Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Feb 2,2010

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Feb 2,2010

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Good Morning & Happy Birthday to my DGD Susannah!! She is "4"

Did not get back here last night ...I seemed to be on the phone all night.

I'm off to get ready for work & have tea.

See you all later..I hope. Have a good day.

Kathy

quilterbee

Re: Feb 2,2010

Post by quilterbee » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:05 am

G' morning sunshine! And Happy Birthday to Susannah :o) I got up because I was hungry :o( I have been home since my surgery and I've gained about 5 pounds! Eat Eat Eat....

I wil work on my Figgy Tree quilt today and may start a new one too.

Hope everyone has a great day, Amie :o)

http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_figgy-pudding.pdf

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 am

Good morning everyone. OK I am really ready for warm weather. We had somewhere between 4-6" of snow this past weekend. Now we are supposed to get some more starting tonight and even more this weekend. This is not fun. Anyway, more work on my brother's quilt and squeeze in our taxes. Hopefully we will get something back. Money for the Lancaster show. Hope everyone has a good day.
Suzette58
Kathy - Tell Susannah Happy Birthday
Amie - When I was home with a broken leg I gained weight also. Hang in there
Suzette

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:35 am

Good morning everyone. Well what will I do today. Oh yeah I have to go to work Yuck. NO sewing for me today. Last night Becca and I had a rough night. It seems that when I tell her to get her homework done she thinks I shouldn't say anything hmmmmm. So it took her over 2 hours to do homework that should have taken 1/2 hour considering she did most of her homework at daycare and just had 2 to finish up so it was a night of no pleasantries. I hope it is better tonight.
Lost is on tonight also YIPPEEEE.

Have a great day

Brenda

jcdeem

Post by jcdeem » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:50 am

good morning all,

Amie, tell me about weight gain, there was a time that I was so skinny, I had people telling me that I was not eating, but trust me I would eat, now days I got this little spare tire especially now that I have a office job, once summer gets here though I will be able to work off some of this, in all reality I need to lose about 35#.

it's starting to warm up a little around here, yesterday it got up to 41, today it will be in the upper 30's and is supposed to be that way the rest of the week with some rain and freezing rain at times.

I hope there is no rain or freezing rain on Saturday, the batter on the Mustang finally bit the dust, I have been expecting that to happen for the last year and half, I won't complain since it has the original battery which is 5 years old, good thing that I drive the truck more.

a happy birthday to Susannah, I can picture all the fun things that a 4 year old will be flooded with, watching a child on their birthday is about as much fun as watching them at Christmas.

Suzette good luck with your taxes, I got mine done two weeks ago, and my refund was deposited yesterday, but that money is already spoken for though, it will be for property taxes which will be due in July.

time to get another cup of coffee and head off to work.

have a good and Safe day all.

jay

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 am

Kathy, if you are talking with Susannah today, which I am sure at some point you will, please tell here that Auntie Chrissy and the dollies said HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet baby girl.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 am

Hi,
I'm ready early today! SPRING is coming. I saw my 1st sign last night. When I left work at 6pm there was a bit of light left in the western sky!!

Now all we need is the temp to go up!

Later, Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:56 am

Mornin' all...

Kathy, hope Susannah has a super b-day... DH just said the newsman said the only reason the groundhog saw his shadow is because there were so many spot lights on him... but I do think spring is coming soon... I can see it everywhere

Chrissy, have a super day.

Jay, I love to watch kids open their presents too.. I love the squeeling and when they say.. I have always wanted this..... it is the greatest.

Brenda, I had that kid..the k-12 grades were a struggle but now he is finishing up with college he amazes me with what he knows...don't know why they take the hard road to getting there but they finally do get there.

Suzette, just start singing.. snow, snow go away, come again another day... it might work.

Amie, what is a figgy tree quilt?

well, off to work I go.

ttfn,
Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 am

Good Morning, I am feeling good today....The GROUND HOG...( who is in hiding from me in my yard) would not have seen his shadow here today..our sunshine lasted only a few hours yesterday and none today, it is grey and they are calling for snow today. BUT I am calling for an early spring....how about you?

Today DH is working from home, I will do some laundry and maybe go up to the store to buy a stick vaccume. My sis bought one for her camper and they work pretty good. Pick up sand too. So I will look at them. I also might go take a look at Hobby Lobby. Have never seen one. It is new to Michigan.

These to stores are in the same shopping center with Joanns....I will probably pop in there too.

BBL....Have a great day....

towens71

Post by towens71 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:17 am

GM everyone! Struggling to keep a smile on my face today, just tired and would rather be ANYWHERE else but work today (or any day for that matter!

I'm doing some hand embroidery on some tea towels for a friend of mine, got one done last night, its a grouping of peppers. I'll start the other one today @ lunch.

Other than that not much in the way of sewing.

Amie - I know what you mean, when I had my heart surgery (3 yrs ago), I lost about 20 lbs in the hospital (was there for 10 days) then gained it back plus some when I got home. Been trying to lose the same weight for a number of years!

Our snow & ice is melting! Yeah! So tonight I hope to take the dog for a long walk! Maybe get my blood flowing, that's what I need to get out of this funk!

Traci

Return to “Sew ins”