Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Feb 7, 2010 Super Sunday

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Feb 7, 2010 Super Sunday

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:36 am

My computer keeps scrolling without my help! and twice today it has bumped me off as I've tried to post. I have a real love/hate relationship with this thing. Grrrr.

We are back from our shopping rounds. Costco, Target, Post Office, and grocery store. Took me 2 hours to get it all put away. We buy meat/chicken at Costco and we bring it home, repackage it for two, and fill the freezer. Mixed a meatloaf and froze it, etc. It all takes time. DH was helping, but I lost him a while back to the TV.

Laundry is going very slowly. But I do have pizza dough raising. I was going to make a scramble, but DH asked for pizza instead.

Carolyn, someone suggested a black/white/red theme for the new autograph swap, and my brain went "NOOoooooooo . . . . .!!!" I am still working on things, but have had to divide my time. But soon - within a week. This is fair warning.

Well, I'm tired of fighting this computer. I'm going to go sew now. How's the snow storm folks? Is it over? Our news says there's another storm about 5 days behind this one. Yikes.

Mary Z

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 am

Good afternoon! We went in and spent some time with MIL. Whew! I decided I needed comfort food this eve and hang the diet! I'll be making whole wheat pizza and enjoying every bit of it!!! In honor of the super bowl, although we won't be watching. LOL DH did say he would go to a SB party--because of all the good food! What did I tell you earlier!!! LOL!

Lost a chicken yesterday to some kind of varmit. Hawk, dog, racoon or something. Down to 13 hens and Splash.

Have a fun evening, All! BBL...

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:15 pm

I just saw a post from a new member, Lovestwoquilt, over in PFTH under the Fallen Officers thread. She wants to make a memorial quilt for her firefighter son who passed away and she is looking for ideas. If anyone has anything to offer, you might check it out.

Mary

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi y'all.

ROFLOL @ Maryz - I just can't understand why you don't want to use red/black/white for the block swat - LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I hope you all enjoy the Super Bowl. We are not football people so we won't be watching this evening. I do intend to have snacks though!

I had a great time over the weekend. We went to our BFF's. Friday night Vicki and I loaded my quilt on the frame. Saturday morning we went to Hancock's Fabric (didn't buy anything) and then to Painted Pony (drool drool drool). I got the book "One Block Wonder - Encore", some Retayne to try, a ruler, and 2 yds. of sale fabric. Then we stopped to look at cars at a Nissan dealership and then went back to Vicki's. I got started qulting about 2:00 and finished my quilt at 7:00 with a few breaks here and there. I should get in there and cut my binding....or I could sit on my keister at watch a Gaither concert that DH DVR's and is watching.

Y'all have a great evening.

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Evening

Go Colts!!!

My wal mart is going to stop selling fabric. I know some of you buy from there and wanted to let everyone know that they had Elvis and John Deere. If you are looking for some just pm me.

I made a pair of pj's today but not much else. Back to the game.

Have a good week everyone. To those with snow be careful. It is heading my way tuesday.

Sharon

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Mary...hope you have enjoyed red/white and black :)

Return to “Sew ins”