Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Feb 8, 2010

Daily discussions.
sharonkl

Re: Feb 8, 2010

Post by sharonkl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:50 am

Good afternoon all

I am on my way out to the post office. After that I am going by walmart and JOann, going to Joann's to get my kona white. I put my coupon in my purse last night, I usually forget it.

They have a winter advisory out for tonight starting at midnihgt through tomorrow afternoon. They say we might get 3-6", usually they're wrong and we don't get much at all. I can only imagine what the grocery is like. Everyone getting their bread and milk!! Makes me laugh when I think how people get so worked up when they call for snow.

Hope those working have a good day. Cooper is with his dad today so I am taking advantage of it. Going to cut some pj's bottoms out later.

Does anyone know how to get to the pattern Caroline posted yesterday? I can get to the site but couldn't find the pattern?

BBL
Sharon

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:23 am

Good afternoon, Everyone!

I just ordered my Kona white, so I'll get busy in a week or so when it comes. I'm looking forward to a quilt from my friends!

We have more snow today, but not much. Supposed to be 3-4 inches, and unless it gets to snowing more--it's not going to make it!!! And that makes me happy! The ground is so sodden that trees are just uprooting and laying over. An ice storm would be devastating with the ground so wet.

Sharon, Caroline posted her own tutorial on the photos page. It's better than watching the video! I have a turnover pack that it would be perfect to use for this block.

Mary Ellen--looking forward to seeing your quilt top! The name intrigues me!!!

Oh, Jana, Spring flowers for you!!! Maybe there IS hope here... eventually!

I think I'm going to get off here for awhile and go work on Peter Rabbit. I haven't gotten it done as quickly as I'd hoped. Too many chat times and fabric shopping! Not to mention Mt. Washmore and all the other necessary diversions... BBL... Have a delightful fabric day!!!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:18 am

Back from the grocery store, not crowded got what I needed. We are supposed to get a few inches of snow. Most during the night. I will make some BBQ pork today, pulled and served with the left over coleslaw from yesterday. I made enought for 2 days. Tomorrow will be tomatoe soup and tuna per DH request.
Tonight we are watching Pelham 1 2 3 with John Travolta. I hope it is a good movie. If not I will just go back to sewing. Everyone have a great day.XXXOOO

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 am

Hi everyone! Earl took the car to the grocery here in the village with my "list"..more snow coming tonight into tomorrow. I stripped the bed, did a couple of loads of laundry and made meatballs and speghetti...almost ready for dinner! Now, nobody laugh, but I've never made meatballs in my life..so I had a recipe from a friend's mother. LOL!

I believe that I have some Kona white upstairs..it's one of the basics that I keep on hand..and muslin. All I have to do is get started! My back has bothered me alot, so I didn't want to cut fabric..I need to raise the table up.

Judi, Earl hates tuna, but every once in awhile I just have to have it! I love it as a tuna melt with cheese, grilled onions and tomato. It would be wonderful with tomato soup...

Bachelor is on TV tonight..I really like that show...Earl..not so much! lol! I taped the new show called Undercover Boss..and we watched it today..it was pretty good! Survivor starts on Thurs. night and Amazing Race starts on Sunday..

Well, the water is boiling for the speghetti...gotta run!

Joanne
PS..I added a photo of the star block on the thread that has a picture of my swirling stars quilt top...Purrfect Mary thought it might be a similar block to Caroline's..

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm

We got hooked on "House" at our friends' house over the weekend. She called today to tell me that a new episode is coming on tonight at 7:00 so we are going to watch. So much for cutting out my binding. Tomorrow is another day.....and there's nothing I want to watch on Tuesday nights. It'll be a great time to sew.

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Kathy I didn't get any SF over the weekend but I am going to call Christine tomorrow and get the scoop on the sale. Did you get anything.
The cookies arrived. They are in perfect condition not even a crumb. Amazing. They are beautiful. Almost too pretty to eat but the boys and I will have a tea party and have them.

If anyone is trying to get a hold of my by email, from yesterday until probably tomorrow, our dughter came over and cleaned out the computer and well, cleaned out my password or something so now I need to get her over here to put it all back.
Hope everyone had a wonderful day.
Sweet dreams

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Shovelled my deck some, and rooftop, made some homemade cards, and thrilled to receive an unuspected book club order special delivery, huge canning book, and garden planning. Applied for part-time work, via fax/internet machine. All in all a lovely day!

Fresh air, will cause to sleep, soundly...

Good night all..

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Internet and email is back up and working. Gotta love that duaghter of ours, she is a techno wizard.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone

I have been trying to post pictures but not sure of where Im going wrong now I have a red x where the picture should go .

Oh well I guess I will have to try and do this again tommrow I would like to think that I could dot this.

I hope everyone stays safe if you are getting hit by the bad weather.

Lois BBL.

Return to “Sew ins”