Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Daily discussions.
Cathy32078

Re: Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Well I seriously hope one of us gals wins that coveted Jam. LOL Vicky you have a point by looking at your poor luck this week. Hon, I think you just might deserve it. LOL Too bad we can't all meet somewhere and at least get a little bitty taste from the winning jar. LOL

In a way I am glad that they moved the Houston Show up this year. It will give people time to make some of the cute Halloween stuff & get to use it. Which reminds me, I bought a great Fall BOM type pattern set last year and have forgotten all about it. Yikes! And DH went at the last moment to go find the booth and get it for me. SHHHH Good thing he has forgotten about it too. LOL I better make that this year for next Fall. I have been gathering Fall fabrics so that will be my excuse. LOL I know I'll get busted at the Show when he sees that quilt again. *groan* Oh well. It isn't like it is rotting or anything, is my favorite saying about patterns. LOL

DH just went back to the Rig. He came in to do the lawn and get the dogs for the weekend. My asthma flared up a bit today, so he told me NO MOWING! I was thankful for him doing it. My neighbors have drained their pool and their backyard is all moldy smelling so that is probably the culprit. Oh how I wish they would move! I offered to let them siphon the water out & put the siphon hose down our French Drain. Nooooooo, the idiots just let all of that water (2500 gallons) out into their yard. And it just sits there because their yard is so unlevel in places. Mind you we have had some rain so in those places the ground is soft & saturated. Grrrrrr Okay I will stop complaining.

Well I am off to go eat some dinner & put some fabric in the dryer. My QIAD order came today. YIPPEE! Will catch yall later. I hope you all have had a wonderful day & will have an even better evening. The California fires have made our News Station here. How awful! Take Care.

Hugs & Love

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Good evening all. I am done with all the supper and stuff. I am going to put the border on my quilt. So back to the sewing machine. I cleaned out my sewing closet today and .....does anyone else save batting scraps? and what do you do with them. A few are cut offs and could be table runner size but I also have a lot of pieces, I hate throwing this stuff out. It is expensive to begin with. What should I do. I have a stack about 3 feet high. Oh and one more thing..................................................................TOMORROW IS CATHY32078's...Birthday...don't forget. I will be back in a bit.
The jam would also make a great birthday prez wouldn't it????

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:48 pm

GrandmaTaz - the show is in mid-October this year only. I have no idea why - they must have had some kind of conflict. You haven't been to a quilt show until you've been to the Houston Int'l. Quilt Festival. I spend three days there and still don't see everything. Also, they have a bazillion classes/lectures/demos for you to choose from. So come on down - we'd love to meet you and you would definitely have fun.

Girls, really, y'all are DREAMIN' if you think you are going to win the jar of El's jam. I don't care when your birthday is or when your anniversary is or what day you were born or when your kids were born or if you shared your bisquit recipe or when you last went to the potty - that has nothing to do with it!! So y'all just keep your bad selves AWAY from my jar of jam. I need to go sew so Schatzi's going to sit here in front of my computer and keep an eye on you. BEHAVE!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Cindy you are sooo funny......joking around like that I can't stop laughing...........

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Good Evening to all!!!!

I never picked out the fabric for my next projects. I got distracted by that darn new door. I scrapped the glass clean and washed the windows so I could put up the curtains. All I have to do is the outside.

Now I really am going to look for fabrics....LOL

Jana...I was married for 34 yrs now divorced. Now there is no one to eye my fabric....LOL

kathy....Happy Saturday!!

girl....WE can not fight over the jam! Let us fine a central location and bring our biscuits to share. May be it will be a quart jar!!!LOL

I have to go now...BBL...Kathy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi all when does that contest for the jar of jam go off anyway I forgot all about it.

But now it seems like I can taste it all the way in New Jersey .

Hope Everyone is doing fine .

Lois BBT

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:37 pm

When I win , I will share - at my kids house in Utah- bring your biscuits, scones or whatever you like!! That will kill two birds with one stone - I get to see my grandbabies and meet y'all!!!!LOL

Jana

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Schatzi had to go outside so there was nobody here to keep an eye on you. Tsk tsk tsk - Girls, girls, girls - there is no need to fight over that jar of El's jam. The jam is mine so don't go getting your hopes up. It's over, kaput, I WIN!!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:52 pm

WHEN PIGS FLY!!!!!cindy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Ok everyone is gone to look for the flying pig picture.......I know I am gonna win I can already taste it.

Return to “Sew ins”