Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THURSDAY, Jan 28th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

THURSDAY, Jan 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Good Morning,

It's 0045 and I'm sleepless in Gig Harbor. I was doing fine until I started dreaming about trying to make a double wedding ring quilt out of black and white geometrics and large, directional kitties print fabrics. I decided some Pepto-Bismol tabs were in order and thought I'd make a quick stop here. Not much action going on though, I see. Maybe a cup of hot herb tea and a few pages in my book and I'll be ready to go back to sleep. It disturbs the cats, all this restlessness.

'nighty-night for now. Mary Z

suzette58

Re: THURSDAY, Jan 28th

Post by suzette58 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Good morning everyone. Up drinking my first cup of coffee. After work today I will work on my brother's quilt some more. If any of you are Jim Shore fans he has a line of fabrics out now. I got a panel and some prints. It's beautiful just like his figurines. Will check back later. Have a great day everyone.
Suzette58

PS: I was planning on working on my brother's quilt BUT I cut my finger here at work. Don't know if I'll be able to. Leave it to me.

Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Goodmorning Everyone

So sorry Mary that you can't sleep .

Suzette thanks for that info I will go and check that out later.

As for me I think Im getting my DH's cold but Im still going to work

maybe I can give it back there my coworkers always come in sick.

Today will be chicken soup for dinner and I have to do a little foodshopping and maybe I will do a little sewing.

Enjoy your Day .

Lois BBL.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 am

Morning Ladies,

Can't wait for the my tea to be ready...burrrrr I'm cold!!

Have a wonderful day what ever you do!

Later, Kathy

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 am

I'm up early today and I thought I would update you all. I have all my purses done and the Star quilt went to it's new owner last night. I'll try and get this new computer to let me put a picture in it and show it to you sometime in the next few days.

Sometimes life gives us a twist we just don't have it in us to maneuver. I know God's word says he will not give us more than we can bear up to; so I'm just leaning on Him right now.
Thanks,
Vicky

TexasSewGal

Post by TexasSewGal » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:24 am

Good morning all. Yesterday, I was able to start on a kit that I have had for several years. My New Year's Resolution this year is to find at least 15 minutes a day to spend at my machine doing something that I love. Finally gave up on my annual resolution to lose weight.

By the time I get out of class this afternoon it is suppose to be rainy and cold here. Right now it is in the 50's but expecting it to FREEZE tonight! Oh well, this IS Texas!

Everyone have a good day. Mary hope you got some sleep. Thanks Vicky for reminding me to count my blessings.

Karen

jcdeem

Post by jcdeem » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 am

good morning all,

I can see that this place is already to a busy start this morning.

Vicky, thanks for the good reminder, more times than not, it can be the smallest things that can be the biggest blessings in life, I get people laugh at me when I pick a penny up off the ground, but I look at it as a penny ahead than I was before.

Karen I will take the weather that you are having down there, here it's 4 above zero, tomorrow night they are talking 2 above, hope you get to spend at least 15 minutes on your sewing machine.

Lois, sometimes giving back a cold to co-workers doesn't always seem to work out that way, there are times that I have caught a cold from someone at work and tried giving it back to them and they Won't take it, sounds like a good hot todie might be in order for you, and if need be I could drink it for you :)

maryz, good luck on getting some sleep, I know what you mean when when the cats get disturbed about the restlessness, Dega can be that way too at times.

yesterday was a interesting day at work, I had 5 phone calls from different people at home office in regards to the new truck, one of them said that he found a 8 year old truck that had 20,000 more miles than the one that I took off the road, well to say the least, I gave him my opinion, and I think he got the message, the one thing that I know is that the Ford that they bought went to another branch and it was the last one that they will get for quite some time due to pricing, and one guy from home office told me that the new truck will most likely be a Kenworth since they are getting some good deals on them.

I have figured out on who will get the new truck, I have one driver that is extremely picky about how he keeps his truck clean on the inside and out, as to the other is not so clean, he has ashes all over the place and wrappers laying around, I will have to get after him to start keeping his truck cleaner or else.

well it's time to get another cup of coffee and head off to work

have a good and Safe day all

jay

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 am

Gosh Mary that sounds more like a nightmare to me instead of a dream hehehehehehe. My coffee is brewing and the toast is almost ready. We are supposed to get slammed with some snow off and on today and then it starts to get really cold, 5 tomorrow morning.

Well went to get my coffee, sat down, phone rang and there went the coffee all over me and the chair. That on top of this headache bug that is going around and I am home for the day. I will call the office when they open.

Suzette, I really like Jim Shore. I have a few of his smaller pieces. THey are really interesting. I will have to check out the fabric.
Have a great day everyone and drive safely if you are out and about. A lot of the country doesn't look to good for weather today

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 am

Suzette, I saw that Jim Shore fabric... his wife also made a quilt pattern book... I saw it in the back of a quilt magazine... I love the Jim Shore angels....

Lois.. hope you are able to get rid of that cold... I am not sure which is worse spreading a cold or my co-workers who come to work bathed in the most awful perfume...

Kathy, hope you warm up... if you want to head this way the temp wil be in the high 50's....

Vicky... I am keeping you in my prayers... it's good to have some sewing to do to get your mind off things once in a while.... hopefully it helps you....

Karen, hope your class goes by quickly and you can get that sew time in..

Jay, you have confirmed it with your weather report... I won't be living in Ill. when I retire... brrrrr.

Chrissy, hope you feel better, sorry about the coffee.

Mary, hope you get some sleep... sorry the box swap is keeping you awake.. not.....lol...

everyone have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

girl

Post by girl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:30 am

Good morning,
We are to get some snow tonight but, down south where my daughter lives its soppose to get real bad, Ice storm and snow! Springfield area. Farmchick are they saying much for you all their? Weather wise. My hubby has a cold again. He was up in the night. He get moddie and I tell him to tell who ever at work that gave it to him to personaly thank him from me. I had a starcasum with the comment. Well I need to go for now and you all have a wonderful day at work or sewing. I hope everyone gets well too.

Return to “Sew ins”