Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, Feb 10th (More Snow)

Daily discussions.
FarmChick

Re: Wednesday, Feb 10th (More Snow)

Post by FarmChick » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 am

Good afternoon! This morning I went and picked up DH's batik quilt from the LAQ. Oh, I do love it!!! I need to cut bindings for it. DH has been home all day, so I've gotten NOTHING accomplished. He's going out to the woods for awhile, and I declined (still too cold and muddy for me, although I do need the exercise!) so will go to the sewing room and work on binding for the Batik and Peter Rabbit.

I'm so amazed! We still have sun. I don't want to say it too loud, as you in the East are really getting hammered with snow!!! On the news, NYC looked like a Toluse Latrec painting of Monmarte Paris. It was beautiful! All misty looking and quaint. Not at all like NYC usually does! We are around 30 degrees here, but a sharp wind cools it down severely.

I also heard about the earthquake in Illinois. That's just so wierd!!!

I hope everyone stays safe, warm, and with power!!!

Off to the sewing room... BBL... Maybe. I've been having issues with my internet the last several days.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:25 am

Hi, all!

Well, our vacation rain has started. Sigh. Oh well. I guess we'll play a lot of cribbage inside. And we can be blue tarp campers if we have to be. I packed all but last minute things this morning and now am working on some autograph blocks. They are turning out great! What a nice, unexpected turn of events! If you haven't signed up yet, please know I'm hoping you do. You've all become rather special to me and I want a memento of each of my friends.

KATHY - what a woman you are! Bad shoulder and all, you managed to dig your car out! I'd probably be sitting in slush, crying!

JANA - it sounds like your birthday is going well! I hope the good times just keep rolling for you! Happy Birthday!

Well, I'm off to cut more fabric.

mary

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Good Evening All

Well it's still comming down out there and my DH is out there

When he comes back in will have dinner and then an early bed hour tonight we have been up since 2 and I tried to go back to bed but couldn't I should sleep very well tonight I went out to shovel twice today trying to keep up with it.

Well everyone be safe .
Lois BBT.

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Everyone. Sure looks like the snow bunnies are at work.

The snow is still coming down for the past 20 hours .
Did I tell you I hate snow right now.

I did take my blocks for the carpenters star and pinned some of the rows while I was waiting for my husband to finish work so that we could depart and go home.

It is really nice to be able to have my husband drive me to work. Tomorrow we have to leave early because he has to start at 6am

I have NOT seen a plow on my street yet .
Again while we were at work our dear son came over and cleaned our big driveway. We are so fortunate to have him.

Have a restful evening everyone
Dolores

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:53 pm

OOOOps, Kathy better that I thanked you several times than not at all :)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 pm

boy you gals have been gabbing up a storm....

yes, Kathy, I do shovel but not snow.... lol...

and I am not sending away my sun... if you want it you are welcome to come here... it really isn't much of a sun hiding behind grey clouds and threatening to rain on my...

Judi, you have had a few headaches lately...just wanted you to know that I noticed and will nag you to go to the doctor at the drop of a hat....xo

sorry I can't answer each of you... but it would take me past my bedtime.

hope you all have a great night,
Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

macdor

Post by macdor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Dropping in to see what everyone is up to.

Chrissy you have dogged the storm?

Kathy please take care of the shoulder and the rest of your body. The snow seem to keep coming your way.

We have had snow, sun, cold in south, and earthquake. I would say we have had quite a day. The weather man here is calling for colder tomorrow. I tried to get warmer weather of O'Dorothy.

Don't think I told everyone we had a addition to the family Christmas. Now, we tried to find a home for him. No luck Mr. Christmas (Chris for short) the cat liked it here. He will be going in for his little operation Friday. After that he might of wished he found another home.

Well, I'm going to go and watch some TV. My body hurts tonight, not sure if it is from the cold or I'm fighting some bug.

Everyone have a great evening. Stay warm and safe!!!!!!!!!!!!

DorothyM

jcdeem

Post by jcdeem » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

good evening all,

the major snow storm that the local media kept on and on about came to about 3 inches of the stuff, the media was raving all about the city's crew on cleaning the streets, I sure would like to know where they cleaned the streets at, hardly any salt was put on the streets here, the county and the state done a much better job than the city, it's amazing how the media can really dramatize a situation.

I do feel for those of you out east with your blizzards, just wait till all of that starts to melt, the flooding will be everywhere.

today at work, one of the big shots from home office called my boss asking what my hours were, he told them that I start at 6:00 everyday and leave around 3, pretty sad when my boss doesn't even know what my hours are, my schedule is actually 7-4, I go in between 6 and 6:30 and usually don't get to leave until almost 5 most days, I do my best to make sure that my guys are out on time and I make the sacrifice by staying late getting things done, and show up early to get things going for the day (especially the coffee top priority).

one of my drivers this afternoon actually started to ask a couple of questions about the computer system there, I was really surprised, he knows nothing about a computer, never wanted anything to do with one before, there was a few receivings that needed to be done, so I sat him down at my desk and talked him through it, he done a good job, I have tried many many times in the past to get him to work on it some but he always refused, now he starting to take an interest, that makes me happy, I told him the more he learns the more it would be to his advantage, I plan to work with him one on one with that computer, in time he will get the hang of it, he will never be fast at it, but at least he will be able to do a few things, and that can make it easier on me.

I heard on the radio about the quake up by Chicago, talk about a wake up call, glad to hear that it wasn't a huge quake, you just never know when or where something like that will happen.

it's time for me to get off this thing and get me a bite to eat, Dega is snoring on the couch, I know that just as soon as I move something in the kitchen hyper hound will be right there.

have a good warm and Safe night all.

jay

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi,

I'm all set for an evening of sewing.

The weather man said we got 10" snow so far. I keep thinking of scrapquilter she has 5' of snow on the ground. 10"+ doesn't seem to bad. The sun will be out tomorrow.

BBL....Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”