Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, Feb 9th

Daily discussions.
sharonkl

Re: Tuesday, Feb 9th

Post by sharonkl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:17 am

Good afternoon from snow, cold and windy Ky.

We got about 6" of snow last night. Schools are closed and most government offices also. Cooper's mom (my dd2) school was closed which meant I had a free day too. I am doing a civil war bom at my lqs, so that's what I did today. This month was 2 blocks...same block but differnet sizes..12" and 18". Some months you make 4 blocks, it is going to be very nice when it's done. Of course I cut one of my fabrics wrong so I improvised.

Farmchick... you have sun??? Send some my way!! Remember you have to share..LOL

So those doing the autograph swap, I got my fabric yesterday at JOann's. I got kona muslin but it's white. Do you know if this is the right fabric? They had it in 2 different widths..60 and 45. I got 45". The woman working there didn't know kona from flannel so I just got it anyway.

Brenda...I am staying put today also. It's nice to just hibernate!

Chriss...I have been looking at books. Found alot of cute patterns to make. Now all I need is time. I;ve been doing charilty baby quilts and found quite a few that will be perfect. Not too hard but cute. How lil Mack doing?

Well I;m going back to sew.
Stay safe and warm,
Sharon
bbl

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:55 am

Towens - you son's quilt sounds beautiful and very masculine.

Girl - that's great about your DH's scan.

grammiequilts - have fun with your treadmill. I hate it myself and I call mine a "dreadmill". LOL

Farmchick - ROFLOL - book one of the violin for 5 years. Funny.

Karpet - sending you some UMPH so you will go ahead and finish your quilt.

Jana - Happy Birthday tomorrow. I hope your surprise is a good one.

Joanne - don't worry - everyone will like your fabric choices because it's actually not the fabric choices but the name on the block that's so cherished.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 am

Hi all

Well I finished my carpenters star what a quilt Im going to see if my niece nextdoor will help with pictures maybe she can explain how to do this I did it once before but they changed the format and the quiltinaday directions don't work.

Im gald everyone seems to be doing well.
Lois BBL.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 am

Hi All,

I wanted to tell Sandy that I counted at least 20 robins in my yard yesterday afternoon - and then last evening it snowed - big fat wet flakes!! All gone now, but dreary and gray - I will just keep thinking of those robins!

Hope everyone is having a good day - covered in thread!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 am

Now I'm home! Mom was feeling well today. I took her a Ruben sandwich, and she ate the WHOLE THING! We talked quilts for awhile, then she went to take her nap. I fed her birds, then moved on to the nursing home to visit MIL. She was in a "mood" complaining about everything. I filed and polished her fingernails, then took her down to the "living room" to listen to special music. Stopped for some groceries and came home just as DH got home from his meeting.

Sharon, the sun is still here!!! Don't worry, I won't be too greedy and will send him to you, too. I definitely believe in sharing. It's been far too long since we've seen him!

Cindy, that really was me trying to play the violin... the little fat girl on the back row--last chair. I never did get a new book!!! I had five different teachers, and they each had me start over to see what I knew. Each time I got stuck around the middle of Book 1 and stayed there. Baseball was on my mind, not orchestra. LOL!

Gmaann--robins! How SPRING!!! Where do they go when it snows? I've always wondered that. The cardinals have been so beautiful here. I've had dozens of them at the feeders. And oodles of little white crowned sparrows. They look like they are wearing black and white racing helmets.

Barbara--that's wonderful news about your DH's scans!!!

Joanne--I agree, it's YOUR signature that's the value--not the fabric you chose. The beauty of scrappy is that EVERY fabric looks great!!! I can't wait until my fabric gets here to start! Maybe I could find some colored fabrics to start cutting strips and squares.

Enjoy your evening. I'll try to come back...

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Well I am back for a while. The delivery guy, called to cancel the delivery of my treadmill, postponed to friday. I had to go to the insurance office and talk about insurance. We are trying to get cheaper insurance. Yep just a review saved us about 800 per year on homeowners and auto. It pays to shop and review.

I am cutting out my autograph blocks here tonight too. I worry to about gals liking my colors too. This is my first real block swap. But I am looking forward to getting my blocks back and making my quilt/ Well back to work
By the way we have maybe 1 or 2 inches on the ground...told ya they over estimate. Might get 3 or 4 by tomorrow. a far cry from the ten they were predicting. BBL

karpet

Post by karpet » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 pm

20 robins! I'm jealous! And a reuben sandwich sounds good. I have the birthday dinner ready to go, just waiting for older daughter to arrive. Had to run around like a mad woman since I got home to cook and clean. Thanks for sending the umph but I think it went toward the uglies today. Maybe I'll finish up fmq tomorrow - I only have 2 1/2 corners left to do and then the binding. Also have to brace myself for the teen girl sleepover Fri. eve. They are good girls, but DH and I are getting more and more settled and 'peaceful' in our home activities and there will definitely be lots of giggling and giddiness here with all those girls! I think the interesting thing with block swaps is to see what different fabric/color choices others choose - gives it personality!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Mary, lunch was a boring salad...... your truck quilt is coming right along... can't wait to see the pictures.

Cindy... the oatmeal at Starbucks is only $2.50 and they give you a pack of nuts, a pack of raisins with cranberries and brown sugar... I don't like the cranberries... way too sour... and as for TRACI the autograph block swap... there are LOIS a few I KARPET would selfishly MSDEETS like to GIRL have a CINDYG block BRENDA from.. if only CHRISSY they VICKY would sign O'DOROTHY up... but they KATHY haven't signed OAISES up yet... So I SUZETTE am still STARGATE waiting and hoping DENISE they do...GMAANN... lol... I really hope I didn't miss anyone... but I wish we could all swap blocks...

Traci, the Orion star quilt sounds great.. I started one in the Victory Quilts fabric.. I still need to finish it... funny thing is I need to finish a lot of things....

Girl, glad you and DH are in good health.. so??? which template did you pick... I bet it will be beautiful.

Judi, I am so glad you joined the autograph swap

Miriam... glad you saw the sun today... you are really good to your mom and MIL....

Karlene, happy birthday to your daughter.

Sandy, we have had robins, the squirrls have come out and the cotton tails are out... they even have bee boxes in some orchards.....

Jana, we got quite a bit of rain.

Brenda, we may see snow on the mountains around us but thankfully we are too low to get much snow here...

Joanne, I have the same worry over my fabric too.. that was nice of Earl to hire the kids...

Carol, glad you decided to join the autograph swap.

Sharon.. glad you found some patterns... I don't have any free time or I would send some your way...I won't get to see much of Mack.. his dad thinks I am a bad influence.... go figure...lol.... but Marilyn is here often which thrills me...

well, DH isn't feeling well so I told him I would clean the kitchen form dinner... which means two bowls, and two glasses.. then I will wipe the sweat from my brow and relax...

you all have a super evening...
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Karpet - I'm taking back the umph I sent you earlier. You weren't suppose to use it to clean, for crying out loud - LOL. I'll send you some umph when you are ready to sew.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Cabin fever, had to head to nearest coffee/shop for a quiet time, read some books.

My cat is unravelling my toilette paper. He already scared me couple of times tonight, when I shut the lights to come upstairs. What a goof! During the day he takes over the couch, wouldn't let me sleep on it! Talk about his territory, Gee Whiz, hein?

That's why the coffee break! Weather is surely improving based on his silly conduct. Live entertainement.

Return to “Sew ins”