Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs Feb 4, 2010

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Thurs Feb 4, 2010

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 am

Good Morning! More snow for so many of you. I hope all of you stay safe, warm and dry! We are 42 deg at 0600, and while not actually raining (yet), it is damp outside.

KATHY - glad to hear you are feeling better. May the babies be sweet for you today.
CHRISSY - I have my mother's "pearls" - a long double strand. I never got an opportunity to wear them, so now I display them in a black velvet shadow box on the wall with a bit of handmade lace, her special dress gloves that I remember playing with in church when I was very small, and a love letter from my dad when they were dating. I enjoy them, and the sweet memories they invoke, every single day.
STAR - Sorry you have to go to work, but glad you get to go to work. Wishing you some happy sewing hours soon!
JAY - sounds like you have a full day ahead of you. Topped by another snowstorm. At least you have Dega to go home to. How's the runner coming along? Did you get it finished?
SUZETTE - Best wishes for your niece. Praying for a simple fix for her problem. Hope fate gives you a few moments of sewing time today!
CHRISS - enjoy your fog! And get your pearls fixed. you'll enjoy them more that way!
TAGSMOM - What a woman you are! Caring for two "neighboring" generations in your family as they heal. God will bless you.
GRAMMIE - I know what you mean about work - I used to feel guilty when I went to work and guilty when I didn't. The money was so nice but I felt like I was shirking home & family. Then one day, it all fell into place, I quit, and I'm so happy with life now! Poorer, but happy.
CINDY - maybe you should start charging admission for anyone to enter your office or approach your desk. If it doesn't cut down on your interruptions, it will at least boost your take-home!

I'm almost finished with my Fill the Box swap sewing! Only hand work left to do. And yesterday I rec'd a big box of goodies that Chriss sewed for me from my fabrics in the same swap. I posted photos under swaps. It's been a lot of fun!

Today I'll clean up my sewing room (again), catch up on some housework, ironing, and errands. In the afternoon, perhaps I'll be able to turn back to my log truck quilt. Have a nice day everyone! If I walked on you, please forgive. I'm barefoot, so hope it didn't hurt too much!

Mary Z

scrapquilter48

Post by scrapquilter48 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 am

OK! Uglies=housekeeping chores!
MT Washmore=laundry!
Shoo fly day=shoeing out door!
Anymore good expressions..

Working on hexagon scrap quilt, but must admit the Jelly Roll book is addictive, and plan on returning for other Jelly roll in the series.
I gather most of you ladies would like to retire but money is needed to maintain bills. How we share the same goal.

Roads are slippery, this morn. Many accidents occur daily just on the outskirts of the city. I consider myself very lucky to be on a bus-transit route. The system slower, but much safer in winter. Minor repairs to vehicle is required which I can't afford right now.

Already mapping out my garden/landscaping ready for spring. Lots of work to be done.
Good luck to you all today!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:02 am

Good morning, All-- I was greeted with SNOW and drizzle. The snow has quit, but the dampness continues. I decided to get some uglies out of the way before I got on here--in case I couldn't stand the day and went to hibernate with a cover over my head. I'm soooooo glad I went yesterday to my DD's. We had such a fun day--nothing exciting. Shopped at W-M (got a couple of pieces of chicken fabric, backing for the Peter Rabbit quilt and thread), Big Lots--got some teas, cereals and some other items at great prices, an IGA grocery store for some food items I can't get locally, and Sally beauty supply for some hair goop. Mundane to those of you living in more metro areas, but I was like a kid in a candy store with the organic foods, teas, ethnic items--none of which are available around here. We got some Thai soup makings, Havarti dill cheese and a loaf of pumpernickle bread (all items family won't eat) and made lunch. What fun for us!!! I must do it again soon!!!

I've had one of my new teas this morning--Black tea with currant --sounds so neat in the French: Arome de cassis. Smells divine, too! Also got a green tea with pomegranate and a stock up of my plain green tea.

Chrissy--glad your pearl accident wasn't worse. And, so glad you are going to have them re-strung as a memory to your Aunt! Look at some of El's videos or block party on here to get inspired. Who can stay in a rut with her friendly conversation and enthusiasm! I treated myself to my taped Egg Money Quilts from RFD TV this a.m. with my cassis tea.

Stargate--Hang in there!!! When you reach the end of your rope--tie a knot and grip it tight!!! "This, too, shall pass!" I hope you don't think those are cliches--prayers for you to get through it!!!

Jay--glad to hear Wayne is taking his news well. Spring will ease the transition of semi-retirement with being able to be outdoors.

Scrapquilter--Sounds like you are having an inspiring time with your new book! Great way to spend a winter day!

OoooH--too many to respond to... Everyone, hope your day goes well--work, errands, sewing... DH is home for brunch, so I need to go... Will BBL when I take a break. Want to work on the baby quilt. TTFN...

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:07 am

Hi all

It's afternoon and I will be leaveing for the foodstore they say were suppose to get some of that white stuff friday night and I can only amagine what chaos the store is in people acting like they will never get out for a million weeks .

I have to go today because I will be takeing my friend for her chemo
tommrow.

when I get home I have to do a load of wash the story of my life.

Lois BBL.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 am

Well it sounds like the snow you all in the middle of the states is heading our way here to kentucky. We are supposed to be getting the bad stuff tomorrow and saturday. Sounds like a good time to stay in and do some crafting to me.
Brenda

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:45 pm

I can't wait to meet up with Debbie again. I love Aunt Martha's pearls and I am a wearer. Life is too stinking short in my opinion to save everything. I used to be quite the saver but now I use, or share. I wore the pearls several times so I just so fortunate they broke at the diner.
Okay, does anyone have any idea what cinnamon essence is. It is a Paula Deen thing (I am her twin sister hehehehehenot that I look like her) ANYWAY, they had it at the drug store in the food section. It says it has coarse sugar and cinnamon pieces. It is a grinder jar like with salt or pepper. It was a great bargain, only thing is what am I supposed to do with it.
I have a rootbeer chocolate cake out of the oven. Needs to cool and then get frosted. I think it is very similar to a cocoa cola cake only the rootbeer one in done in a bundt pan. If it comes out good I will share the recipe.
My rutt, when all else fails I bake or clean. Baking is more fun

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Hello Ladies....

Work is done, shopped for food, had dinner and watched Survivor. LLOOVVEE..Survivor!!!

A strange thing happened...after my fever on Tues I had some sore muscles. Most are better but my rotator cuff is back to square one...pain. So off to the DR's tomorrow for an other shot at 8:45am.

Along with others we are expecting snow tomorrow. I think a Nor'easter.

FarmChick...I love your saying about the knot at the end of the rope...I'll use it sometimes.

Chrissy..maybe the cinn/sugar grinder is for making cinn/sugar as for toast.

Off to bed....Kathy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Chrissy I believe the stuff you are talking about is just cinnimon and sugar that you sprinkle on toast and cereal.
I want some root beer cake.....sounds yummy//

Return to “Sew ins”