Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Happy Monday August 31,2009

Daily discussions.
Roben

Re: It's Happy Monday August 31,2009

Post by Roben » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:20 am

Good Morning Everyone! I've been gone the last couple of days to a fabric dyeing class (it was so awesome!) - I haven't had a chance to go back and read what everyone's been up to, but wanted to wish everybody a great, happy day :-D I'm off to grab another cuppa & play catchup - BBL!

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 am

Hi all good morning to you all. First is i want to thank you everyone who had fun and laugth with all of us last nite in chat. Thank you for getting me to laugth once again and making me feel good lastnite we all need it some how some way.

Today the hole family is going to PA it is DH Bday and we are going to take him out for dinner and i hope to go fabric shopping too a little bit.

You all be good and dont anything i would not do lol. Have fun today i be on later on tonite love and hugs all Sarah

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:58 am

Goodness Sarah, that leaves the door wide open, lol.

Mary

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:02 am

Good morning - kinda slow this morning - not from the sew-in but DS3 stopped by to visit. I was having fun on the sew-in but had to leave early because of DS3. He has been having truck problems - his own causing - thought that he could change out a transmission from an automatic to a stick - not these days with all the computer chips running everything in our cars. He just got everything put back and now the batteries are dead. It is sitting at my house and he will be back this morning to buy the batteries and then drive home.

Got my "uglies" done early - so now I can work on my stash room - its still spilling out into the rest of the house!! Since all my kidlets are gone - I have a stash room and a sewing room -

I will check in later to see all your fun!! oh yes and on my winning the jam!!!

Jana

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:48 am

Afternoon ladies!

I am trying to post a slide show of the Springville quilt show as soon as I figure out stupid photobucket. Mike took me on a date there this weekend.

HUGS!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 am

Carin -
I hope that you get the pics posted - one of my dear friends who is an absolutely fabulous quilter - she would win awards if she entered has quilts in that show. One of her quilts was hanging in the Museum or library down there. Hope that you succeed!!

Jana

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:31 am

Back again for a short one--

Everyone in CA fires area, you are in my prayers! And for those of you who have firefighter relatives and friends. So sad about the two deaths.

I got sidetracked earlier making breakfast (and lunch) for DH, and I made molasses crinkle cookies to take in to my mom. I'm going to go see her in a few minutes. She should be up from her afternoon nap. She called me this a.m. around 8:00 and said she had been up and had breakfast and was laying back down for her a.m. nap. She is working on a baby quilt for one of my niece's lucky friends.

The Sew Chat last night was too funny. I saw some of it--the NUTTY part. Y'all were having waaaaaaaay too much fun!!! I was too tired to try to keep up and stay up. After the breakfast yesterday a.m. and cleaning up, I made a BIG choc chip cookie for DGD, took some food into my mom--biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, fruits and choc cookies--so she could have things to fix for her breakfasts. She was delighted with the cookies to have with her tea. And, she enjoys the breakfasts to just warm up. She doesn't really cook, but will fix an egg to go with or toast, etc. My care packages are like pre-cooked items from the store, only homemade. After visiting with her for awhile, I came home and decorated the cookie for Kamri and we went over there for a birthday dinner with loads of family and friends. So, yesterday was a real family day! Pretty neat. It would have been perfect if my DD and family could have made it over, but they were busy. Hopefully next time!

Have they posted the JAM winner yet??? <grin!> I have no hopes. Last month's winner was just two numbers off of me, so it will probably miss me by a bunch this time. Whoever wins, ENJOY (my jam, LOL)!!!

I hope everyone is having a great day--working or sewing and your work day is short and your sewing day is long with no unsewing!!!

BBL...I hope!

P.S. Is the pattern for the SSS the stocking on the QIAD free patterns? I'm trying to decide if I should try to join. Then there's the matter of finding fabrics...

katiekoala

Post by katiekoala » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:48 am

missed the sew-in last night because of the time difference it make it hard to be able to take part in these sort of good things!!!!b..........mer! kathy

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:09 am

Good afternoon from slightly chilly, SW. Pa...I does indeed feel like Fall...We got up to low 50s and then turned into a gorgeous day but now the sun is fading and tonight is to be in the high 40s....

This was our Meals on Wheels day, I helped cook and then DH and I delivered...I had to tell them, this would be our last week for awhile and it just about broke my heart...With all these darn tests etc. we decided it might be best to take a break...Hopefully, we'll be back....

I did go to lunch with a couple of gals and then did a little shopping...It's just those little things that you need, like discovering you have no flour when you want to bake a pie....

I am so determined to stay home tomorrow and hide in the sewing room...I think DH will be gone most of the day and I just take the phone off the hook and of course stay off the computer....I have so many quilt ideas for Christmas and have gotten the fabric but can't seem to get started...And I need to get back to the birthday blocks and get them finished along with the lotto blocks....So don't call me tomorrow, unless you want to do lunch or have some goodies to offer.....

I need to find something for dinner...I'm not hungry but DH deserves a decent meal, he's been neglected the last couple of days....

Our prayers to all in the path of those terrible fires...I just can't imagine going through something like that...Chriss, give that firefighter a big hug for me....

Yunz (as we say in the "burg", have a good evening...

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:40 am

Hi all I am cleaning up the sewing room. My friend came for her first quilting lesson. She sews clothing and very well but this is her first quilt. I am starting her off with 9 patch party El's way will make a quilter out of her I am sure. We went to Joanns and bought the fabric and a few other things she needed and then we had a great lunch at a Mexican place that we used to go to years ago....still good. We came back and she "shopped" in my sewing room...I gave her a few things that I had doubles of. She will be back in a few days with washed ironed and cut fabric. It was a great day....And Dh said he would eat yesterdays leftovers for supper so I don't have to cook. AHHHHHH life is good. BBL

Return to “Sew ins”