Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Wednesday it's August 26,2009

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Happy Wednesday it's August 26,2009

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Goodness, Irishgram - you really did have a day of it. On days like that all I want to do is come home and crash.

Jana - that's funny about the blinker fluid.

Vicky - Is Sears the only place you can take your machine? They don't "specialize" in sewing machines like a sewing machine dealer does so I was just wondering. I had a Kenmore and it was a great machine. I never took it in - not even for maintenance. But if it had needed work I think I'd take it to a sewing machine dealer - Sears is just too big.

Sharon - praying that you get out of your funk soon. Maybe you need a day for yourself to just sew and refresh yourself.

I just got home from church. I'm tired so I think I'll get ready for bed. See y'all in the morning.

ladybess

Post by ladybess » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Today was my only child's first day at college. He was ready, I thought I was ready. I am usually so stoic...I was ok until I had to walk out of his dorm room without him...now I'm sitting here bawling like a baby! It will get better (hopefully sooner than later)!! Just had to let it out -- thanks, Lori

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Good Evening Everyone,
LadyBess - I am so sorry you are missing your son. ((((Hugs))))

FarmChick - Happy Birthday to your DH today!

Sharon - Hope things improve soon. Poor little Cooper having all the therapy. Take good care of him.

I had a great day today. I just came in from a nice walk too. It has gotten hot and dry here today. We have had a very mild summer so we cannot complain about the heat, but with the heat came the fires in the foothills. We are on high fire danger warning. Keep Southern California in your prayers!

Have a great evening everyone!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:11 pm

ladybess----(((hugs))) when Izzy, my older daughter, moved into her dorm in Boston I had to take her cross country by myself. We all cried as we were getting on the plane in Long Beach, we even had the woman at the check-in at Jet Blue in Long Beach crying--(she remembered us at Christmas and we often see her now at the airport..she says "hi crying family" when she sees us) anyway when I helped Izzy move in I then had to go get a cab back to the hotel I was such a mess the cab driver turned the meter off and I just tipped him and booked him to take me to the airport the next morning. That was a rough plane trip back to CA.

the only reason it was a little easier with Julia 2 years later is that Izzy, her boyfriend and John were all with me. I was a wreck but had family to help pull me back together...

Izzy is still in Boston but Julia hated Indiana and is now at college near home and in an apt...

(((hugs))) from all of us mommies.....

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Good Evening Everyone!!!

Thank you for kind words on my DGD's 1st day at nursery school.:0))))

As usual you were all busy today. Work was good...All the babies I have now will be moving up to the next room on the 8th of Sept.):):):
I always cry a little. Thank heavens there are always new ones. I will be getting 2..6 week olds!!

So sad about ted Kennedy. It sure is the end of an dynasty. When my youth group was in NYC for a conference Jack Kennedy spoke to us. A real thrill for a girl from Massachusetts.

Good Night!!! You are all in my prayers....Kathy

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:20 pm

When I talked to Izzy a few minutes ago she said that the services for Ted Kennedy will be at the church around the corner from her apt she is a little concerned because like most students her id has a Calif address not her apt she is hoping the police will take her driver's license, student id and a bill mailed to her at the apt for valid id on Friday.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:50 pm

wow you gals sure can gab...

Irishgram... hope you picked the couch.. I think dinner should be served to you on days like this....

Carolyn, how fun to watch the little girl play... they do have some fun ideas... Marilyn and I play news reporter... she will say.. the sky is blue and there are trees back to you grandma...lol... cracks me up..

Thanks for the kind words about my exercising... I was already over weight but gained another 20 or more pounds recently... now it is time to get rid of it... my son also told me about the machines and muscle... he can't go exercise tomorrow but we have a date on friday... it's nice that he is old enought to not be embarrassed to be seen with his mom and her funky sweat pants and baggy t-shirt...I think I am going to cut the sweatpants off and hem them like shorts.. but then I would have to shave my legs... ugh...

hope you all have a great evening... it's past my bedtime.

Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”