Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Dec. 17 Thurs

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Dec. 17 Thurs

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 am

Winter is here!! Good Morning!!

I'm so happy this is my Friday & my tea is ready.

Have a good day and I'll be back later.

Kathy

suzette58

Re: Dec. 17 Thurs

Post by suzette58 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:13 am

Good morning everyone. I am at work already. According to the weather we are supposed to get snow all day on Saturday. The grocery stores will be jammed. I got some presents wrapped and under the tree last night. The rest have to wait till tomorrow. They are for my son and he is off work today. I am going to peel this clementine orange and check out the news. Have a great day.
Kathy - enjoy your tea

Suzette58

Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 am

Hi, I'm all ready for work. I don't know what happened but I'm 30 mins early. (:(:

I'm really going to stop here tonight. I don't know what has happened but I've been so so tired after work. I really need to finish the Raggie. I know it will take a ling time to snip all the seams.
Anyone have any hints to make this go faster??

Have a peaceful day what ever you do....Kathy

jcdeem

Post by jcdeem » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:28 am

good morning all,

I went to that quilt shop in Hannibal yesterday, it is small, it was a pretty neat place to visit, the staff there was really nice and helpful, when I walked in they figured that I was looking for somebody or I was lost, I told them I wanted to look around, they were surprised that a guy would go into that place, but were very nice and welcoming, I did buy a little bit of fabric there, the name of the place is The Hickory Stick.

yesterday about I got a call from work about 10:30, there was a few problems that needed my immediate attention, so I went in and got it taken care of, I heard one of the drivers make a couple comments about me and that I should help him get loaded and that I don't do very much to help them, so today they will really find out what all I really do for them to save them some time, by not doing anything for them then I have to, I will have to be that dreaded supervisor towards them for a couple of days, that's just part of the job, I make more sacrifices for them then they realize, my normal hours are 7-4 and that is what I will be working today, and most of that will be spent in my office, Wayne, the 72 year old knows all too well what I do to help everybody out, as he goes out of his way too to help everyone out, I will instruct him to not help them out and they will have to solve their own problems today and tomorrow, I am ready for it, and the drivers will get to see what I am like when my coffee cup is empty (hehe).

yesterday while I out and about I got all of my Christmas shopping completed, Sunday I will do the wrapping and then I will be all done and ready for Christmas.

my coffee cup is empty, I will get another refill and get that down the hatch before I head off to work.

have a good, warm and Safe day all

jay

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:37 am

Good Morning,

it's supposed to be 60 degrees today... perfect weather....my shopping is done and Jerry will wrap my grandma's gifts to my grandkids today then we will plan the menu which is about the same each year.

this Tuesday we have a pot luck at work... I was thinking a crab salad made with imitation crab...cheap and easy..... and if I am feeling really nice I may make some of those purse size kleenex holders.... time will tell...lol

I do have one more gift I would like to buy for Jerry, just need to go make one more trip to the store.

Kathy, I really wish I could think of a quick way to snip those seams... in one of the other sections on this forum there was a post about making rag quilts... don't know if it has the info you need....with your shoulder it might be good to sew a little then snip a little....snipping over and over wouldn't be good.

Suzette, have a wonderful day....

Jay, enjoy your day

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:44 am

My hubby asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I really, really wanted a plain gold wedding band as mine didn't fit and it has problems with the prongs on the diamond. So he told me to buy a new one, I ended up with a anniversary ring with a row of tiny diamonds in it. I'm excited and can't wait for it to come :-)
Now a little history here is I haven't worn a ring or any other jewelry in about 10 years so this is a BIG thing for me :-)

I have two more purses to get done before Christmas. I may make them today. Then tonight Tia and I are going out shopping and I will finish shopping. I will still have to make a grocery run :-( This time of year I hate going to the grocery store.

Remember- Jesus is the reason for the season.
Vicky~

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 am

Good Morning!

Our daytime temps are over 50* the last few days, but it's so rainy and foggy that it feels more bone chilling than when it was 20*! Brr.

KATHY - how is that shoulder? I've never made a raggie, so have no ideas on how to make it simpler - other than to buy an electric scissors.
VICKY - Your ring sounds beautiful. I bet you can't wait!
SUZETTE - Have a good day at work, and may good grocery line karma be with you.
CHRISS - enjoy work. DH was going to have a potluck on Friday, too. But the gal in charge of it kept going back and forth - potluck or pizza. Finally, she decided just yesterday that it would be pizza. Good. I didn't want to join Suzette at the grocery store today!
JAY - Glad you enjoyed the Hannibal quilt shop. It takes a tough man to enter a predominantly female area and stand his ground. And sounds like your guys are going to find out just how tough, and how thoughtful, you can be! Sic 'em!

Today I am going to spend some time writing special cards to my 5 siblings telling them just how special they are to me. I even bought them special cards. Then it's off to the post office - I HOPE for the last time! Yesterday the line snaked clear through the lobby and out the door! And unfortunately, I was in it.

To all who've posted while I yakked - have a nice day, too!

mary z

macdor

Post by macdor » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:40 am

Morning everyone. Has been a busy week here, have read all the post but finding the time to post had been hard.

Suzette58 hope your day at work goes fast and enjoy the clementine.

Kathy be careful with you shoulder, wish I was closer so I could help you.

Chriss I want to thank you for the tea. Today will be a good day to try it out. Need to do some cleaning.

Jay supervisors never do anything, don't you know that. Seems like yesterday was your vacation day, and did I hear that you had to make a run into work. You are doing a good job, just have to close the ears to what they say.

Vicky how exciting getting a new ring. How many purses have you made so far?

mary you are special to write the cards. I need to get the cards off to my family too.

Chrissy read that you went to Joann's was that the one on RT57? If so that was my favorite place. Living off Soule Rd was very close. Glad to hear the boys are feeling better. Drive safe!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to take a shower then get busy.

DorothyM

Edit for spelling

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 am

Fonz and porter has these amazing little red sizzors made just for snipping raggs. They have them at JoAnns if you have a JoAnns close by. If not, just clip clip clip away until your thumb joint says OUCH!!!, well, then keep going an, yway, make yourself a cup of hot tea and wrap your hands around it. I have the sissors if you want me to pop them in the mail for you just let me know so I can get them out tomorrow.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 am

Oh! P.S. DH is taking my laptop to work today to work on it, so he's pulling up QIAD on the desktop. Hopefully it will work because I can't be without my peeps!! mz

Return to “Sew ins”