Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:57 pm

I work hard all day and come home to Grammie saying.... When pigs fly..... now I have to go read 40 posts to figure out why the farm animals are flying....

brb
Chriss.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Guess what!!!! Today I thought I heard a bird oinking but I guess it was a flying pig - LOL.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:01 pm

I am laughing and DH thinks I am nuts up here.....he will be correct too.

Roben

Post by Roben » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi everyone! Sounds like its been a busy day all around :-) I'm still trying to get back into the routine of working (yuck!) while taking a feather class (love that) and going away for a fabric dying class tomorrow/Sunday. I'm just waving to myself as I pass through the door, it seems.

grammiequilts, I took my pieces of leftover batting and cut them into 10" and 5" squares. I use the 10" with layer cake pieces, and the 5" work really great for coasters/mug rugs (I plan on giving sets of those for the Holidays.)

I'm just sitting back watching the ruckus about the jam - I knew I'd never have the heart to open it, so I didn't put my name in :-D Can't wait to see who wins it tho!!

I'm off to dodge the flying swine.........LOLOL!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Great idea Roben Thanks

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:16 pm

I might be mean to my son the deputy sheriff - I have seen "pigs fly" - he got on a airplane in July!!! LLOL!!!

Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh Jana I never thought of that

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Hello fellow quilters! Thought I'd crash your 'Sew-In" tonight to share with you our upcoming activity: you are cordially invited to a "Pillowcase Sew-In" next Friday evening (Sept. 4th) and/or Saturday (Sept. 5th).

I'm thinking next weekend would be a great date for our "Pillowcase Sew-In"! My thought is that's a three day weekend for most of us...so we should be able to squeeze in one night or one day of sewing on that particular weekend! Rght?! So, what do you think, Ladies?! Shall we declare next weekend to be our QIAD "Pillowcase Sew-In"?????

Our wounded soldiers will truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and support. With hugs and appreciation to all who are willing to help out with this project ~Marcia

OOPS- forgot to mention that I am posting this a week ahead of time so that you might be able to get several pillowcases cut out PRIOR to our 'Sew-In'. That way you can just sew, and sew, and sew when the weekend arrives! ;-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Marcia, I wwill try . Got a wedding Friday night, but I should be good sat and sun. I have 6 more cut out.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Roben, put your name in for the jam drawing... if you win you can send it to me and my chances of winning will double...

Jana, my son wouldn't fly for the longest time till we went on vacation and drove from Calif to Missippi to Illinois and back to Calif.... he decided flying was a good thing.... they just called him to go on a strike team on that fire in Yosemite...

Grammie, I know the cow jumped over the moon but until Jana posted I didn't know pigs flew.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”