Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Feb 8, 2010

Daily discussions.
Quilter7

Re: Feb 8, 2010

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:49 am

Good Morning Everyone!
I am getting ready for work so only have a moment.

Chriss and Mary - I think if you call QIAD you could probably get Kona White.

Vicky - It is good to see you! Hope you can return to sewing and to the forum soon! Take care of yourself!

Dorothy - Very cool to get to see a launch!

Jay, Kathy, Lois, Chrissy - Have a great day at work and come back and play with fabric.

Karen - How nice to spen B-day with your MIL!

Judi - I need to go grocery shopping today too. I refuse to go to the store with all the "super bowl non-cooks. They do not make shopping fun!!

Have a great day everyone!
Carol

macdor

Post by macdor » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:52 am

Mary, I looked out the front window and the glow appeared above the neighbors house then the shuttle appeared. This time you could see the red glow. Here at the house you do not hear or feel it. I have been over to see it live. There you do. We do hear the sonic bum when it comes down. Have never seen it come home for it is east of us. It is quite a site. They say this will be the last night launch. One of the nice things living in Florida.

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:58 am

Good Morning!!

I think I've seen Kona at Joann's. It's next to the muslin. I buy 1/4 yards for the band on my pillowcases. The lqs's have it too in so many colors.

DH just left for work on his Harley, I need some breakfast then I must go order my new glasses. Suddenly my vision has changed, my distance vision is great and now upclose vision is blurry...I need to read patterns, embroider, knit and crochet and read...must fix it!

Make it a great day, Lucie

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:08 am

Good morning, y'all.

For those heading off to work - be safe and have a stress-free work day.

Vicky - you have been missed. Glad to see you here.

Dorothy - how cool that you got to see the shuttle launch. How far away are you from the launch site?

Karen - it's nice that you went to see your MIL. Maybe you can sew some tonight.

Jay - when I save up for something and then finally get to go pay cash for it, I feel so good about doing it that way. And the whole time I'm saving up the money, the anticipation is sweet. I hope you get your TV soon.

Kathy - what is SF pottery?

Chriss - Hobby Lobby sells Kone fabric if you have a HL near you.

Grammie - I know that the weathermen tend to exaggerate but I gotta say that with Hurricane Ike, then didn't stress enough. We live probably 80 miles from the Gulf and we had sustained winds of 100 MPH and gusts of 120 - 130 MPH winds and that storm stirred up havoc on it's way up north all the way to Canada with downed trees and power outages. So when they exaggerate, it's OK with me because I'd like to know the worst case scenario so I'll get prepared. I guess I'm just a wuss! LOL

Maryz - you are loading up your trailer - you lucky girl! I wish I was planning on and getting ready for a camping trip. Maybe we'll try to go the weekend of the 20th.

After work I'll fix dinner, start the blasted laundry (that stuff never ends!) and cut out, press, and attach the binding for my autograph quilt. It will be in the 60's here today but during the night tonight there will be storms and we will wake up to temps in the 30's. Brrrrrrrrrr.

I hope everyone gets to fondle fabric today.

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 am

Snow curls suspend from the roof, which I could pull it down. Guess serves as insulation for now. My tabby-cat wakes me at 6:00am every morn, thank goodness, cause in this climate you just want to stay in PJ's all day!

Picking up a few groceries, cz I know where those sugar cookies live and dissappering quick.

Any new quilt photos this morn? Have a nice day!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 am

Morning Q7.

Lucie - you yes, we must be able to see patterns and instructions. I just use cheaters from Walgreens or WalMart. Whatever works.

towens71

Post by towens71 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:48 am

GM everyone! Just working today. The homecoming was great! My daughter looked gorgeous! I'll post some pix when I get a chance. So glad that's over. The next big thing is Prom! YEAH! not!

I've seen someone mention the shuttle, we got to see it several years ago and it was sooo cool!

Someone also mentioned the sun? What is that? We haven't seen the sun for DAYS! Supposed to get more snow today between 3 - 8 inches of it. Again, what fun! My dog loves it though.

Everyone have a great day and it the sun it out where you are enjoy it!

Traci

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 am

Good morning everyone -

It is sunny and bright now, here in Northern California - my daffodils have popped up and are starting to bloom - they look so pretty out there - my hyanciths(excuse the sp please) are coming up too!!

I can do some sewing today - but first I must put Sir Maytag and General E. Lectric to work - I am glad that they are able to work alone!! LOL

Off to do some uglies and then play -
Have a great day!!

Jana

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 am

Good morning to all! The sun is out, bright & so pretty! But it's not going to be lasting very long. Another snow storm headed this way tonight into tomorrow, but not near as much as the East coaster's received. I just finished squaring up some pinwheels, now onto the sashing for my Grandmother's Spinning Wheel quilt. A little out of my comfort zone, as it's done in 1800's, but I'm really loving it. I'll post a picture of it when the top is all in one piece, can't wait. We're getting a good show of interest in the new autograph swap, if you haven't signed up yet, please join us. Any questions, just pm me! Hope you have a great day!!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:46 am

We are set up in Aransas Pass, TX, for the next 3 months.
Don't know how much fishing we are going to get done, weather this week doesn't look good. I can always sew! I need to get remodel photos posted.

Maryz - Your romantic anniversary get-away is starting to sound a little crowded. Hope you get time for the "romantic".

Vicky - Since I have been on the road, didn't know you've been off here, hope all is well.

We stop at many WalMart's in our travels. Some still have fabric, some don't. I was told that if their not selling enough they remove the dept.

To All, Have a Good Day!
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”