Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good morning, It's November 12

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: Good morning, It's November 12

Post by Joannequilts » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Jay, I think Dega needs a QUILT!! She is sooo cute!!! Thanks for posting the picture!!

Well, I worked on getting my diagonal stripe sashing between the first and second rows (vertical)..two more to go...then put together the sashing for the outside and top and bottom...then I can take it to my son and daughter-in-laws bed to make sure it fits before I do the borders. It's a queen size and she wants it to go over the pillows and to the floor! Whew! Doesn't anyone have a full size bed anymore???

Then I took a nap, jumped up and burned the hamburgers for dinner, had to cut off the burned part, so the four burgers became just barely two!! DH said it was good and offered to do the dishes...I did them, but he did the burned cast iron skillet (bless him!).

Now I'm off to watch Survivor!!! LOVE it!!
Ya'll have a good night! I might BBL...

hugs,
Joanne

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:45 pm

Good Evening!
Jay - Your little dog looks soooo comfy! You really do need to make her a quilt! I think something like a sleeping bag, except sewn together would be really nice for her!

Joanne - My DH and I share a double/full sized bed, but it is not the norm! Most people have king size beds.

I did finish the binding today finally. I also made a label. I bought a dress and hemmed it as well. Tomorrow is my brother's funeral. I am ready for this chapter to close.

Grey's Anatomy is on tonight so I will have something to watch while I hand quilt.

Good Night Everyone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi Ya!

I'm back...ready to sew. After I finish this mini I need to pick out a UFO to work on. Sooooo many to pick from. My iron died. I'll have to use the upstairs iron. I iron my cloths up there.
My sister is home from the hospital and doing fine. Next week she has a Dr's appt to discuss what is needed. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Dorothy....hello, hello, hello! Ida is dropping her rain and sharing her wind.

Miriam....How is the Birthday Girl doing? Glad you could share it with your daughter.

Joanne...over the pillow & to the floor is king size. You go girl!!
Sorry about your dinner.

BBL>>>>>>>Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:00 pm

I love coming here after a day of work and scrolling down reading all the posts and then stopping at pictures... I really do hope that precious dog is comfy and is being given all of the attention a princess deserves....

it rained here most of the day and the drive home was beautiful... it was sunset so there was an orange stripe in my rearvies mirror and this black sky getting ready to drop water on everything ( not as good as Miriam's descriptions)

went exercising today with my son who I lovingly call brat boy... then came home to meatloaf for dinner... and am now sitting here talking with you all... my life is good...

Survivor will be on soon and I need a shower... so you all have a good eveing ..
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Jay, It looks like the Princess is saying, "I'm a little chilly, could you turn the heat up a little?"...She really does look neglected, you should make her a quilt and a pillow to match.....

I'm so glad to hear so many watch Survivor....I start early Thursday saying, "Do you know what day this is????" I love the show and will be so happy to see 1 or 2 get voted off....The other show I watch faithfully, is Desperate Housewives or as hubby says Dirty Housewives....

I managed to get some of my room cleaned today...Had the 2 furbabies helping...Hopefully tomorrow we'll finish....

Joanne, DH and I share a double bed along with 2 of the 3 furbabies...Our Kelly prefers to sleep in her little bed all by herself, smart girl!

Well, now I'm off to get my spot in that bed....Have a good evening/night, everyone

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Well, I agree, that little doggie needs a quilt!!!!!!! so happy that Myles is home, prayers that he continues a good a speedy recovery.

Prayers for all and good thoughts and wishes for a great day tomorrow. If you haven't had a chance, take a look at the prayer requests, Caroline1947 is going to have to have surgery, she has 3 lumps in her breast. I don't have any more details, but she surely could use prayers, she has had so much on her plate.

hugs, carol/kittyquilt

Iwantabequiltin

Post by Iwantabequiltin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Happy Birthday, FARMCHICK

It is almost gone but at least have a good one for the rest of night.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Good Night!! It is tomorrow on the East coast..

I love Survivor!!!! I tape it every week so I can relook at what ever I want. Grrrrr Russel.

I can hear the ocean roar...Ida is really churning it. I will go check it tomorrow to see if there is any beach left.

Sleep Tight....Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”