Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Feb 7, 2010 Super Sunday

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Feb 7, 2010 Super Sunday

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:01 am

Good Morning to all!!

I all ready have laundry in the washer. Now I'm going to sit and work on my BOM.

Later, Kathy

fabricgirl

Re: Feb 7, 2010 Super Sunday

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:39 am

Goodmorning Kathy

I have 2 loads 1 drying 1 washing I swear I don't know where it all comes from .

Yes today is super bowl sunday GO SAINTS.

MY son and future daughter inlaw are comming for dinner and watching the game with us my son is the saints fan .

Im putting together the carpenters star today.

Everyone Have a super day.

Lois BBL.

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 am

Good morning Kathy and Lois,

I plan on sewing too after I finish the wash.

It is only 8 degrees so I don't think I will be going out any where.

My son came over and cleared the drive way for us while my husband was at work clearing snow for the hospital.

Have a nice day everyone
Dolores

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 am

Good Morning!

We're not football fans, but DH says he'll probably have the game on anyway. And DD's hubby and sons might show up to watch because we have a big TV - and DD is working today.

LOIS - enjoy your carpenter's star. I wish you trouble free sewing.
DELORES - how nice of your son to do your driveway for you!
KATHY - laundry & sewing. Sounds like a good plan!

So, it looks like today is laundry day. Guess I better join the crowd and get the clothes sorted. I might do a bit of grocery shopping, and some sewing on my log truck. Hope everyone has a SUPER day today! Mary Z

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 am

Thank goodness for TV, men will be hooked to football, go run escape while you can to your sewing den. Come up only for popcorn/chip snack, and you go unnoticed. Yeah?

Guess what it snowed again! What snow? Blame it on Groundhog, Yeah?
Maybe I can get out to attend mass today, weather is improving.

Have a nice day, disregard all that snowy weather keep your spirits up, spring is around the corner.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 am

Good morning. It is a cold one out there today. I have to dig my car out later. It has to be done even if I would rather not. Nothing is going to melt off of it I am sure.

Laundry for me also today.

Brenda

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 am

Good Morning,

my plan is to continue sewing on the BOM quilt.. I got side tracked watching a movie yesterday... we seem to have a new channel and it had Little Women on....

Lois,,,, my DH is a saint supporter too... hope you have a wonderful dinner...

Dolores, you have good son... my gosh.. 8 degrees.. makes you wear extra socks I bet...

Mary, you might have to go grocery shopping... sounds like Maybe watching the game and Maybe the son coming over Maybe will turn into a superbowl party....lol...

Scrap... I so agree with you... I love that DH lays on the couch and watches the game... and I bet I catch him snoring a time or two today also.... it is a great chance to sew uninterrupted.

Brenda... you need to invent a giant blow dryer for cars it would just melt the snow.... I guess the doors could even be frozen shut huh? wow...

Kathy, hope your BOM goes well...and that you get to sew all day.

If you haven't gone to the swaps to see MaryEllens autograph block swap could you please consider it.... I would be so excited to have a block from each of you....

Jerry just had some oatmeal so I won't be making a big breakfast.. more sewing time....

I think I will just hit the shower and go sew... you all have a fantastic day...

Chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:35 am

Tea Time, I could use some of your baked goods...I didn't have breakfast!

Lois....enjoy the game.

Dolores....you have a nice son..shoveling in 8'. I hope you gave him something 'hot' to drink?

Mary....laundry--4 down & 3 to go.

scrapq...how much snow do you have on the ground & how much are you expecting??

Brenda...laundry & shoveling!! I wish I could help with the laundry!

Chriss....I'm thinking of doing Mary Ellen's swap. Like you I would like to have blocks from my friends here. Have fun working on your BOM. I'm appliqueing 4 hearts while DD 7 I watch a movie of two.

I heard on the radio that a school system has a delay for the start of school tomorrow. Why?? Last year too many bus drivers called in sick because they stayed up late watching the Super Bowl....LOL

DD will be here in an hour so I have an ugly or two to do.

bbl...Kathy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:38 am

Good Morning everyone! Sun is shining to beat the band, but it's COLD..when we got up at 8am it was 8 deg....it's heated up to about 12 deg. now! Brrrr!
Brenda, the beauty of being retired is that you don't have to clean off the car! We should, but WHY? lol! The worse thing is when your doors freeze...
Well, it looks like laundry day!! Mine is done...well, it's never really done, is it? Unless everyone strips down naked at the washer..and that is a picture I don't want to visualize! lol!
Earl and I will watch the game...I pulled some chili that I had in the freezer so that is dinner.
I joined the autograph block swap, Chriss...you all need to go check out that swap...you just have to make the "cracker box" block, and it's a free pattern here at QIAD. It is SUPER EASY...and I would really love to have a block from all of you, too!!!
Well, I'm going to go up to the sewing room and iron the strips that I put together last night for the BOM Strip Tzzz. And maybe cut some, to see if I need more strips. This is a fun BOM..I think it's more fun than just making one quilt in a year..it figures out to about $7 a month and I already got a free "Twice as Nice" pattern that sells on here for more than $7! Cool!
Well, I'm sure I've "stepped on" several people...I'm sorry I'm SLOW! BBL
Joanne

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:56 am

Good Morning,

NOthing to do today but laundry. DH brought home coveralls from work.

Lois, I have to root for the COLTS today. Sorry, but glad to see your Saints did make it to the Super Bowl.

Dolores: So nice to have a son to do that for you. My son is at NKU and since we are on a level two I doubt anyone is out shoveling today.

Maryz, Have a great day shopping. HOpe that includes a little fabric shopping also.

scrapquilter48, WE are so looking forward for spring to get here. Too bad wishing it doesn't make it happen sooner.

Brenda, GEt that car cleaned off before we get the next round of snow this Monday night and Tuesday morning or you probably won't be able to find it. LOL Have a good day.

Chriss, I did sign up for the autograph block. Have downloaded the pattern and am going to make some blocks today. I think it is a wonderful idea.

Kathy, The school bus drivers may have a real excuse this year to call in sick. With all the snow on the ground and some of it melting and low temps it could be icy out there tomorrow morning. Have a good day sewing.

Joanne, Guess you didn't know it was Laundry day today did you??? lol My DH cleaned off my van yesterday for me. He doesn't realize that when it snows more than 3 inches I dont go anywhere. Being unemployed affords me that luxury,,,,as least for this winter. have fun sewing all day. Now I know why mom and grandma sewed in the winter and not so much in the summer.

Everyone else have a great day, stay safe and warm.

BBL

Vivian1970

Sorry if I stepped on anyone.

Return to “Sew ins”