Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, August 25,

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday, August 25,

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:03 am

Morning everyone, I am sitting here waiting for the delivery call. I have the living room cleaned, DH is in his office working,

I will do a little ironing and wash today....dehydrate some peppers to try. The onions came out perfect. I will probably sew tonight. BBL
Hugs and prayers to Rosie,

quiltfan60

Post by quiltfan60 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 am

Good morning all, wishing everyone a lovely day, and especially want Rosie to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat, I agree with just reading the messages sometimes. I usually don't have any input, but decided today I will start, lol.

Carolyn, just adored the little message sign you put on.

Jana, hope your Giants won. I love sports to, and think it is so cool when they go into exta innings, or overtime.

Lois, Although your DVD player was at risk for fire, sure glad yours didn't catch on fire.

Kathy, sometimes it is fun to be a little behind, especially when you get some rest, lol.

Bev, cute picture of the little kitten

Vicky, I am jealous of your peaches, there are so many wonderful things that can be made with them, and apples. Have you ever made freezer jam? This is the first year I have made it, and we love it.

Chrissy, so glad you got your belt, I would be so happy to have a treadle too.

Mary, I am drinking my coffee with you, have a great day.

Chriss, wishing you a lovely day, have you gotten any rain yet?

Ladies, you are all a great bunch, lol, I so enjoy reading your posts and enjoy your humor. A good day to all.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 am

Good Morning (or night!)everyone! They must have changed the weather predictions for this week...it's still cool in the AM and low humidity! Whoo Hooo! I slept in to my usual 7:30am and DH (who gets up about 6am, crawled back into bed before I got up and said to wake him at 9am! Boy, that's unusual!

We thought that we might have to babysit Ryan today and take him to Kindergarden orientation, but DS is on the night shift at the school today, so he will take him (DH really wanted to go to school with Ryan, so he is a little disappointed! lol!). Ryan has one of the best teachers, which is probably because his aunt is the Elementary School secretary! lol!

Rosie, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you..."treatable" is really good.

BBL
Joanne:0)

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:48 am

Good morning All--

I'm back from letting out the chickens. I drove over and walked back. Figured I'd get more workout when we go into town and mow the yards (push mow) at the duplexes (2 of them). The sun came up a bright orange ball in an apricot sky. I have a mile to walk facing east, and I see a continuous new vista exploding with colors that are glorious. I think of bolts of fabrics unfolding, ever changing. Mother Nature has to be a quilter!!!

I saw one of the Amish men driving his horse and buggy to town. They were clippity-clopping along the road and passed me. Usually a buggy passes by the house several times a day as they go to town or to work for someone in the area.

Mowing outside and mopping inside are on my agenda. Hope to get to sew some today.

Yesterday DH went to a sale and got some shop equiment. He told me there was some stuff there I might be interested in. Have I told you what a great guy he is!!! Telling ME about a SALE!!!! Well... I got a couple of crocks for on the counter to hold my kitchen tools, two stainless collanders for rinsing my veggies and fruits I hope to freeze/can next year, 2 nice heavy-duty aluminium (professional weight) cookie sheets, a really cute rustic bird house that looks like a church (I used to see them for $90-$100 at craft fairs) and a cast iron treddle sewing machine stand with a beat up wooden table top on it. This sewing machine stand has DOMESTIC as the brand. I'd never heard of it. I miss my sewing machine stand table. Right now this is on the front porch with a basket of cascading flowers and the bird house on it. Also got a little antique butter paddle. The sewing machine stand doesn't have the treddle or wheel cover, so it's just plain and not worth much. I may leave it as it is and not re-do it, at least for awhile.

Chrissy, I think that perhaps Newark Dressmaker Supply carries treddle machine belts in case you need one in the future. There HAVE to be suppliers, as I think the Amish use treddle machines??? They don't have electricity.

Those of you who work--have a good day!!! Dream of quilts and check in here when you can. <grin!>

Lois, we were sitting at lunch one day watching the news, and our TV went black and started to smoke. It was like Mission: IMPOSSIBLE where the tape player goes to smoke. DH grabbed it and carried it outside and threw it on the ground. We were glad it didn't happen while we weren't at home! YIKES!!! Just what we would need--another fire!!! NOT!!! I'm glad you got yours returned before it flamed out!!!

Bev, the kitty is so cute!!! Grayballs was at the farm to greet me this morning and ask for his ration of cat food.

