Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Friday, Sept. 4

Daily discussions.
suzette58

It's Friday, Sept. 4

Post by suzette58 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:29 am

Good morning everyone. I am off today. After breakfast and getting cleaned up I am running to Hancock's fabrics. They have patterns on sale today. Then home to sew the label on our neice's quilt and of course clean. Then hopefully get started on a quilt for our son in-law's Christmas present. Have a great day
Suzette58
Suzette

momof6quilts

Re: It's Friday, Sept. 4

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:46 am

Good morning all. We are very busy today, my DH is off from work and he is starting to paint the bedroom today!!! Then tomorrow he plans on putting down the floor than we can move back in! This is the fourth bedroom he has done and this one is the fastest turn around! I'm glad, I can not wait to get back into my own room. My daughter, Emily was given this room to design, so she took a sunflower picture and took all the colors from that and decorated around that theme, I LOVE sunflowers and chickens.

Party night tonight and it's funny she has NO idea we are doing this for her :-)

The girls are going to clean their grandmother house this morning and while they are gone I'm making cheese cakes (2 of them) Fresh baked cheese cakes, yummmy!!!

Vicky~

towens71

Post by towens71 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:57 am

Vicky - send some of those cheese cakes this way!!

Suzette - getting ahead start on the Christmas presents Way to GO!

Good morning all - at work this am. Not really planning any sewing this weekend. Football games start and a family reunion will keep me busy for the most part, maybe Monday I'll squeeze seomthing in.

I finished my Pineapple blocks and need to get them laid out. I'm far behind on my Daughters BOM, I had initially planned for her Christmas present. I may try to tackle those and get caught up.

I need to get some batting so I can start basting some quilts and getting them quilted!

I joined a BOM at the LQS and its going to be beautiful! I believe the pattern is "The Queen and her Court" and there is also some pillow patterns too so it will be absolutely gorgeous!

Everyone - have a wonderful & safe Labor Day weekend! Much love to all of you!

Traci

macdor

Post by macdor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:16 am

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure what we are doing today. Yesterday had a fun day at the State Fair. Was tired when we got back. Lots of walking. The quilts were outstanding. Really enjoyed that. Will check in tomorrow to see what everyone is doing.
DorothyM

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:20 am

Mmmmmmm . . .. I smell cheesecake . . . .

Vicky, sounds like you have some very talented daughters! And husband! But I doubt anyone can out-talent YOU! Your work is so beautiful! Tell us how the party goes!

Traci, sounds like you have some fun challenges coming your way at your LQS. And enjoy your family reunion! I just hosted mine for almost 40 folks. We do ours every two years. Is yours a regular thing or is this a one time event? Enjoy!

Suzette, your day sounds perfect - Hancock's and then then starting a new quilt! Hope that's how it all goes!

No plans for the weekend here. We were going camping, but our trailer broke plus we are unsure how our good friend's recovery is going to go. She could still crash. So we're going to stay home and take the weekend hour by hour, goofing off, sewing, or whatever.

Fun to everyone today!! mary z

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:22 am

Hi, Dorothy! Guess I "walked on you", meaning posted at the same time.

I know our headline of this thread says Sept 4, but isn't it the 5th?

mary z

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:52 am

Good Morning to all!!

I am more than ready for a 4 day weekend. And to start I slept in to 8:50 so I am feel good. I will make a fast trip to the bank and tho PO. I try never to drive around on the 1st & last week end of the summer sooooo many people. Bye, bye!!!

Susette...Hancock I love the catalog the store must be wonderful. Is it? What patterns did you get??

Vicky...Happy day the paint is going up. I love to paint. How wonderful that your daughter is designing it. Picking colors can be work like for a quilt.

Traci...Hello..sorry you are at work. Your Weekend sounds like fun. Have a good time. I never heard of you BOM pattern can't wait to see you post it. I doing a BOM...a sampler with 30s prints.

Dorothy...Glad you had fun at the State Fair. I would love to go to one. I would have to go up state to fine one.

Well I am off to the bank & PO...BBL....Kathy

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:55 am

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:08 am

Good Morning Everyone!
LOL - Today is the 4th. Yesterday's heading was incorrect.

I am quilting this weekend both machine quilting and hand quilting. I do have laundry and cleaning to do as well.

towens71

Post by towens71 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:11 am

All who are interested: here is a picture of the finished quilt (not mine!) I just started this BOM last night! I hope this works!

Return to “Sew ins”