Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Sunday August 30,2009

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: It's Sunday August 30,2009

Post by maryq » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:28 am

Good Morning Gals

Since I got most of the uglies done yesterday--still need to wash a couple floors and vacuum everywhere... today I'm going to play. Think I'll work on my Birthday Block for Caroline and my Lotto blocks.

DD is coming over later....Want to see if I can talk her into going to the Quilt Show in DesMoines in October---will probably bore her to death tho!

Fall is definately in the air here as well, Had to get out my flannel jammies last nite, just HATE the thought of closing up the windows.

AND just a little of advetising here:

The details for the 2009 Secret Santa Swap are posted under Swaps! Check it out!!

Have a great day every one!

Marymargaret

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:50 am

HI!!

What ever I have left to do, I am not. I want to finish my 'Dick & Jane' block. I signed up for a swap of the Scrappy Nine Patch and I just can't settle on what fabrics to use. So I have a little fabric hunting to do.

Have any of you been to Gettysburg?? I an watching a show on the ghosts there. I do not know about ghosts but when I was there I would get weird feeling and goose bumps. It was so incredibly sad there to see where so many men died.

FarmChick...have a wonderful time at you breakfast. It sounds yummy!

luv_2....MEOW..MEOW!

Carole...I can't believe your so hot and we feel like fall! Sleeping in your panties...you need AC!! Glad your lip is better. Did the make up cover it up?

Chrissy...cuc's!! I love them! I think I will have a cuc sandwich for lunch. Have a good time at the Birthday party. Kids parties are the best.
I vote yes for AM stories..but tou know that.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

PS I have 'Taco Chicken' in the crock pot. So easy got the recipe from Favorite Recipe thread.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:53 am

Good Morning all. I can't possibly respond to everyone. You are all having family dinners and breakfasts. I had the windows opened last night and it got a little chilly. I just love fall. I will start the decorating for fall right after labor day. I will shop for MUMs for the porch and pumpkins too. We have an apple orchard about a mile away and they will have apple picking soon. I love to can apple pie filling to be ready for the holidays,....

The first weekend in October is our towns APPLEFEST...I am right inside the border of it so I get to sit on my porch and watch all the people and events. I usually make quite of few trips up and down the town It is all blocked off with venders selling ev erything from apple cider to crafts and tons of food. In front of my house is an old car show....The car folks sit on my lawn and watch their cars, and play 50s music. It is a great time.

I am putting the last border on my quilt top and I will take it to my sis this week. I am going to work on a little quilt today too.

Farmchick. We have family Birthday dinners at one of my kids or my house each month, No one in my family would get up early enough to make it here for breakfast. It sounds yummy,

Vicky your Sundays sound like the Amish, Services and Dinner and games. They do that too.

Well be back later...

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:53 am

GOOD MORNING ALL!
We've had several windy days, so no fishing. I have gotten some sewing done.

Today looks calm, so we are out of here soon to catch some fish. Not sure what we are going for, probably Walleye and then Crappie.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:56 am

Good Morning everyone. If feels like an early Fall may be around the corner. At 9am it was only 65 here! Sure was nice. I am hoping that you having the hot temps will get a break very soon! I know how miserable it is.

Carolej I agree that the poor dogs can't help that they have such hard heads. LOL Remember when my big boy head butted me by accident and broke my nose? A few days before we were to go to Court for Rileys adoption? Stage makeup does wonders. LOL Oh the pain though!

Migraines are so very painful. I get them with a weather change mostly, but other times too. The Dr has me on Topomax to try to prevent them. I take this daily and had to slowly increase the dosage until we found what worked. I can't take a high enough dose to keep them away totally but at least I am not having them ever few days.

My Sons & DDIL are coming over after Church and bringing Zac & Riley. Can't wait to get a dose of those little stinkers.LOL We grandma's just need our grandma hugs after so long and have to have them! I am very very fortunate that I get to see them so often.

Well I need to run the vacumn over the living room and then go iron a few pieces of fabric. From there, I don't know where my day will take me but I guess I'll follow it & enjoy every minute of the trip as I am sure I can learn something from it. I hope all of you have a terrific day and enjoy where your day takes you too.

Love You All

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:04 am

Grammie have you dried any Apples yet with your Dehydrator? That is a big hit from the place my DD orders from. Yall my silly DD orders fruit from this place. It is soooo yummy and her kids just eat it like candy. She buys a couple of lg orders ever couple of months. I have been after her to buy a Dehydrator so she could try her own. This place is so very good but so very expensive! Too expensive!

http://www.justtomatoes.com/JSBB-P.htm ... SBB-P.html

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:34 am

Vicky and Cathy. I suffered from Migraines for many years. Figured out mine were from the hormones and now 95 per cent mostly from allergies and food intolerences (sp) My youngest son who will be 32 next week (sniff, sniff) suffers from them too. His are allergy triggered. He has the opposite food allergies that I do and it's tough when we get together to see what we can eat. Seems like hard yellow cheeses are main culprets, mine is flour his is corn and beloved Chocolate. Everything has corn or flour in it. It's all trial and error and you have to figure out your own. My son is on that Tofomx and as long as he takes it everyday it does pretty well. My migraines start at the back of the head and I have to figure out if it's a true migraine or allergy headache. My son sees the flashing lights they call an aura. They say those with the aura are the worst. I don't know who they are........probably people who have never had a migraine......LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Jeanne

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:35 am

Good Morning everyone!!! All this talk about an early fall is just too much to take right now that we are experiencing 109 and 106 degree weather. Fall is my favorite time of year...apples, pumpkins, harvest festivals, Temecula quilt show in Oct. I'm looking forward to that cozy feeling. Oh well, at least I can work on my fall tablerunners and wait.