Jana--keep rooting for the Giants!!! I'm also the sports fan here. DH could care less. I drag him to GKs' activities. I keep telling him it's the grandfatherly thing to do!!!

Vicky--good news on the jury duty! I'd love to come help with the peaches!!! YUMMMMM!!! I'd have a tummy ache, and you'd have several quarts less than you planned if I was to help. LOL

Rosie--good thoughts and prayers going your way!!!

Everyone--hope your day is stress free and you get SOME of the things done you planned!!! I'm off to fix breakfast and coffee. BBL

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:52 am

Good morning from San Diego!
I stayed up late watching "Operacion Repo"...dang it! Don't know what it is about that show, it has become one of my guilty pleasures, totally mindless time...

WEIRD day at work yesterday...nothing awful, nothing I can discuss, but just WEIRD. I guess anyone who works with the public is bound to have those days every now and then. Glad I don't have to go in today!

Nothing interesting on the boards today...walk the lake with Roxy...put a coat of UV glop on the steps (DH flipped them over for me)...bring checkbook up to date (YUCK, not a favorite!)...start making plan for next month's finances...call eye doc and see if DD2's glasses are finally ready, set follow up appointment for me...tidy sewing area...figure out what to make for dinner, too warm to run the oven...want to make seasoned pretzels, though, so need to do that early so the house can cool back down...the members of the Ladies' Guild all need haircuts...

Hmmmm...looks like the day is filling up...! Gonna grab a pen and paper and get all this jotted down before it escapes my head!

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:05 am

Farmchick, my DH made me a table to sit to the left of my machine out of one of those tables. He put a beautiful wood top on it and coated it with several coats of Tung Oil and it is gorgeous! If the wood is still good and just needs sanding, you might try sanding it and applying Tung oil...
How do you drive to the chickens and walk home??????Do you leave your vehicle with the chickens??? I'm confused!

CaroleJ what do you do at work??????

Jo

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:23 am

Good morning girls. Gosh, lots of you here already.

Rosie - I was sorry to hear your news. But the good news is that your surgeon says it's treatable. Just take things one day at a time and remember you have all of us at your back and praying like crazy.

I've read everything. Don't have time to post. I'm at work, as usual. BBL

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:23 am

Good morning! Got the sheets on the beds changed and washed so now I'm heading down to my sewing room. We're having a nice cool morning for a change with no humidity.......it's such a nice change!! I'm hoping to finish my pink and white "dutch windmills" top today. I need to find more fabric for the backing before it will be completely finished tho. Got the fabric yesterday to finish up the pillowcases I have cut out. Walmart's fabric department is pathetic now.....in fact I'm just disappointed in Walmart period!! Or maybe it's just my Walmart. The people are unfriendly, or at least the majority of them are and their prices seem to go up daily. I sure wish there was another place to shop locally!! Well time's a wastin' so I better get my ice tea and head downstairs. You all have a great day!!!!

Rosie.......I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Sandy

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:03 am

Good Morning!

Rosie I am sorry the news wasn't what we wanted. HUGS!

Darling kitten Bev!

Love the mouse with the pansy Carolyn.

It sound like everyone has a full day planned, I am supposed to meet my brother for lunch, to pick up his trumpet for my middle child, he is starting band this year. Then I need to do the uglies quick cause its quilt group tonight and we are making the most adorable pumpkin table runner for Halloween.

School for my boys start tomorrow. I swear the X-box is going in a box in the back of the closet I am so sick of them fighting over it.

I will have my DD for an extra 2 weeks her school doesn't start until the 9th, I still need to school shop for her so I guess that's what we will be doing.

HUGS to everyone!

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:15 am

Joanne-- I had a table that I used for years as a dining room table then moved it to the sewing room. It was a hand-made butcherblock style (pine and walnut) top with an oiled finish on a singer treddle frame. DH then modified it with a drop to make a smooth-top for my Bernina to fit down in. I have two antique library tables that we've refinished arranged in an L for my sewing room now.

This little table from the sale has a top that has been outside and the wood has rotted. It looks primitive now. It's too far gone for sanding and re-finishing. I do like how it looks on the porch, and for now I think it will stay.

I looked up the Domestic brand and found they were a good company mfgd in Ohio and eventually taken over by White.

Now DH is ready to go mow. BBL

P.S. I drive my truck out to the farm and leave it when I go unlock the chickens. I'll pick it up later today, maybe when we come back from mowing or go check cattle. Or I might walk over when I go close up the chickens for the night.

Return to “Sew ins”