Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY NITE CHAT JOIN IN THE FUN TONITE

Daily discussions.
lucieshouses

Re: SUNDAY NITE CHAT JOIN IN THE FUN TONITE

Post by lucieshouses » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Taz, I also help out at a quilt shop. It's very small and she mainly does long arm quilting and a small internet business. When her fabric bolts come in I drool too and plan too! Lucie

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Okay, I now have a post-it with Thimble-It sticky pads reminder in my purse so I will have it the next time I go shopping, lol.

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Lucie, isn't the smell of cotton neat?????? It does make me sneeze from time to time, I'm alleric to everything and I live in the desert....

tnjacke

Post by tnjacke » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Yeah, I am a night owl. I worked night shift for over 14 years and it is still hard for me to sleep at night. If you ever get moved to Ark. you have to come over to ET. Bring the kids to Dollywood and we can go fabric shopping.

apolta

Post by apolta » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Hopefully soon... Erik was doing his flight physical stuff and they found blood in his urine... well turned out he had a tiny kidney stone... he had to have lithotripsy to remove it before he can return to flying status... I went down to San Diego for that and came back up to Washington... but we have been up here for 3 months now... without him... ugh been hard on the boys! He will be coming up over the long weekend to see us! But we are saying prayers this is the last hurdle and we can get moving on to Arkansas...

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Taz, I like to unwrap the bolt, square it up and make fat quarters.

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Deming, Is a small town and this fabric store is all purpose carries a lot of everything and has the better fabrics and we quilters are trying to convince her that she is missing out on a gold mine with the quilters. When Wal Mart came 6 years ago almost put her out of business but they have taken the fabric out of the store here and that has helped some. but our store is a mess right now with them remoldling.

tnjacke

Post by tnjacke » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Good thing they found it before it started moving around. DH has had the lithotripsy route as well as other surgeries for Kidney stones, no fun.. Hope he is doing well now.

apolta

Post by apolta » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Yeah he is doing well... it was very tiny... this was all last week and nothing remains...

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:52 pm

We finally got the lady to let us cut FQ and they sell very well.
When I was up in Albuquerque last month a couple of the stores now have their FQ at #2.65 each.

Return to “Sew ins”