Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Post by Joannequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 pm

Ok, I'm back and look what is happening here! You guys are fighting over a little ole jar of jam!!

Grammie, hang on to that batting. I save all mine and sew it together by hand (large, basting stitches) and use it for small quilts or tablerunners...or just knock-around quilts. I can't throw anything away!!

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:52 pm

[/img]

Here you go grammiequilts

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks - that looks just like him!!!

Chriss - how close is that fire from you? So far my son hasn't been called on that one - he has promised to let me know before he leaves for a fire like that - so I can worry more!!

Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:11 pm

I knew it....I knew it.....I just knew you would find it, LOLOL My DH thinks I am crazy. Thanks Vicky. I think we should Email Eleanor and tell her we need more than 1 jar to give away.....I am sure she has lots.

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:13 pm

I must confess to what I have done. As a friend said yesterday, "My name is Karon, and I am a fabriholic." The young man who runs our fabric store has had to close. He had a sale yesterday and today to try to liquidate and get rid of what he could. I shopped both days and spent just over $300 at 40% off. I'm sure that the next time I go to start a project, I will not have what I need, and then there will be no place locally to buy more. I told my hubby that I had heard a rumor that they were going to quit making fabric, so I had to stock up.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Karon, that is a good one, I will have to remember that one. Mine wouldn't believe it though,

Well Kiddies, I need to shower and hit the sack....I never did get that top finished...I have been too busy gabbing here,,,,,,Be good and "Don't put gum in anyone's hair" while I am gone. You know who you are.....LOL HUGS and GNight

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Oink Oink This little chubby pig here has flown before. So they do fly. LOL Okay, I have been looking and I have found a couple of diff. pieces of fabric with beautiful Blackberries on it. I need to make a Tablecloth for my patio table to serve my Biscuits & Blackberry Jam when I win it. LOL It will look so nice! I have the perfect coffee set already. Just need that Blackberry Jam.

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:27 pm

I been sitting hear reading your posts and I've gotten a hankering for some Dutch Apple Pie....what about y'all?
Cyber-Sue

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Karon- Laughed at the rumor you shared with your DH!!! Bet he didn't fall for it though!

Roben- If you sign up for the jar of jam and win....just bring it to Des Moines at the AQS show and share it with me! *giggle*

Hey- speaking of pigs flying...have you heard the Brad Paisley song about pigs flying? The lyrics mention that a guy will get married when pigs fly. Then the song proceeds to tell about all the pigs flying around!! Romance does that to a person! ;-)

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:39 pm

I forgot to ask Grammie- who's wedding is next Friday? A relative, friend, or perhaps YOU??!

Return to “Sew ins”