Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday August 29 Is here

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Saturday August 29 Is here

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:52 am

Awww Cindy, Texas ain't gonna freeze over, It has too much Methane from all the BULL...I used to live there so I know LOL I love ya anyway. I said last night we need to start Emailing El to part with a few of those jars,

LOL Chriss "Quit Jammin" that was so good. I really have to get off here and get something done. I am drying onions from the garden and Chriss it smells like someone is really cooking in my neighbrhood. gone for sure this time I mean it BBL

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 am

Whooo Hoooo! I finished weeding one of the back flower beds and it now looks like a real flower bed again!! DH is back there, too, he's re-cleaning some of the cast iron pots that we used at the show...cooking them over the outside hearth..firepit..whatever you call it! lol! He emptied my garden cart after I filled it with weeds (I LOVE him! I HATE emptying that thing.) Then I made breakfast...fried eggs and toast...well, DH came in and took over the frying part! I did the toast and set the table. Did I say I love him??? LOL!

Now, I'm resting...and waiting for the jam!!

Joanne:0)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:00 am

I guess that we could use a little "cheese" with all this whining over my jar of jam!!

Good morning everyone!! Beautiful day here in No. Ca.

Chriss - prayers are out for your son and his strike team -

DorothyM - That is something I have always wanted to see - a launch or I would settle for a landing too. How far North can they see a launch. My son is serving in the Lake City area right now, so I am wondering?

I learned a long time ago about keeping the curtains closed - I even do it now even with the A/C- keeps my bill reasonable!! LOL

Glad to read of everyone's doings - DH's - some days you just gotta luv them!!

Still re-arranging the sewing areas in the house - now I just need DH to move some computer cables for me and maybe the new layout will work better - I am always trying to tweak it to make it more efficient!!

Have a great day and I WILL ENJOY MY JAR OF JAM!!!!!!!

Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:21 am

Hi, I am on a tea break. The rain is steady and not too bad. Uglies are moving right along..I want to get a good cleaning in so next week when I have a 4 day week end I can sew & quilt to mt heart's content. I have not had 1 beef burger in the grill so I want to do that.

Chriss...sending prayers for your fire fighter and his team.
Some prayers for you, too!

Grammie...How are tou storing all your dried produce?

Jana. Cheese, Cheese! Are you bringing cheese to the jam fest?

BBL....Kathy

Have any of you looked at the JAM LIST!!!!!! WWWOOOWWW!!!!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:54 am

morning....I have been taking my time moving around this morning. It was a long week because it has been so hot. I will read and catch up on the forum which I have been neglecting because I have been sewing and reading.....
It is time to step up my Christmas plans and I have 3 birthday quilts to finish before then (2 in Nov and 1 12/6)...yikes...but at least they don't know I have plans to get quilts done for them by their birthdays so if I don't get them done well then I have their Christmas gifts ;)

One of my friends who I haven't seen in about a year is coming by and we are going to lunch together that will be fun. As our children who are the same age graduated and moved on to college (mine) and to Iraq (her son) and her daughter is still in High School our paths never seemed to cross. she also went back to college and graduated!!! Her son was born her Senior year of High School so when he was a Senior she went back to college!

I better stop rambling.......and jump in the shower

keep on sewing....

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:54 am

Grammie lol about the methane not freezing.... my ex was into catering and we had a trailer at the fair where we served burgers and tri tip sandwiches.. we would often throw some onions on the grill to make the smell drift out into the air... and it really works... don't be surprised if someone doesnt' knock on your door expecting to eat...

Joanne, what a great guy... I have been thinking lately how wonderful my DH is too... it really makes life nice to have a husband you not just love but like too.... I am lifting up my coffee cup to toast our husbands... to the men in our lives... cheers.

Now Jana, my friend...... when I get the jam you live close enough to come and get a teaspoon full...

Yes Kathy, I did see the jam list... isn't it amazing that with all those who entered my name will be drawn and I will be the sole winner....lol....

boy the fire in Yosemite has really sent smoke this way... it really stinks.... and it looks like fog coming in.... it grew over a thousand acres from yesterday to today...

I have 4 pages left on the book I am reading.. I had to stop to tinkle and thought I would check in here...

ttfn
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:55 am

missed the flying pigs conversation...but that is part of my good friend's e-mail address.......you know her as Buttercup ;)

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:06 am

I'm back from the sale....... I was disappointed to say the least :-(

Not much left there, but I did get a 108" tan backing fabric for the back of Lyda's quilt!!! And some fabric with chicken on it and you all know that I'm crazy over chickens. I'm happy about that. The girls bought a bunch of card stock. They were happy with that too. I was hoping for some package batting but I missed out. Yesterday they still had them, Shannon was there yesterday. Oh well. Over all I spent 78 dollars.

Vic

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:17 am

Just checking in. I've been working on Christmas pillow cases and watching the Kennedy funeral mass. Time to tinkle and take a break. I wonder what day next week my jar of El's jam will get here. Time to get back to work.

Chrissy1

Post by Chrissy1 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:55 am

Well I took the music box with me, along with cookies. I showed Aunt Martha the music box and I said I thought you might like to have it here with you. "No" that was on my dresser that is mine, you take it home and keep it. But Aunt Martha you mentioned one a few weeks ago, "not that one, but I don't need one here" Cookies, well she stuck to the "only on her tray" so once again the Sisters were going to put them on her tray. Next week I am going to bring soft chocolate chip cookies. She said she ordered them the other day but they were kind of overbaked. Can you believe her, she is just amazing. She did teach me how to make sour cream cucumbers. She said, now Chrissy (this in such a soft gentle voice you have to listen close) It is just sour cream and cucumbers (almost like HELLO it's not difficult) She did say that if you use cucumbers with the skin you have to wash them very very good first. We laughed about the grandkids and food they like. She told me she is cold all the time. Also thinks she has a dislocated shoulder but said the dr. says it is arthritis (she wasn;t too sure about that dr. though)she got sad when she started talking about how she couldn't sleep at night, but that she doesn't like the night. Then she said, it won't be long. I said Aunt Martha, it sure will because you have alot of recipies in that mind and stuff that you have to teach me. She just kind of gave me that, oh okay kind of wave of the hand. Sisters washed her hair so I fixedit up pretty, the sister was nervious about combing it and came out as I was leaving and asked if I wanted to help becasue her hair is falling out (not sure why as she only had one chemo treatment and that is all and it was about a month ago at least) I had a soft cloth twistie in my hair so I took it out and whalah she was beautiful again. I am just so glad that you are all here and that I can share her with you. Thanks for being here.

Return to “Sew ins”