Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Wednesday it's August 26,2009

Daily discussions.
CaroleJ

Re: Happy Wednesday it's August 26,2009

Post by CaroleJ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:48 am

A good, good morning everyone from the left coast of the US!

Guess we are in for a heat wave today so our temperate summer is over. Pretty typical for this region, as the rest of the country cools down during September and October, we BAKE here in the southwest. (DH and I got married here in mid-October, outdoor ceremony, me in a short-sleeved gown of lightweight silk, and it was plenty comfortable.) A lot of tourists don't get to visit during the best times of the year...late October, November, and sometimes even December here can be just glorious, and April is another banner month for mild, sunny days and bright blue skies. May is a crapshoot, the morning fog might burn off, might not...

Made a long list of To Do's yesterday morning; we'll see which ones I can get crossed off today. This is our homeschool Park Day, so we will be heading out for a playdate with our friends after lunch. That means getting off my kiester and getting things done relatively early.

Need to remember to bring my hat to the lake this morning...it was very bright yesterday, sunglasses only did so much to help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:26 am

Good morning, y 'all.

Lois - the last of your hot days? That sounds great to me. Have fun starting your DGS's quilt.

Vicky - Sorry your family is getting sick, too. Y'all have what we call "The Crud". It tends to hang on forever.

Luv_2 - I like your Good Morning.

Kathy - it's great that your shy DGD enjoyed her nursery school. One of my DGS is shy, too, and we were worried because he started intermediate school which is new to him. He did great, he got a locker (big deal), he's doing his homework, and getting in bed at 8:30 without a fuss. My DD is so happy......I'm wondering how long it will last - LOL.

Rosebud - prayer sent up.

Girl - praying that your left lady is just fine. Sorry the flu is there - wash your hands and use hand sanitizer. I also keep Clorox wipes handy.

Chriss - good for you - going to the gym. I am a slug. I admit it. I detest exercise.....and I look it.

Grammiequilts - you are sure having fun with your dehydrator. Never heard of zuccini chips. Sounds interesting.

Dorothy - you are so lucky to be able to choose what you are going to do. I'll get to do that if I ever retire.

Carolej - have fun at the playdate. I'm so looking forward to our autumn (November). I'm sick of roasting!

I'm at work - blah blah blah. Have the Praise Choir kick-off this evening at church. Dinner first, then the year's projection of what we will be doing, and a little singing. When I get home I have to get a load out of the dryer and straighten things up because the cleaning lady comes tomorrow. There will be no relaxing tonight at all. Everyone have a great day.

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:52 am

Good morning! Woke up with a slight headache this morning. I did'nt sleep well last night either.....tossed and turned all night long. Looks like another hot one today.........low 90's and humidity. I'm looking forward to Fall and the cooler temps. Today I'll be in my sewing room working on pillowcases. I've got a few left to finish but before I can work on them I need to re-thread my serger. I tried last night to re-thread it but I guess I was too tired and aggrevated with it to get it done. Not sure what else I'll get into today. I think I'll get me a large glass of iced tea and head on down to my sewing room. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Sandy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 am

Good Morning, everyone! You're a nice crowd to wake up to!

Vicky, hope you're feeling better soon. We call it the "Creepin' Crud" when it creeps from person to person. I'm not sure if I prefer to take care of a sick household, or if it's easier to just be sick myself! lol!

Kathy, glad your DGD likes school - and wants to go back! Mom said when my oldest brother (17 yrs older than I am) started school, he loved it! But no one ever said he had to go back! Every day after that was a struggle! haaaa!

Cindy, you poor, dry thing. I'm sending you some rain!! From the Great Pacific Northwest. Because obviously, your rain dances aren't doing the job! I still think you are mixing up the choreography.

Barbara, praying all goes well for you on Friday.

Chriss, you're tough - exercise machines! I HATE exercise! I force myself to walk 2 miles a day. Snickers won't let me skip. But it's so easy to just slip into my sewing chair and settle in for the day!

Carole, I makes to-do lists, too, and I confess I'm one of those who includes tasks I've already completed just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing them off! Makes me feel productive and rewarded.

If you're working today, may it be a pleasant day for you. If you're not feeling well, I hope you're on the mend soon. No one has mentioned uglies this morning, but if they are in your near future, you have my wish that they go quickly. Personally, I have no intention of getting any uglier than I have to today!

I'm going to go visit my friend, Lois, in the hospital. Good job, you prayer warriors! It's looking like she is improving rapidly. Thank you!! Then a button stop at Joann's and a quick visit to the library before coming home to do a little sewing. My day will be capped by going out to dinner with friends. It will be a nice 80* day here.

Blessings on you all! mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 am

Cindy I had zuchini chips down in holmes county ohio They are thin slices sprinkled with a little ranch seasoning or Lawrys or what ever seasoning you like and dehydrated, They come out like crisp little chips and are so good. Almost no calories....good with dip too. I thought I would try them with Old Bay seasoning too. They must be very thin 1/8 inch to shrink down int o chips.

Upon reading further...I think I should talk DH into going to get some peaches this weekend to can, The Grands love home canned peaches. Vicky hope your family feels better soon.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 am

morning...just checking in for my morning update on my friends. Hello everyone...shhh today I am going to try to log on during my lunch break and see if I can check in during the day. Another reason I need an iphone :)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Sounds like all of you are having a wonderful day! DSL was out for us yesterday until evening. I helped a teacher move into her classroom yesterday then made curtains for some cubbies for her last night. I just need to attach velcro to the top and I will be done. They are just dust cover curtaings really. Today I have an eye exam for new glasses and I will also be tutoring. I continue to mark the quilt. That is a tedius task!

Vicky - Sorry you are not feeling well, hope your family feels better soon.

Bev - Good Morning graphics are really good! I find myself looking for them. The cat was really adorable.

Chriss - Going up to Taft Point is a great incentive for getting into shape!

Kathy - I get my peaches from a certain peach farmer at the Farmer's Market. The peaches in California tend to mold on the counter getting ripe. His do not. Years ago he explained it had to do with where they are grown. He grows his in the high dessert and they are excellent in flavor! I really should make more peach jam!

Dorothy - When we visited the U.S.Senate we saw Ted Kennedy speaking on the floor of the Senate. It is a great memory!

CaroleJ - Have fun on the playdate. Yes, remember your hat! Sunglasses are not enough, you need to protect your skin and your eyes with a hat. (Put sunscreen on too!)

CindyG - Have a good day at work.

Judi - Have fun dehydrating the veggies.

Mary - Prayers that you feel better soon.

Sandy - Good luck re-threading the serger. I do not have one but understand they are a bit tricky.

MaryZ - Glad to hear Lois is doing better. Prayers will continue.

Lois - Have fun today!

To all - Have a wonderful day!!

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 am

Judi......before you put your dehydrator away make sure you dry some pears. They are so-o-o good. I haven't been able to find any pears to dry this year. Pears are about the only fruit I like dried. I think I might try drying some onions too.

Sandy

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:43 am

Hi Carolyn - I was busy writing while you posted. I have missed seeing you. I guess you are going to have to upgrade the phone! Hope you have a great day!

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:50 am

Crying- Dogs where running through the house and caught the cord to my pressure foot and my machine crashed to the floor. It is broken.

This it he second time this has happened to me.

At this minute I hate dogs. But I know I should have picked up the pressure foot. GRRRRRRR, whine.

I do have a maintenance agreement but I'm not sure if they will cover dogs pulling it off the table................again.

Vicky

Return to “Sew ins”