Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Sunday August 30,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

It's Sunday August 30,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:01 am

GoodMorning Everyone

Well Yes it's early but I had to get up my DH had to go to work now in a little while I do have to start the uglies .

I don't have any other plans so I will get the uglies out of the way.

I hope everyone will have a great day and good luck on the Jam contest today.

Lois

msdeets

Re: It's Sunday August 30,2009

Post by msdeets » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:08 am

Yes New Jersey is up early.

Yesterday was a mushy muddy mess. We went to a car show in PA and when we got there it was a mess.
We tried to walk around for a while and because of the slippery mud we left to come home early.
We went there with intentions of meeting up with our friends from Tn but they had an emergency so we went home.

I am sitting with my lovely cup of coffee and enjoying it imensly.

What is all that talk about Jam?

I will try to get my quilt top worked on today after I get some wash done.

I really enjoy these two days off with my husband.

Have a wonderful day
Dolores

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:43 am

Good morning,

It feels so much like fall here. I think we had all of two weeks of nice weather this summer :-( Mostly rain, rain.

Church for us today and then a fellowship meal and volleyball for the kids. It's an all day affair. DH woke up with another of his migraines, poor guy is plagued with them.

Have a good day.

Vicky

macdor

Post by macdor » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:06 am

Lois - Hope that you don't have to many uglys.

Vicky - I'm sorry that you haven't had much summer. I hope the DH feels better from someone that has migraines it's not easy. Enjoy your day with the family.

Dolores - sorry that your trip turned out like it did. Enjoy your day of sewing.

For me it's do uglies, get things together for my trip this week.

Everyone have a great day where that takes you. Prayers for our fellow quilter in the west that are dealing with the fires.

DorothyM

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:18 am

Good Morning!!!!

Chilly and damp here. I am afraid to wish for the sun. When ever it was out this summer it has been very humid.

JAM, JAM, the JAM!!! LOL I can not help myself every time I think of this!! El made blackberry jam and all that submitted their name has a chance to 'win' a jar. All of us think 'we' are going to win..LOL

Chriss...so happy to here your son is home. Does he have to go back?

Farm Chick...does Splenda have an after taste?

Lois...I have a few uglies then I will finish a block I started yesterday.

Dolores...Sorry about your muddy day.

Vicky..I agree it sure feels like fall here.

Back in a bit....Kathy

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:27 am

Good morning-- A quick howdy before my day turns to chaos mode. 19 coming for a country breakfast to celebrate family birthdays. I got my bacon and sausages cooked last night, the eggs broken in a bowl, the biscuits mixed up all but the milk. We got the tables and chairs out of DS1's garage, so have to wipe them down this a.m. I have to make the gravy, make the coffee, cook the eggs and hash browns, warm the sausages and bacon, roll out and bake the biscuits, make lemonade, the OJ is made, make coffee, fix the fruit, set out the JAMS, etc... If everything goes to plan, y'all are invited to breakfast after church--around 10:00 give or take...

We will be eating on the deck. It's a cool morning and should be nice by the time they get here. Fall is definitely in the air!!!

Dolores(MsD)- sorry your day was a wash out yesterday! A car show sounds like fun. It's neat to go look at the cars of our childhood. DH had a '39 Buick, I had a '56 Chevy. Oh, to have those now!!! He does have a '50 Chevy pick up in the shed that we need to drag out and re-restore.

Vicky- enjoy your day! Love those church dinners!!! All the wonderful dishes! Hope your DH feels better, ugh! Migranes are the pits, and a man with one--honey, we need to pray for YOU!!!

Hi, Dorothy! Don't let the uglies get ya down! Enjoy your day as well!

Lois- hello in New Jersey! Don't get bogged down with uglies, either! Hope you get some fun time, too!

I'm outta here until later unless I get a little break to take a peek... "It's a lovely day in the neighborhood...."

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:29 am

well, cant get photobucket working..you all have a good day..hope all is well,,,,,,,,

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:45 am

Good morning, y'all, from simmering San Diego! Another hot one for us today, hopefully some cooler tomorrow...whew! I have been sleeping in panties only, no covers, under an open window, with a fan on. The heat was so draining I went to bed at 8:30 last night!

My lip is better :-) Still a bit puffy, but nothing like yesterday! Sheesh! No headache this morning...good thing! Haven't looked in the mirror yet--too scary at this hour--but it doesn't feel bruised to the touch. I do have some makeup to cover it, though it will probably melt off within minutes!

I got home yesterday, got down on the floor and began giving Roxy her luvins...DH shook his head and rolled his eyes...hey, it's not her fault she has a head like a brick! That's the way God made her, and accidents are bound to happen. That's life...

Off to work again today. Gotta go drag my fanny into the shower.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...wish I could stay home and sew with you guys!

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 am

What a wonderful idea to have a huge birthday breakfast gathering. I am headed to the market to get cucumbers. AM told me yesterday they would be refreshing at the birthday party today for our great nephew that is truning 6. We are headed to Terrie's house. It will be great to see her again. The sun is shining and it is a beautiful fall day here. Also need to pick up a few things AM could use.
Grammiequilts, you have me curiosity going again with your quilting. I apologize for going on with all the details of my visit with AM. I guess I just think everyone should think she is as adorable and interesting as I do. I am still thinking cottage cheese sandwich sounds yucky to me, but then again I won't be the one eating them.
Have a lovely sunday, and stay safe in your travels. Positive thoughts and good wishes to all.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:14 am

Good Morning everyone!! Sunny, cool and wonderful!!!

Today I am a slug! A good slug. Not sure what I'll do today...

Farmchick, my goodness! I have trouble fixing breakfast for just us! Sounds like a fun time! But it makes me tired just thinking about all that work.
Chrissy, you will have wonderful memories of your aunt...I love to hear about your visits!!

There are 144 members all clamoring for one little jar of El's jam!! If they don't draw that name today there may be a stampede on QIAD!!
I have the biscuit recipe all written out that girl posted...just waiting for the jam.....LOL!!

Remember my great revelation about how great ammonia is for cleaning grease??? Well, I told my daughter about it last night...guess what?? She already knew!! About 20+ years ago, she worked in the kitchen at LaRosa's (a local pizza shop)and they used ammonia to clean the grease off the stuff in the kitchen. That is TWO things that I just learned about that she has known for YEARS!! LOL! The other was about making gravy...I've always had to strain my gravy...so many lumps...and I kept thinking that I had to use HOT water. But, no, you use COLD water to prevent lumps. DUH! I think I need to talk to my daughter more about practical, everyday things.....

Joanne:0)

Return to “Sew ins”