Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Daily discussions.
vagrandma

Re: Its Friday and the beginning to a wonderful weekend

Post by vagrandma » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 am

Cathy......I need a really good biscuit recipe. Would you mind sharing yours? Anyone else have a good biscuit recipe? My Mom used to make biscuits from scratch and I didn't pay attention and she never measured.......and they always came out perfect!! Biscuits and El's jam really sounds good......YUM!!

Sandy

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:00 am

What My Sister in law told me...this is her first cousin....that the Dr told her husband that somehow they don't know!! it burst and let all the poison out into her bloodstream etc....she had been sick a week throwing up..her husband asked her everyday to go to the Dr....she refused..and Sunday he found her unconscious...so, he called 911..she never woke up...and yesterday they said her lungs collapsed....the Dr told her husband the day before that he would have to let him know to unplug her...to take her off life support...well, she died on her own.....so sad.....Bev

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 am

Well good afternoon everyone. Long time no talk.I have just been busy living that is all. No sewing in a while but I sure hope to be able to get to some soon. I hope you guys are having a great day and have a wonderful evening.

Brenda

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:05 am

Good afternoon from overcast, warm, rainy, SW. Pa...We got up to sunshine and then it started raining about noon...

DH was off to his painting job and I helped deliver Meals on Wheels...Another gal and I took a route neither one of us knew, but what the heck, we figured, sooner or later, we'd get those meals delivered...Of course we managed to get in a lot of gabbing and didn't get lost, not even once....We then met another gal for lunch and did some more gabbing....It was a fun, fun day.....

Barbara, I had the deer eating my pumpkin vines and I only have 1 pumpkin growing....When my son and his family were here, I had my buddy, Nicky, write his name on the pumpkin and told him, I'd send him a picture of it when it got big...And, our tomatoes are just about done...The plants really look terrible, but the peppers are still producing...

Luv_2, what terrible news about your friend..I had no idea that could happen...Boy, you just never know....My prayers go to the family....

I still can't post pictures but will learn real quick and post a shot of ME with the JAM.....This one is mine! Oh, I can almost taste it now.......

Well, off to fix something for DH for dinner...He usually suffers when I go out for lunch....

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon everyone.....

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:23 am

Good afternoon -

Everyone is talking about winning the jam - sorry to inform you but I will win it!! After all, owning a black cat, being born on a Friday the thirteenth, having a daughter on the same day that I was born, staying married for 34 years accounts for something!!! LOL

I have been hiding in the sewing room - trying to clean it up - it is getting the upper hand!! DH stated that I can't bring in any more fabric until I have a handle on that room - it is spilling out into the rest of the house!! Can't sneak it in either - he works at home!!
Off to conquer!!

Have a great day!!
Jana

katiekoala

Post by katiekoala » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 am

Good evening all well another hot day ahead of us here in Cooloola Cove! I will have all week-end to sew as Ian is on Coast Guard Duty untill Sunday Night! then is on radio night watch all next week! so I am about to finish some blocks I am working on for a special couple and of course the "send along sew along" group I am in. so it will be a busy weekend for me. so even tho it is still Friday over there it is SATURDAY here! hugs to all stay safe. kathy

ps edited by me for spelling mistakes.kathy

girl

Post by girl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:58 am

I didn't change providers FarmChick, I'm glad it was at one place. Hey I have a very good hot roll recipe that would be so yummy with the jamm. The jamm is mine!!!! HA! HA!, So what time will I win the jamm. I do have a good bisquit recipe that is so easy and my granny made it. HMMMM let see, let me look and I will be right back! Ok here it is: But I have to have some jamm too!

2-CUPS FLOUR
2 1/2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
1/3 CUP SHORTENING
3/4 CUP MILK
1/2 TEASPOON SALT

SIFT TOGETHER FLOUR,BAKING POWDER AND SALT.CUT IN 1/3 CUP SHORTENING WITH FORK UNTILL MIXTURE RESEMBLES COARSE CORN MEAL.ADD 3/4 CUP MILK AND BLEND LIGHLY WITH FORK ONLY UNTIL FLOUR IS MOISTENED AND DOUGH PULLS APART AWAY FROM SIDES OF BOWL. TURN ON LIGHTLY FLOUR SURFACE, KNEAD LIGHTLY AND ROLL 3/4 INCH THICK AND CUT WITH BISQUIT CUTTER. PLACE ON LIGHTLY GREASED PAN AND BRUSH TOPS WITH BUTTER OR MARGARIN. BAKE 475 VERY HOT OVEN FOR 12-15 MIN. I HAVE NEW OVEN AND IT TAKES ABOUT 13 MIN. JUST KEEP AN EYE ON THEM. MY GRANNY DID THIS. FAST AND EASY. O.K. NOW I GET THE JAM???

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 am

Cindyg I am soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous I want to go to the Houston show someday. How come they moved it to earlier in Oct? It used to be at the end and the beginning of Nov.

Carolyn, Tigger is so cute.

Jeanne

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:51 am

Sorry but I thought it would be me winning that jam. Seeings that I'm always in a jam of some kind I just figured I was a shoe in for this kind.

Vicky

macdor

Post by macdor » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 pm

Evening everyone. Have not read the post so after I send this will go back and read all of them.

It has been one of these days that you would like to throw the computer out the window. They are great when they work, when the don't trying to figure out what is going on is a killer.

Meet with a friend for lunch today, great girl talk. Did not do any sewing and most likely will not till we are back from Minnesota. We leave Tue. and will be gone for a week. Going to visit Todd's DS and DDIL. Will be my first trip to Minnesota. Have been cross country but never in the state of Minnesota.

Everyone have a great evening. Did see something about the jam. Sorry I think it is coming to my house. We can all dream, and hope.

God bless
DorothyM

Return to “Sew ins”