Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday...Sept 4, 2009

Daily discussions.
FarmChick

Re: Thursday...Sept 4, 2009

Post by FarmChick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:41 am

Good morning, All--

It's good to be back! My day, too, was wonky not getting to check in with everyone. I was worried that I had just found new friends only to lose them. Has anyone heard why we got shut down?

This a.m. I walked 4 miles under gray batik skies--undulating rows of lights and mediums, some tinged with peach, some with butter, and some deeper dove gray. At the horizons, the batik changed abruptly to hand-dyed golden peaches. Now we've had breakfast, DH is off to coffee with the guys, and I'm left to do the nasties and the uglies before I make some zucchini cookies and maybe zucchini bread. I'll go in and take some to my mom this afternoon. She called and wants me to pick up a quilt bat on my way--I'm sure you know, she's 90, lives alone and sews (machine) and quilts (hand) daily! She fixes her meals from the food I bring to her. Not a day goes by that she doesn't quilt on one of her projects--mostly baby/small quilts for my sister's and niece's friends and family.

I saw the CA fires again on the news (always there), and I continue to pray for safety for all! What devastation!

Everyone, have a good day at whatever you get/have to do!!! BBL

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 am

FarmChick- I love your description of your morning walk :-)

Please send me the zucchini cookie recipe! Sounds great. We've done bread but never cookies.

I'm picking up today. Tia is off at her Nanny job so I'm kind of stuck cleaning for a surprise Birthday Party going on here tomorrow night for Emily. She was 16 yesterday and yes, of course I took right down to get her driver permit (our standard 16th Birthday present.) She aced the test. Anyway Tia had this wonderful idea of having all the youth in the church over for volleyball and campfire tomorrow night. If you all remember my house is in a state of remodel right now so I feel a little funny having a bunch of people in. Oh well, it's part of the Hafler life come and enjoy it I guess!

Have a Quilty day!
Vicky

P.S. I'm glad to have you all back :-)

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 am

Hi All

Well its usually my friday but because of the holiday I have to work tommrow but I was off yesterday and cleaned and did all the laundry
so Im off to run a few errands and back to do some sewing .

Grandkids will be here for the weekend can't wait so no sewing then.

Have A Great Day
Lois

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:40 am

Greetings from warm, sunny, SW. Pa....It is good to be back but feels a little strange and I'm not sure why....

Yesterday was a washout, without having the forum and then I had to go to the dreaded dentist, who had to find a filling that needs replaced...I just should have stayed in bed.....BUT, today is different, I think....I had to go for bloodwork early and then shopped for stuff to make my relish....Friends have given me the green tomatoes but I needed more peppers....I needed to take a break from grinding those darn onions, so if my typing makes no sense, that's because of the onion tears....Once I get it all put together and cooking, the house will smell so darn good and taste great during the winter....These same friends also gave me fresh corn that needs taken care of....

BUT, I really want to be in the sewing room...I have my lotto blocks ready to sew and can't wait to cut into my Christmas projects....Time is fleeting, much too quickly....

DH has gone to help with the elderly bingo and the cats are all napping, so I have no excuse not to get a lot accomplished today....

Well, those onions are still waiting...Will catch you all later,
Enjoy the afternoon, everyone.....

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:53 am

Zucchini cookies sound good. I have a yummy zucchini brownie recipe that is wicked easy.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 am

Hi All

Well Im back from my errands but Im relaxing for a bit then I will vaccumm the dog hair again from the rugs .

Did anyone find out why we had a blackout on the forum the other day?

Has any one herd how Susanah is ?

Lois

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:55 pm

I finished pin basting a quilt today. It is very quiet on here today. I don't think everyone has checked to see that the forum is back. Kind of like walking into a quiet library. Makes everyone kind of quiet and subdued. Take care everyone. TTYL

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi, I'm back again!

Spent the afternoon with my mom working on some hand quilting, drinking tea and eating zucchini cookies.

I tried out a zucchini bread recipe today, and it's yucky. Now I need a good zucchini bread recipe, and I'd love to get the zucchini brownie recipe! Always good to hide veggies from the family!!!

It is quiet around here now. Are we tiptoeing? It seems like it.

Oh, Irish, your relish sounds delicious!!! I used to get some from a couple of guys at work. They put in EVERYTHING!!! Sometimes shredded cabbage and carrots as well as the regular tomatoes, onions and peppers--whatever they had left. I liked all of it, and I REALLY liked the jalapeno hot relish! Do you pack the heat in any of your relishes? Would you share your recipe? I lost all the recipe collection and cookbooks of almost 50 years accumulation. It's hard to track down new ones, although friends and family have given me back some that I gave them.

I guess I need to bring in laundry and fix dinner. Life is calling me away... BBL if I can. Have a great evening. I'm so glad the days will get longer again in 3 1/2 months!!! I love daylight savings and the long days!!!

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Good evening everyone, I don't post alot but I do read them
EVERY day, I sure did miss everyone while qiad was down. Guess I'll start posting more often.

Hope everyone has a great friday!

Sharon

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Good evening all.....What a day, a busy day....All my jars of relish sealed which is a good thing....DH and I were sitting watching the Steeler football game and our of nowhere I remembered I had books that were due to go back to the Library, today...Thank goodness I was able to get on line and renew....What makes it even worse, this morning we were right next door and I never gave it a thought about the books....

It doesn't seem like too many are posting here...Hope most of the old gang makes their way back....

Farmchick, I'll PM you.....

Well, back to the game, Pittsburgh's winning......

Go Steelers!

Have a good evening, all

Return to “Sew ins”