Envying your weather, Lucie

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:40 am

Mornin... or is it still mornin? I really slept in...

Dolores, didn't you sign up to win the jam? go in chit chat and look for Linda's post that says... El asked me to post this... I think they draw my name on Monday....

Vicky, is your fellowship meal a pot luck or does one person cook.... sounds like fun... I always enjoyed the after church meals as a kid.

Dorothy, enjoy your uglies...

Kathy, not sure if or when my son will go back.. but he did tell me that he needs a new sleeping bag for this kind of a thing... he said they bring in these trailers like the semi trucks haul down the freeway loaded with goods... only in his case one trailer was lined with shower stalls and the other was lined in bunk beds three high... and it was air conditioned... he said the food wasn't great... but he is ready to do it again if they just call....

Farmchick.. I think your breakfast sounds so cool... we have a family here who has a yearly reunion and they all bring things to auction off... they all buy eachothers junk at the auction and the proceeds pay for the next years reunion... food and hall rental... cool huh?

Bev, hope your day is great too.

Carole, enjoy your work day, hope it's over quickly.

Chrissy, I enjoy the AM stories... as for the cottage cheese.. I have had it on a slice of home made white bread with some peaches on top... not sure why the bread was necessary but that is how It was given to me...lol...

Joanne.. that daughter of yours is holding information from you... maybe she should write a book... " things I should tell my mom that she doesn't know".... lol...

MaryMargaret... enjoy your day with DD... and I already joined the Secret Santa swap... I love this one and am thrilled you are hosting it...

Grammie, applefest sounds fun... and now you can dehydrate apples..would they be like apple chips? mmmmm sounds good.

Lyn, I am glad you are going fishing.. I enjoy those stories.. it reminds me of my grandpa..... funny, when I scrolled up and saw the word crappie I thought some one was having a crappie day... but it was a fish story...lol...

Cathy, by now church should be over... hope you're enjoying those grands... give them a squeeze from me.

Jeanne, does staying away from those foods keep the migranes away... I get to see the floatie things when my migranes start and my speech is all off.. I can't talk right.. thankfully I don't get them often...

Lucie, I love the fall talk too.. I really do hope the girls are right and it really will cool down.

Lois, hope your work day goes by fast.

I think I am going to be a slug today... nothing too exciting... I would like to sew a bit...

you all have fun
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:07 am

Happy Sunday morning, everyone. I've read you all and there's too many to address, but it's sure nice to have friends like you all to 'coffee up' with in the morning!

Chriss, I know EXACTLY what the trailers your son is talking about are like. In 2002 DH and I worked for a company that supplied those shower and laundry trailers to the firefighters. Our job at one fire camp, (in Julian, CA as it turns out), was to do the laundry for the firefighters. The next camp, up in Sequoia Park, was to wash and disinfect showers after each shower. We had two trailers, each with 10 showers. We hopped, let me tell you!! And it was 100+ degrees with no A/C. Those poor firefighters!! And I'm laughing because you are going to be so surprised when that jam arrives at MY house!!

Our last few days have been interesting. Our friend, Lois, is still in the hospital and for two days was very confused, thrashing around, trying to get out of bed. She was going shopping. Then she had to plan a party. We couldn't keep clothes or blankets on her. She ripped out her catheter and cursed the aides. But it was all caused by the meds they were giving her. Yesterday she calmed down and hopefully will be on the road home next week. (where new challenges await. Did I mention that she is also blind?)

Yesterday morning I went into my quilt room, flipped on the light, and and there was a partially eaten rat. YICKK!! I have to keep repeating to myself, "I love cats. I love cats. Must remember I love cats." Of course, DH got up just as I was tying up the shroud.

The day before other cat jumped up on the sheets that I have covering my LA quilt frame. She knocked down so much stuff I had balanced up there, and tore the leaders off the rollers. BAD CAT! and even as I type this, rat-cat is sitting half on my keyboard, purring away, acting all innocent.

Last thing - my beloved Bernina is ill and needs to go the hospital. Her feed dogs won't feed. So on the way to the people hospital this morning to visit, we'll be swinging by the Bernie hospital. Sigh. Guess I should be glad that the cats weren't playing tag and getting caught in cords and crashing the machine to the floor!

I want a new week!!!

Well, I've yammered on long enough. Time to go dust my jam pedastal and re-press my doily. Time is running short to prepare!!

mary z

Return to “Sew ins”