Ahhh, Dorothy, laundry on the line sounds so wonderful! I have a silly question - what do the Amish do to dry their clothes in winter without freezing them? Just something I've always wondered.

Jana - enjoy your time w/Kyna!

Started hand-sewing the binding down. Am also going to put on a hanging sleeve, more to cover up something than because I planned on a sleeve!

Return to “Sew ins”