Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, August 25,

Daily discussions.
momof6quilts

Re: Tuesday, August 25,

Post by momof6quilts » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:34 am

We did all the peaches that were soft enough and got 28 quarts. There's just as many to do tomorrow!
I'm hot and tired but very pleased :-)

Vicky

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:05 am

Just stopping in to really say good morning - last night was a bit of cheating!!

The bull pen blew it again in the bottom of the 14th inning - so we lost!! Boo-hoo - oh well - there is tonight's game -

Got laundry going and DH fed so he is in the home office working - so now I can play for a little while sewing on some project that I can come up with - that is not hard to do around here!!

Have a great day
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:56 am

Good afternoon, Dh and I just had lunch. The living room furniture is perfect. You never know untill you get it if it is going to look ok. The peppers are alsmost done. A little over 4 hours. The onoins are perfect. They are brittle and taste good so I will do somemore of those. I have been cleaning out drawers today....I am a JUNKAHOLIC. I have gadgets and things. So I am trying to sort it all out. I filled the waste basket once already. My DH says," WHY? you will just fill them up again." I told him to go back to work and I know he is probably right. I may sew tonight It is warming up today so we might have to turn the AC on again:(

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:08 am

Happy Tuesday Everyone. We all woke up so that is a blessing. And hearing that Rosie, you have a Cancer that is treatable is good at least. No Cancer is good and I am so sorry, but at least they can treat it. You are in my thoughts & prayers and we are here for you in any way that we can help you Sweetie. Keep up your positive attitude and your sense of humor.

My SIL's procedure for the Kidney Stones went fine. I am not just overly fond of him, but I do not like to see anyone in pain at all. Or scared. At the hosp. this morning he was petrified. My DD & I was trying to lighten the mood. We saw an orderly walk by with a huge roll of tubing about as big around as a garden hose. SIL had a panic sticken look on his face and asked what that was for. I said "Oh honey, that is what they will use to go up inside of you with." LOL OMG I thought he was going to cry. LOL DD told me to behave myself.LOL So I had to settle the big baby down and tell him I was just joking. He really is in pain I can understand that, but he is a guy that has to go to bed for 3 or 4 days with a cold or Sinus problem. Anyway that went well.

I have to go run a few errands and then I am going to come home and try to get my sewing machine to play nicely today. She better or else!

Vicky I am sticking a couple of blocks for Lydia in the mail to you. One of them does not look too pretty on the back but it is fine & useable. If you rather not use it, pitch the puppy. An instance that my machine was throwing a hissy & I had ripped & ripped & ripped all I was going to rip. I stitched over the ugly part so it is sturdy, just isn't pretty. I am at my wits end with that machine this week. I am going to try a new spool of thread this afternoon and see if by any chance that may be the problem. That is all I can think of. Well got to run! See you Angels later.

Love Ya'll

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:40 am

I have to show you what my sweetie did for me while I was at my DS2's house over the weekend. I have been asking him to find me a table or something so my machine would be level with the table. So he went to the dump and found this. Not sure what this was used for.......it has a lever to move the table part behind my machine up and down (?)..... but it seems to work great for me. He had it all set up for me when I got home and wanted me to post pics so you all could see it. LOL Most times I can wring his neck but he got his neck hugged this weekend!! LOL

This is the lever....

Sandy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 am

Hi all

I just got back from wally world well I returned my DVD player and also an electric Knife that my son purchased a coupel of weeks ago it wouldn't cut it worked but when you went to slice something it just wouldn't cut I tried a London Broil and it just wouldn't and it wasn't like shoe leather either go figure so stay away from buying a BD brand.

before I forget I went back into yesterdays post Im sorry Rosie to here about your cancer I will add a coupel of more prayers .

Have A Great Afternoon I have to start dinner so we can go to the gym later.

Lois BBL

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 am

Checking in from warm, sunny, "perfect" SW. Pa...This is the kind of day that you wish would stay all year....

WOW, it took a long time just reading though everyone's posts...There's a lot happening!

Rosie, so sorry about the news, but "treatable" is the good part....Know there are so many prayers and good thoughts coming your way...

I had a few "uglies" to do this morning...DH left early this morning to do a paint job for a friend so it's just me and the cats...AND I just loved that kitten...

Joanne, Was thinking of you this morning... I made curtains for one of the DGD's apartment at school...She leaves to go back tomorrow and why wouldn't I wait to do them until the last minute...I work so much better under pressure....My DD stopped and picked them up and then was off to the grocery to get things for DGD's "last supper"....All her kids will then be gone...I have a feeling she'll be stopping here for lunch every day...

All the talk about peaches, I really need to get some..I think that has to be my favorite fruit...So if anyone cares to send any, pies, jam etc., feel free.....

Well, time to get something out for dinner or at least think about it....Last night was left over left overs.....

You all enjoy the rest of the day.....
(Listen to me, my son lives in N. C. and I'm saying "you all")

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:31 am

Sandy, I love your sewing room!!! It's all pristine clean, too! Time to get creative and mess it up!!! LOL

My DH is also a Dumpster Diver. He had gotten some really neat metal bookcase shelves--the kind you set on top of a desk and use as cubicle dividers--out of the dumpster at his work. He cleaned them up and repaired them and laid a close-out hollow-core door across them. He also attached to the underside of the door a set of pull-out file cabinet drawers that had been on a pedestal desk. I had a PERFECT height (for me at 5'8") cutting and pressing table! He also stuck on a 72" tape measure across the edge of the table. How clever and inexpensive--almost free!!!--was that!!! He is very resourceful.

Sounds like your DH is also creative. I do love your table!!! Tell your DH that he did quite well in his dumpster diving!!!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 am

Jana - the Astros bull pen sucks, too. I hope they make some big changes for next year. I think we will come in last this year.

Grammiequilts - Glad you are happy with your funiture. Do we get to see a picture?

Cathy - I was having fits with my machine over the weekend. I took it apart and cleaned in and around the bobbin case. I don't know how so much lint gets in there but there was a bunch that had formed itself into a ball and it was hard. No wonder it wasn't working correctly. I changed the needle, too, so now my machine is behaving herself - YEA! Glad your SIL's procedure went well. What about your mom's eye surgery?

Sandy - tell your DH he did a great job on your table. I don't know what the lever is for usless it makes the center section drop down and you can then make the table smaller?

Lois - my DH bought a B&D electric knife to filit fish with. It burned up during about the 3rd fish-cleaning session. Piece of crap, he said.

Irishgram - at least "you all" is a bit more refined than "y'all" which is what we say in Texas, or the south for that matter. LOL

GrandmaTaz

Post by GrandmaTaz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 am

Cathy, sorry to hear your machine is still giving you fits. I know you changed the needle and things but have you cleaned the machine. Oiled and greased it? Use only the oil for sewing machines, like Singer oil or I think there are other brands too but that seems to be the one everyone carries. DO NOT use the 3 n 1 oil, that our hubby's have around the house for things. That really gunks up the machine it dries hard. The grease, or goop I think it's called , goes on the gears. Out here in the Southwest we have to do that to the machines sometimes monthly as we are so dry. The gal that owns the fabric shop I work at showed me how to do all this, she really knows machines.

Jeanne

Return to “Sew ins”