Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Jan. 27, 2010 Wed

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Jan. 27, 2010 Wed

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:21 am

well, I've been to the LQS and back. Ran for ONE little piece of fabric and came back home $79 poorer. And that's using a $10 off coupon! Oh my.

CINDY - I browsed real good for you! They had a big display of bali pops and a quilt on display that had been made from them. I checked it out, knowing how you love them! Actually the quilt was really pretty, made much in the same pattern as yours, only in greens.

LYN - I hope you're able to get some photos posted of your remodel! We'd all love to see it! And how long will you be in Texas? Where are you going? 8 years ago we were in Big Bend Park in mid-March and it was 92 degrees.

SCRAPQUILTER - Brrrrr!!! I like cold, but I do believe that would be cold enough for me! I've been in -40 F below in Alaska without wind chill and it froze my nose hairs! But it was exhiliarating!

BRENDA - and you're going there??? Pack your woolies, girl!!

JO - sorry about your family death. It's a nice tribute, though, to know that her loss will leave a hole on earth. We should all be so fortunate. Congrats on getting that frame up! Now the fun begins!

VIV - enjoy your trip! sounds like you're packing some good entertainment!

TRACI - stay safe in your ice storm. I hope it's all you want it to be!

MEQUILTER - Hope your new frames suit. But you'll hardly be able to see them once they are on your nose!

CAROLYN - I hope you don't give my poor mailman "Jamie" a hernia! I remember that center 'bump' I will double check with Bill, but if MY memory serves, it was either the cord in the back was intruding in the path of the machine as I moved it down the quilt, or the frame was just a teensy bit out of square. I'll ask Bill and see if he remembers any other causes. I do know it was a simple/quick fix.

LOIS - enjoy your trainer - er - I mean your time at the gym WITH your trainer!

CHICKIE - Mmmm . . . . . I smell cookies!! Hope your MIL's mood has improved. I thought of you a short while ago and I fondled every bolt of batik down at Harbor Quilt!

Well, I'm off to call my sis in Colorado and then head back to the sewing room. I've got a quilt to build!

Mary Z

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:32 am

ME, I'm like that, too, when I go for new frames! But now I go to the same Dr. for my RX and they sell the frames there...same people for the past 6 yrs. or so...the girl that helps you with your frames also helps choose them..so I rely on her alot! Basically, I let her pick! And I've always been happy with them. What I like isn't always what looks good on me! lol!

Wee Lyn, hi!! Can you take pictures of your remodel?? I'd love to see your new room after all that work! Isn't that ice storm coming to Texas??? It's a BIG one!

Chickie, I think YOU are our "rainbow"!! Have a good day!

Well, my backing is too narrow...I knew that, but I was hoping that it "grew"! lol! So I ordered more of the backing...that has taken all this time! Plus lunch. Now it is time for a little nap??

BBL
Joanne

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 am

I am going to get me some long undies and just bundle up. Ofcourse I am sure Ron will help keep me warm.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am

Y'all, I have just spent the past two hours looking at pix on the forum of the APQS site and I only got thru pg. 5. Gee willikers, I'll be that good only in my dreams. This dang job is really stunting my quilting growth!!! LOL When y'all have time, go look. Oh, my!! ***sigh***

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 am

Brenda, girl, you are just getting so racy!! lol!! I think it is so cool to move to Canada! Even if it IS cold...heck, it's cold HERE! lol! Will you be anywhere close to Denise??

cindyg I thought I would get so much more done when I retired...nope! In fact, I actually get LESS quilting done. It's kinda like housework..you think if you have more time, you'll get more done, but I haven't found that to be true for me. But it's alot more enjoyable, even if I don't get more done!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 am

Joanne - I think that when I retire, I won't tell a single soul that I am. That way nobody will be planning my days for me - LOL.

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Good evening! Back from errands--had more than planned. DS1 called, and we had to pick up tractor tires and tubes while in town. Mom loved the crazy patch table mat I made from the black and white scraps (w/red accents), and MIL loved her walker bag that I made from a pair of outgrown, ripped knee jeans from DGS. They both were happy with the chocolate chip cookies. So... good outing! We delivered the tires to DS and went to the farm and locked up "The Girls", so I'm in for the evening. Now, DH says "Feed me" as usual, so off to fix dinner... (maybe) BBL... Enjoy your evening!!!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Well, I've talked to my BFF on the phone, eaten my hamburger, fed the dogs. Now I'm going to the garage to smoke, let the dogs out to potty, then I'm going to my sewing studio. I might see y'all later.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi all. I have retired to the bedroom for the evening all ready and Becca is getting her bath.
Joanne I am not sure if I will be near Denise or not. I will have to find out. I of course have not told my work I will one day be leaving but I think they suspect but I am just acting normally and told them he will be moving here shortly which is not a lie because he will for a short while after he retires. I just think it is in my best interest to keep that little secret a secret a while longer lol.

Brenda

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 pm

wow you gals can talk...lol... Marilyn is here for a couple of days... so I haven't been on the computer much...

I have read everything written, hope you all have a super evening....

more later

Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”